State 09'

Statewide Girls Hockey!

State 09'

Postby Eleven » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Well we are coming down to the end of the year and things are starting to pan out. I will state that this year has been pretty competetive and enjoyable to watch. I think it will end up like this going into state. When state starts it will be a toss up, should be fun!

1.North
2.Bismarck
3.South
4.Grand Forks
5.West Fargo
6.Williston
7.Minot
8.Dickinson
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Re: State 09'

Postby fiveholer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Way to many games left to decide who will be the bottom 2- 3 teams. The top could mix around also
fiveholer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Eleven » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:11 pm

The Top five are set in any order. Minot, Williston, Hazen, and Dickinson are 4 teams for 3 spots. I think the odd team out will be Hazen, they have the most difficult schedule left and the 11 girls on the team have to be starting to ware down. I think that Minot and Williston could upset some teams in Grand Forks, MHS goalie is pretty solid, though they do seem to like to take penalties, which may get them into trouble, Williston...well when you have one of the elite players on the ice for you anything can happen if there goalie can put in a solid performance they could surprise someone. North and Bismarck are pretty strong and deep, they will be difficult to beat. It will be fun girls and boys alike in Grand Forks at the end of Feb.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyidol12 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 pm

North is only ahead of Bismarck because of a 4 point game
Bismarck is a way more solid team and will come out on top when it truly counts
As far as the 3 going into state..it's a toss up between Dickinson and Hazen
Minot and Williston are in for sure
hockeyidol12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:28 am

http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDako ... fault.aspx

Stats speak for themselves, but I'd assume it'd be North/Bismarck battling it for first.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Eleven » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Bismarck is a scary team offensivly. They can really put the puck in the net. The stats do show the differences between the two teams. Once State comes around it is a whole nother animal! A hot goaltender and a bounce of the puck here and there look out! Pretty good example is in Boys Grand Forks Red River and Williston a few years back, GFRR outshot Williston by 30 and came up with just enough. In that aspect I think teams like West Fargo or Williston could be scary to play, they each have decent tenders and standout skaters on there teams. I wish all the team good luck in GF.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls hockey