Trinity VS Ryan

The teams in Class AA.

Trinity VS Ryan, Who will win the battle of the private schools?

Dickinson Trinity
78%
Minot Bishop Ryan
22%

Total votes : 23

Postby northdakotaball » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:25 pm

Two Private schools will be fighting for a playoff spot, Who will win?

Keep in mind that Trinity beat Beulah who slaughtered Ryan, but Ryan beat Hazen (#1 team in state at the time) who beat Trinity.
Last edited by northdakotaball on Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northdakotaball

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:58 am

its going to be interesting to see how minot handles themselves after coming off a big win against hazen. same with trinity beating beulah. both teams are coming off pretty big highs right now.
ndsubisonfan

Postby lion-55 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:09 pm

it should be close...n e one know when the last time trinity didnt make the playoffs..??

lion-55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Double G » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:23 pm

lion-55 wrote:it should be close...n e one know when the last time trinity didnt make the playoffs..??

i wouldn't worry about that if i were you.

Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby showtime » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Trinity is going to win the game by 20 plus, but since the game is played at Minot Ryan there is a chance it will be a close game.  So what Minot Ryan had one good game when they caught Hazen sleeping (not to mention they played in Minot Ryan). Minot Ryan might be a decent team but they are no match for Trinity.  Trinity is always a solid team at every position on the field, and very sound on their assignments.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:54 pm

showtime wrote:Trinity is going to win the game by 20 plus, but since the game is played at Minot Ryan there is a chance it will be a close game.  So what Minot Ryan had one good game when they caught Hazen sleeping (not to mention they played in Minot Ryan). Minot Ryan might be a decent team but they are no match for Trinity.  Trinity is always a solid team at every position on the field, and very sound on their assignments.

I agree. lion-55, i wouldn't worry about when the last time Trinity didn't make the playoffs. If that is your thinking going into the game, you are in for a long night. I guarantee you that Trinity has you scouted better than anyone else. The option  you run isn't going to work against Trinity. They will have the guys in all the right spots to make plays. Remember, Beulah handed it to you up in Minot, and Trinity manhandled the Miners. I'd be strapping it on a little tighter vs. the Titans.
ndfbfan

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:05 pm

not to be favoring anyone or anything, but this is exactly how the talk was before the hazen game. dont take the chance of making yourself look bad....again
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby boysbballfan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:37 pm

I think it will be a playoff type enviroment minot is always a tough place to play and both teams are fighting for a playoff spot it is win or go home game for both teams should be a fun one to watch.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby crazy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:56 pm

[user=853]ndfbfan[/user] wrote:  
I agree. lion-55, i wouldn't worry about when the last time Trinity didn't make the playoffs. If that is your thinking going into the game, you are in for a long night. I guarantee you that Trinity has you scouted better than anyone else. The option  you run isn't going to work against Trinity. They will have the guys in all the right spots to make plays. Remember, Beulah handed it to you up in Minot, and Trinity manhandled the Miners. I'd be strapping it on a little tighter vs. the Titans.

I think that power-aid is right. After what happended to Hazen i dont think anybody should be making prediction that one team is going to kill the other team. But i do agree with you that Trinity will be ready to play and they will know everything there that Minot Ryan has showed this year. They will be very well prepared to play.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:07 am

crazy wrote:[user=853]ndfbfan[/user] wrote:  

I think that power-aid is right. After what happended to Hazen i dont think anybody should be making prediction that one team is going to kill the other team. But i do agree with you that Trinity will be ready to play and they will know everything there that Minot Ryan has showed this year. They will be very well prepared to play.

Not once did I say Trinity is going to kill Ryan. I simply stated that Trinity will be much better prepared. Their coaches do an amazing job of getting their kids ready to play, especially for a game of this magnitude. My point is that Ryan needs to approach this game differently than any game they've played this year. It has to be about near perfect execution and no mistakes. A team like Trinity always has, and always will thrive on another team making mistakes. Those mistakes have hurt Ryan in its other games they've lost this year. I never have, and never will make a prediction regarding a game becuase I've been around this game a long time and know that the old cliche "on any given night" is the absolute truth.
ndfbfan

Postby scruffy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:16 am

If it is close, take Ryan.  Trinity continues to make mistakes that shouldn't happen in game one.  They line up in the neutral zone, pick up unsportsmanlike conduct penalites when they think things didn't go right, get called for  holding in critical situations, are prone to the turnover, and really struggle on special teams.  Their punt and kickoff coverage is suspect, and rarely do they convert on extra points or two point converstions.  This will catch up to them. It comes down to poise and discipline.
Last edited by scruffy on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Notorious » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:24 am

Trinity by 17.  Historically, this is the time of year when Trinity is at its best.  My guess is they will "clean up" their play this week.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby sloppyjoe41 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:35 am

look at it this way. the ryan team from the beulah week isn't the same as it is this week. they have got their feet under them now and are coming off a solid game against belcourt. the front 5 are really getting it done up front and are making nice holes for the running backs. clay is making the right reads on the option and getting it done when he needs to. against beulah the wide receivers weren't getting good stock blocks, after that game they have really works hard getting off the ball and getting the corner blocked.
Last edited by sloppyjoe41 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sloppyjoe41
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Double G » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:34 am

sloppyjoe41 wrote:look at it this way. the ryan team from the beulah week isn't the same as it is this week. they have got their feet under them now and are coming off a solid game against belcourt. the front 5 are really getting it done up front and are making nice holes for the running backs. clay is making the right reads on the option and getting it done when he needs to. against beulah the wide receivers weren't getting good stock blocks, after that game they have really works hard getting off the ball and getting the corner blocked.

[user=607]scruffy[/user] wrote:
If it is close, take Ryan.  Trinity continues to make mistakes that shouldn't happen in game one.  They line up in the neutral zone, pick up unsportsmanlike conduct penalites when they think things didn't go right, get called for  holding in critical situations, are prone to the turnover, and really struggle on special teams.  Their punt and kickoff coverage is suspect, and rarely do they convert on extra points or two point converstions.  This will catch up to them. It comes down to poise and discipline.

Wow....

I disagree completely

Trinity is a very well diciplined and poised team, they do not make mistakes in critcal times. And as for the unsportsmanlike, Trinity plays football likes its meant to be played, mean but not dirty.

And a big win off belcourt? Trust me that "big" win will hurt them more then help them. Trust me, Trinity will shut down Ryan's offense with no trouble at all.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:02 am

DoubleG, You should have seen the Trinity Beulah game.  During a critical fourth quarter drive, THS committed five penalities.  Two were lining up in the neutral zone, and one was unsportsmanship.  Little things like that down the stretch can make or break a game.  Thats all I'm saying.  If they play smart, they should be all right, but they have struggled to do that at times this year.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sloppyjoe41 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:33 am

i didn't say a "big" win. i said a solid game. there is a big difference. everyone played there responsibilities in that game the running backs hit the hole hard. the wide outs got good stock blocks. the lineman got to there people. and the defence was awesome. thats what i was saying it was SOLID as in ASSIGNMENTS!!!
sloppyjoe41
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:38 am

sloppyjoe41 wrote:i didn't say a "big" win. i said a solid game. there is a big difference. everyone played there responsibilities in that game the running backs hit the hole hard. the wide outs got good stock blocks. the lineman got to there people. and the defence was awesome. thats what i was saying it was SOLID as in ASSIGNMENTS!!!

Did lion-55 sign in with a new name?? just wondering since you both spell defesne wrong. Ask any Trinity player and I guarantee you they spell it like they play it. The right way.
ndfbfan

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:29 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
sloppyjoe41 wrote:i didn't say a "big" win. i said a solid game. there is a big difference. everyone played there responsibilities in that game the running backs hit the hole hard. the wide outs got good stock blocks. the lineman got to there people. and the defence was awesome. thats what i was saying it was SOLID as in ASSIGNMENTS!!!

Did lion-55 sign in with a new name?? just wondering since you both spell defesne wrong. Ask any Trinity player and I guarantee you they spell it like they play it. The right way.

goodness ndfbfan...trinity has the best chance of winning but these two spelling b champions will be looking forward to post some messages directed your way if they are able to come out on top friday night. I am assuming you are a trinity player,  all this bragging and stuff that you are doing on here doesnt represent the school well, even if you are a parent or graduate. I guess im just the woody paige in this issue and you are the jay mariotti. i just wish people could give the highs and lows of each team without critizing the team they are against. Its nice to have players give insight, but when you guys brag back and forth over the same stupid things it gets old. how about you guys just play your game friday and then the winner can come on here and brag. but before the game, whats the use.....it doesnt help your mental approach at all nor your focus on the game. When this game is over though, lets not come on here and say stuff like: how much were the refs paid, they were spitting in our faces, they were playing dirty. all of this being said, i believe both teams strength is in their defense. i think the team who scores first will win. if you plan on going to the game prepare for a pretty lively atmosphere and really cold weather. ENJOY!
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby minotfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:30 pm

I agree I don't think Trinity will have to much trouble with Ryan
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby showtime » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:13 pm

Just the thought that Trinity makes stupid mistakes at the wrong time.  In the Trinity vs. Beulah game Trinity was getting it handed to them by the refs.  Those so called penalties Trinity had on that BIG drive for Beulah were nothing more than the figment of the refs imagination.  I heard that the score didn't show how lop sided that game really was.  Trinity should have won that game by more than they did.  Not to take Beulah down or anything but Trinity just outplayed them and hit all their assignments on the spot.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:28 pm

The two pass interference calls and the unsportmanship penalty were real!   Both times contact was made while the ball was just released. I didn't have a decent angle to judge the two times Trinity lined up offsides..
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:57 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:

goodness ndfbfan...trinity has the best chance of winning but these two spelling b champions will be looking forward to post some messages directed your way if they are able to come out on top friday night. I am assuming you are a trinity player,  all this bragging and stuff that you are doing on here doesnt represent the school well, even if you are a parent or graduate. I guess im just the woody paige in this issue and you are the jay mariotti. i just wish people could give the highs and lows of each team without critizing the team they are against. Its nice to have players give insight, but when you guys brag back and forth over the same stupid things it gets old. how about you guys just play your game friday and then the winner can come on here and brag. but before the game, whats the use.....it doesnt help your mental approach at all nor your focus on the game. When this game is over though, lets not come on here and say stuff like: how much were the refs paid, they were spitting in our faces, they were playing dirty. all of this being said, i believe both teams strength is in their defense. i think the team who scores first will win. if you plan on going to the game prepare for a pretty lively atmosphere and really cold weather. ENJOY!

Well, you assume wrong. I'm neither a player, nor graduate, nor parent. Actually I'm an unbiased observer. I agree with you that it does get old bragging about oneself and talking oneself up. My observation is pre-game only. I just happen to believe that Trinity has some of the best coaches in the state and they will be very well prepared. How many state championship games has Trinity been in the last 10 years? how many for Ryan? My point is that Trinity will be ready. As I said in an earlier post, if Ryan proves me wrong, I'll be one of the first to congratulate them and give them all the credit they deserve.
ndfbfan

Postby propel23 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:07 pm

sloppyjoe41 wrote:look at it this way. the ryan team from the beulah week isn't the same as it is this week. they have got their feet under them now and are coming off a solid game against belcourt. the front 5 are really getting it done up front and are making nice holes for the running backs. clay is making the right reads on the option and getting it done when he needs to. against beulah the wide receivers weren't getting good stock blocks, after that game they have really works hard getting off the ball and getting the corner blocked.

hey can you quite writting about our team sloppy joe 41 no one wants you to and its kind of obvious who you are so just quit. Just let the other people talk about us and when we go out on friday and play then they can come on after the game and see if what they were saying was right or wrong. so seriously stop
propel23

Postby crazy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:28 pm

scruffy wrote:The two pass interference calls and the unsportmanship penalty were real!   Both times contact was made while the ball was just released. I didn't have a decent angle to judge the two times Trinity lined up offsides..

Scruffy im sorry to say that showtime is right. The two passing interference calls were not very good calls at all. One the first one Trinity's corner had inside position and his head looking for the ball, and on the second one neigther of the players could have made a play on the ball. Im not sure about one of the offsides penalties you are talking about but the one on 4th and inches i was sitting pretty much straight across form the line and i did not see anyone offsides.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:08 am

I agree the calls were iffy, but I thought contact was made...BUT...a poised team at that point not cool it up and makes a play instead of losing their cool.  Thats where discipline and leadership come in.  At that point the team showed none of that. What frustrates me is the fact that I know the team is capable.  Overall a very good bunch of kids that good go the distance if they stay focused for 48 minutes a game...
Last edited by scruffy on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AA