Bismarck and Grand Forks needs 2 teams

Statewide Girls Hockey!

Re: Bismarck and Grand Forks needs 2 teams

Postby hockeynut » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:00 pm

MoSiouxFan wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:I see the Bismarck All Stars won another state championship this past weekend. How many HS girls are being denied a chance to play hockey in Bismarck because the powers that be refuse to add another team?

Not to mention the competitive imbalance, when the second largest city in the state only fields one team and wins the state tournament year after year. Split it into at least two teams and give the rest of the state a fighting chance to compete for state championships.

It’s not happening next season. Remaining with 1 team. They have 26 on the varsity. Watching the state tourney roughly 13 saw the ice. It’s ridiculous
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Looks like there will be 2 Bismarck teams next season. I’ll see it to believe but hopefully it happens. Grow the game
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:15 pm

hockeynut wrote:Looks like there will be 2 Bismarck teams next season. I’ll see it to believe but hopefully it happens. Grow the game

I am with you on the "I'll believe it when I see it" bus.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Oldhockeyfan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm

THERE ARE NO LEGITIMATE ARGUMENTS FOR BISMARCK AND FARGO TO NOT SPLIT AND CREATE AT LEAST 3 MORE TEAMS. THERE COULD BE 5 MORE TEAMS IF ALL THE SCHOOLS THAT CO-OP HAD THEIR OWN TEAMS. THAT WOULD MAKE 16 TEAMS, NONE OF WHICH ARE STACKED TROPHY TEAMS. THERE COULD BE A TRUE EAST WEST BEST 4 OUT OF THEM GO TO STATE, AND 100 MORE GIRLS GET TO PLAY HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY. WIN WIN. LET THE LAME EXCUSES FLY!
Oldhockeyfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockeynut » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
hockeynut wrote:Looks like there will be 2 Bismarck teams next season. I’ll see it to believe but hopefully it happens. Grow the game

I am with you on the "I'll believe it when I see it" bus.

Looks like once again Bismarck will only have one team next year. Exact reason why I didn’t hold my breath :evil:
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Oldhockeyfan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:26 pm

RIDICULOUS!!
Being proud of our children for their accomplishments is something all parents hold dear. It's the payback for raising them right.
It's another thing to create excusses so as to make it look like you need to combine schools to field a team and then be just as proud.
I am in no way trying to take anything away from any of the girls on these combined teams. They work just as hard I'm sure as any other girl on a one school team. All those championship trophies would sure mean alot more if they were earned by A school as opposed to 3 to 4 combined.
At some point why wont these coaches, athletic directors, superintendents, the NDSHSAA, parents, and even some players from these unnecessary combined schools say enough is enough. I know why, so does everyone else around the state.
Win loose or tie, it sure feels good to not be a part of them.
Oldhockeyfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockeynut » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:52 am

The 5 High School team wins the girls state for the 6th time in a row. Yawn
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:43 am

Bismarck to have 2 high school teams starting this season. Going to be some growing pains for sure but I really believe this will get more girls to play the sport knowing they now have a way better chance of playing in high school. Bismarck still needs another rink or 2. Town just doesn’t seem to care for the sport line others
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:38 pm

hockeynut wrote:The 5 High School team wins the girls state for the 6th time in a row. Yawn

Who are the schools besides North and South? Shanley? Oak Grove?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:13 pm

MoSiouxFan wrote:
hockeynut wrote:The 5 High School team wins the girls state for the 6th time in a row. Yawn

Hockeynut was alluding to BHS, Century, Legacy, St. Mary’s & Shiloh for Bismarck

North-South had Shanley last year…OG players play with the public school team’s district which they live in

Shanley is now with Davies this year (so much more logical)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
MoSiouxFan wrote:

Hockeynut was alluding to BHS, Century, Legacy, St. Mary’s & Shiloh for Bismarck

North-South had Shanley last year…OG players play with the public school team’s district which they live in

Shanley is now with Davies this year (so much more logical)

My mistake. Thanks! Should have done some minimal research. :(
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls hockey