Shanley @ Grafton

The teams in Class AA.

Shanley @ Grafton

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 am

Just thought I'd get peoples thoughts on this game?? I know its early and a couple other teams might have something to say, but I think winner of this game is region champion and gets home field through out the playoffs. So big game and best of luck to both teams this week.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Mayville

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

ndfan,
It should be a close game. As a Grafton supporter i am looking at it with a tainted perspective. The Shanley games the last two years were suprisingly two of the best offensive games Grafton has played. in both games we put up 24 and 30 points. I belileve we had over 400+ yards on offense both games, most coming from the air. This years Senior class has 9-10 kids that started those games. Graftons O line is bigger and deeper, Hanson and his crew of talented recievers are all back as hungry seniors, And we have a tough run/block back in Zach Burns. I would give Grafton the edge on offense. It was Graftons defense that struggled vs. Montpaier, Rodenbiker, and a huge, protective O line that gave them time to work. One of the biggest improvements in Grafton this year is the defense. Size, Depth and expereince are vastly improved from last year. The starting defense has not yet given up a score in two games. It is too bad that this game is played so early as i believe we still have a few kinks to work out. I still have Grafton by 7 in a close game. JMHO Go Spolers!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Other than Rugby being down, I'm not sure who else doesn't have a chance of winning the east. Certainly Grafton and Shanley have a shot, but they could just as easily not even make the playoffs. My feeling on the east so far is that you better show up every Friday all year or you will be watching the playoffs from the stands. The east has great parity and some very good football teams.

I think the key to this game will be ball control and penalties. Third game of the year for Grafton and lots of experienced players on the field. There should be no excuses for penalties and turnovers. Again, my biggest concern is Grafton's offensive line. With a one man or no man backfield, the o line has to pick up the blitzes and switches without holding. Has Grafton's line play improved enough? Time will tell. If it hasn't, Grafton will need to run a lot more quick out plays, and Hanson will need to show some dicipline in not throwing the turnover ball.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:26 am

old#63 wrote:Other than Rugby being down, I'm not sure who else doesn't have a chance of winning the east. Certainly Grafton and Shanley have a shot, but they could just as easily not even make the playoffs. My feeling on the east so far is that you better show up every Friday all year or you will be watching the playoffs from the stands. The east has great parity and some very good football teams.

I think the key to this game will be ball control and penalties. Third game of the year for Grafton and lots of experienced players on the field. There should be no excuses for penalties and turnovers. Again, my biggest concern is Grafton's offensive line. With a one man or no man backfield, the o line has to pick up the blitzes and switches without holding. Has Grafton's line play improved enough? Time will tell. If it hasn't, Grafton will need to run a lot more quick out plays, and Hanson will need to show some dicipline in not throwing the turnover ball.

completely agree.
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby MNTwinsFan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 am

Didn't Valley City go on the road and beat the #2 ranked team in the state. I wasn't at the game but it sounded like they played pretty well...do they have a shot to contend?
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 am

MNTwinsFan wrote:Didn't Valley City go on the road and beat the #2 ranked team in the state. I wasn't at the game but it sounded like they played pretty well...do they have a shot to contend?

VC beat Dickinson Trinity last week. And Lisbon beat St. Marys as well. Both Trinity and St. Mary's were ranked, so I think it proves a couple things. 1. Preseason and early season rankings don't mean very much. And 2. The east is looking pretty tough so far.

I think Shanley, Lisbon, Grafton, VC, and Wahp all have a shot at winning the title. And I think everybody else in the east has a shot at the playoffs (except maybe Rugby). GBC needs a win this week or they probably will join Rugby on that list. Lot's of very good teams in the east. Grafton/Shanley and VC/Wahp on Friday will tell a lot about who will earn the inside track.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

old#63 wrote:
MNTwinsFan wrote:Didn't Valley City go on the road and beat the #2 ranked team in the state. I wasn't at the game but it sounded like they played pretty well...do they have a shot to contend?

VC beat Dickinson Trinity last week. And Lisbon beat St. Marys as well. Both Trinity and St. Mary's were ranked, so I think it proves a couple things. 1. Preseason and early season rankings don't mean very much. And 2. The east is looking pretty tough so far.

I think Shanley, Lisbon, Grafton, VC, and Wahp all have a shot at winning the title. And I think everybody else in the east has a shot at the playoffs (except maybe Rugby). GBC needs a win this week or they probably will join Rugby on that list. Lot's of very good teams in the east. Grafton/Shanley and VC/Wahp on Friday will tell a lot about who will earn the inside track.


Rugby is in the west:

AA East:
Shanley
Grafton
Valley City
Wahpeton
Kindred
Lisbon
Central Cass
GBC

AA West:
Dickinson Trinity
Bismarck St. Mary's
Beulah
Rugby
TMCHS
Bishop Ryan
Bottineau
Carrington
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14128
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby irisheel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am

And I think everybody else in the east has a shot at the playoffs (except maybe Rugby)


Rugby isn't in the east, they're in the west.

East teams include:

Grafton
Kindred
Central Cass
Lisbon
Valley City
Griggs Co Central
Shanley
Wahpeton
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:37 am

Whoops, where did I get that wrong? With the changes this year, I thought Rugby went into the east. Sorry. Thanks for the correction.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:39 am

old#63 wrote:Whoops, where did I get that wrong? With the changes this year, I thought Rugby went into the east. Sorry. Thanks for the correction.


not a problem...just wanted to clear that up before any more confusion took place
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14128
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Whoops, where did I get that wrong? With the changes this year, I thought Rugby went into the east. Sorry. Thanks for the correction.


not a problem...just wanted to clear that up before any more confusion took place

I guess if I would have thought about it for a minute, I would have caught it myself. If Rugby was in the east that would be a brutal travel schedule :) .
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:36 am

Friday night lights BABY!! GO SPOILERS!!!! BAAAOOOOOOH
JMHO
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm

thewanderer wrote:Friday night lights BABY!! GO SPOILERS!!!! BAAAOOOOOOH
JMHO


Should be a good one......they've (Spoilers) got their Plate full with the Catholics and the old Tornado Coach.... :P :P :P :P :P :P
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4724
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 pm

winner-within wrote:
thewanderer wrote:Friday night lights BABY!! GO SPOILERS!!!! BAAAOOOOOOH
JMHO


Should be a good one......they've (Spoilers) got their Plate full with the Catholics and the old Tornado Coach.... :P :P :P :P :P :P

The lord works in mysterious ways? Go spoilers!
JMHO :lol:
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Grafton 6 Shanley 3 after 1st
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14128
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Grafton 20 Shanley 6 halftime?
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14128
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby ndfan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Grafton 20 Shanley 6 halftime?


Grafton 48
Shanley 14
final

If Grafton stays healthy this team will be tough to beat, excellent win for the spoilers tonight.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Mayville

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby old#63 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 pm

old#63 wrote:Again, my biggest concern is Grafton's offensive line. With a one man or no man backfield, the o line has to pick up the blitzes and switches without holding. Has Grafton's line play improved enough? Time will tell.


Great game for Grafton's linemen. They have improved 100% from the beginning of the year. Hanson had all the time in the world, and Burns has a career night running the football. Congrats to a much improved group of offensive linemen. Keep it up.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby winner-within » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 am

Excellent win.....Congrats to The Spoilers Jake, Zac S. and the boys.....show a little GRACE for the St. Tommie Kid :D
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4724
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby thewanderer » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:34 pm

old#63 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Again, my biggest concern is Grafton's offensive line. With a one man or no man backfield, the o line has to pick up the blitzes and switches without holding. Has Grafton's line play improved enough? Time will tell.


Great game for Grafton's linemen. They have improved 100% from the beginning of the year. Hanson had all the time in the world, and Burns has a career night running the football. Congrats to a much improved group of offensive linemen. Keep it up.

who woulda guessed? Grafton ground and pounds Shanley in a suprising offensive showing! This is just what the doctor orderd! If Grafton can keep the run/pass mix going, we will become a multi threat offens. I agree that the O and D lines were much improved in last nights game. I am proud to say "we controled the line of schrimmage on both sides of the ball" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! go spoilers. JMAHO
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Shanley @ Grafton

Postby winner-within » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:39 pm

thewanderer wrote:
old#63 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Again, my biggest concern is Grafton's offensive line. With a one man or no man backfield, the o line has to pick up the blitzes and switches without holding. Has Grafton's line play improved enough? Time will tell.


Great game for Grafton's linemen. They have improved 100% from the beginning of the year. Hanson had all the time in the world, and Burns has a career night running the football. Congrats to a much improved group of offensive linemen. Keep it up.

who woulda guessed? Grafton ground and pounds Shanley in a suprising offensive showing! This is just what the doctor orderd! If Grafton can keep the run/pass mix going, we will become a multi threat offens. I agree that the O and D lines were much improved in last nights game. I am proud to say "we controled the line of schrimmage on both sides of the ball" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! go spoilers. JMAHO



Name of the Game....also run pass mix is Key....

Cavalier Hammered CV but when they got up big they kept ground pounding....threw one on a 2 point conversion....I thought with a lead like that, on a beautiful no wind night, that it would have been a great time to exercise the pass.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4724
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am


Return to AA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests