West Region

The teams in Class AA.

West Region

Postby Stairway2Heaven » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Would like to know anything about the west region.

From what I've seen:

Bishop Ryan looks pretty good early in the year. Defense looks good and Sophmore QB Austin Eggl is doing very well along with Junior RB Chase Fugere, who is also looking good.

Bottineau has looked decent. Senior QB Justin McCloud looked good against St. Marys. Senior wide out Mark LeCroix looked VERY good in that game as well. Backs run hard too.

St Marys does not look good. Tescher has been looking decent QB. Needs a line. Herald's injury really hurts them. Their run game hasn't been very good, neither has the D. Tescher arm is the only thing making them respectable.

I hear Carrington has a very good freshmen back. 200 yards against Trinity? Any other info on them?

I'm interested about Trinity. I thought they were supposed to be good since they returned most their team. But, they've dropped 2 straight in OT so how are they. Are carrington and VC just good?

Any other info would be appreciated.
Stairway2Heaven
NDPreps Rookie

Re: West Region

Postby nodak football » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm

whats going on with st. marys i thought they were supposed to be the team to beat in the west. i know heralds injury is tough to get around but i thought they had more athletes than that and i think they still have an all state offensive lineman from last year. i'm not positive on that but i think they do. can anyone help me understand why they have started 0-3 and will they bounce back this year??
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 pm

nodak football wrote:whats going on with st. marys i thought they were supposed to be the team to beat in the west. i know heralds injury is tough to get around but i thought they had more athletes than that and i think they still have an all state offensive lineman from last year. i'm not positive on that but i think they do. can anyone help me understand why they have started 0-3 and will they bounce back this year??

Pretty sure Berger was all state on the line last year.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby dbtd1 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:49 am

It will be interesting down the stretch to see who will come out of this with the #4 spot. Im thinking it will be Minot Ryan, Bottineu, Carrington, and Trinity. in that order
dbtd1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 pm

To stop Ryan, you need to stop Fugere.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:To stop Ryan, you need to stop Fugere.

While stopping any team's running back would greatly impact their offenses success, I don't think you can say that would totally stop their offense. Eggl can run the ball some too and they also have playmakers at the wings. Eggl has also thrown for over 100 yards in every game and completed a pretty high percent of his passes, so I'd say they have a pretty good passing game as well. Again, Fugere is a good back, but not the whole team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:24 am

No disrespect to Ryan or Eggl but I think you know what I mean. Listening and seeing Ryan play, Chase seems to be all over the field on offense and defense. Eggl is a very good QB and will kill you if you don't respect him but, IMO he seems to be the life line for this team. Every team has a player like him, if you stop them it hurts the team all over.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby 1112cc » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:01 pm

nodak football wrote:whats going on with st. marys i thought they were supposed to be the team to beat in the west. i know heralds injury is tough to get around but i thought they had more athletes than that and i think they still have an all state offensive lineman from last year. i'm not positive on that but i think they do. can anyone help me understand why they have started 0-3 and will they bounce back this year??

Herald is not the only one that is out. We al know that one man does not make a team, (unless you are playing class B basketball). They have lost 3 starting lineman 2 in the first game (herald and norm randal)and the 3rd (kyle Huber) after the 2nd game. at one point at last weeks practice they had 11 guys watching practice in street clothes. Their starting TE is now there starting center and their backup TE is the guard. not only have you lost a lineman but now you take away a weapon in the TE. There 1st backup lineman has only played in one game this year because of back problems.If there was one position that they were short on it was the line and that is where a lot of injuries have come from. Herald did play against Beulah but only on Offense. Randal is out for the year and Huber might be back in a couple of weeks. They have had to start freshmen on the line this year against Bott. they had to start 3 freshmen. they have a talented freshman class but you can't throw them to the wolves and expect them to succeed although this might help them in years to come.
We all saw what injuries did to some of last years teams. Whapeton lost some players in the 1st game last year and they never recovered. Bott. lost so many that they had to cancel some of their JV games, and I think Ryan had a lot of injuries last year too.
St. Mary's was lucky last year that they had no injuries in their line .Their line was good but they were thin on back ups.
1112cc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nodak football » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:16 pm

so herald will be able to play this season? Do you know any names of the freshman who started?
NDSU 1995
nodak football
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1112cc » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 pm

nodak football wrote:so herald will be able to play this season? Do you know any names of the freshman who started?

As I said before , Herald played offense only against Beulah.
The freshman that started were Grad, Krebs, Braunagel. All of them have at least started one game.
They also put in the freshman QB to run back kickoffs in beulah got down to the 30 yrd line before time ran out in the 1st half.
1112cc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Fan of ND sports » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm interested about Trinity. I thought they were supposed to be good since they returned most their team. But, they've dropped 2 straight in OT so how are they. Are carrington and VC just good?

Any other info would be appreciated.[/quote]

Hmmm......tough to answer. IMO, Ben Gordon is not a QB, or at least a quick enough one. Never improved himself since last year. Should probably have been a lineman.

The O and D line just not strong enough this year. Not sure if they took a year off from the weight room or what.

Fridrich, Isiah and Clarence Binstock are their strongest. Jesse Kubik, who got hurt last week, I thought would have been more dominating this year, but wasn't.

Offense appears to have a very limited playbook and run the same offense for many years. Defense seems to be the same 4-4 look. With lack of D-line strength and size, why not a 5-3 every now and then.

Oh well, hope for the seniors they can finish strong and find what what they appear to have lost....!
Fan of ND sports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thewanderer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 am

Fan of ND sports wrote:I'm interested about Trinity. I thought they were supposed to be good since they returned most their team. But, they've dropped 2 straight in OT so how are they. Are carrington and VC just good?

Hmmm......tough to answer. IMO, Ben Gordon is not a QB, or at least a quick enough one. Never improved himself since last year. Should probably have been a lineman.

The O and D line just not strong enough this year. Not sure if they took a year off from the weight room or what.

Fridrich, Isiah and Clarence Binstock are their strongest. Jesse Kubik, who got hurt last week, I thought would have been more dominating this year, but wasn't.

Offense appears to have a very limited playbook and run the same offense for many years. Defense seems to be the same 4-4 look. With lack of D-line strength and size, why not a 5-3 every now and then.

Oh well, hope for the seniors they can finish strong and find what what they appear to have lost....![/quote]
can they still make the playoffs of they win out?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:33 am

thewanderer wrote:
Fan of ND sports wrote:I'm interested about Trinity. I thought they were supposed to be good since they returned most their team. But, they've dropped 2 straight in OT so how are they. Are carrington and VC just good?

Oh well, hope for the seniors they can finish strong and find what what they appear to have lost....!

can they still make the playoffs of they win out?[/quote]

There is still mathamatically a chance for them to make the playoffs...but they need some help. IMO St. Mary's has the more favorable schedule plus they also beat Trinity. It'll be an interesting 2 1/2 weeks in AA football.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to AA