Expectations

The teams in Class AA.

Expectations

Postby heimer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm

AA now compared to preseason expectations:

According to plan:

Grafton is very good. Great offense, and more depth means a solid defense as well. Leading the east region is not a surprise.

Shanley is still in the thick of it. Took a hit at Grafton but returned some great kids waiting for a turn.

Surprises:

Everything else.

St. Mary's 0-5 with whom I believe to be the second-best QB at the AA level (props to Hansen). 0-5.

Bottineau ranked second and unbeaten. Marty ball is back in Carrington after a loss to VC to start the year. Big win for Beulah over the Saints puts them 2-1 in the region.

Remaining questions:

Is Grafton the team to beat? Are Bottineau and Carrington for real leading the west? Will the early dominance of the east carry over? The defensive numbers put up by the east mean one of two things: either they all have defense or no one but Grafton has offense.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Expectations

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:46 pm

I'd say Grafton is the measuring stick in AA
Defense wins Championships
Defensive point count as Offense and the same kids playing Offense are playing Defense.
High School football is more like Hockey than it is like College or NFL Football
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

winner-within wrote:I'd say Grafton is the measuring stick in AA
Defensive point count as Offense and the same kids playing Offense are playing Defense.
High School football is more like Hockey than it is like College or NFL Football

you lost me on that one Winner?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:22 pm

thewanderer wrote:

I've been known to do that.... :lol: :lol:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:51 pm

thewanderer wrote:

Let me elaborate

This my theory (and IMHO) it could be converted to a concept for, food for thought to a kid who is trying to learn the game of High School Football....Defence is Offense and vise versa....its a revolving door of substitution like the game of hockey.....
Example...Windfield makes a heck of a cover man but Harvin is a better receiver so Windfield sits when the ball is in his teams hands.....Alex Hartz is a Stud back....but immediately when needed he converts to one heck of a linebacker....what i mean is Good D results in Offense opportunity with the same players...hence Hockey.

When Cavalier Knocked Dickinson Trinity off the chopping block of undefeatedness they did it with a Defensively/offensively strategy ....that consisted of the same players....Good Defense is good Offense.....or Vise Versa
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to AA