All-School Teams

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Re: All-School Teams

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:45 pm

I'll do this again but just from the North Border Eagles co-op.

Starters

Tanner Carpenter
Dennis Delude
Zak Winkler
Nathan Carrier
Aaron Bonaime

Bench
Warren Eagan
Jason Tryan
Matt Defoe
Brett Stanhope
Travis Stegman
Dustyn Chale
Paul Meyer
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:21 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Four Winds

Point Guard: Tony IronHeart (Mr Basketball candidate, all-state)

Shooting Guard: Kenroy Rainbow (used to break ankles)

Small Forward: Dale Alberts: (shoot from anywhere, highest scorer)

Power Forward: Sean Gourd: (tough on the inside, very strong post player)

Center: Fred Longie Jr: Down right dominates. All Stater, dominated the board and scored at will

honorable mentions: Kalen Littlewind, Chico Diaz, Ray Cavanaugh, Mike Meade, CJ Ironheart, & Delvin Greywater

Sean Gourd was an absolute stud and still is to this day. Dominates every amatuer tournament he plays in. He has probably the best ball control I have ever seen. The way he passes and dribbles are some of the best I have ever seen for a 6'3'' player. He easily could play all the positions.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:15 pm

straightballer wrote:Scranton Has had some good players

Dirk Mack

Quinn Diede--Stud ab SD Tech

Kevin Olson--No. 4 all time scorer at UMary

Craig Olson

Reed Ruggles--Football at UMary

Bench

Dustin Honeyman

Chase Kelner

Kevin Brown

Well I'm going to say Andy Fischer should be on there he was superb for them when they went to state. Jeran Honeyman and maybe Adam Palczewski as well.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby ruggedrusty » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:31 pm

by Tu-Big on Tue May 08, 2007 7:34 pm

For Williston High id go with James Hennesey, Scott DeLorme, the Schmidt boys and then Qvale.

Phil Jackson wasn't a bad player.
ruggedrusty

Postby NC_408 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:20 pm

BCN
pg-Tyler Schlecht
sg-Adam Wieland
sf-Dane Bolingberg
pf-Beau Sizer/Chris Carpenter
C- Ross/Grant Bolingberg
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby mjwanab » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:45 pm

How about Newburg

Chris Lemouriex
Paul Demke
Brad Kersten
Jeremy Brandt
Kevin Bierman
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND9296 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:36 am

Grand Forks Central

C-Glenn Hansen (huge scorer who went on to play at LSU and in the NBA in the mid-1970's)
F-Stacy Conn (extremely talented player in late 1970's)
F-Josh Hansen (Glenn's son; Mr. BB finalist)
G-Steve Conn (Stacy's brother; very versatile)
G-Greg Mask (best all-around player on GFC's state title winning 1996 team)

honorable mention:

Vince Robinson
Joe Ford
Drew Hysjulien
Brooks Bollinger
Tyler Boaz
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND9296 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:33 am

Grand Forks Red River

C-Reed Monson
F-Dave Levos
F-Craig Larson
G-Craig Skarperud
G-Shawn Schreiner
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:58 pm

dunseithdragon06 wrote:Dunseith
Danny Gunville PG
Danny Peltier SG
Adam Hunt SF
Eric Morin SF
Wayne Poitra C

Second Team
Riley Decoteau C
Mark Wilson PF
Terry Poitra SG
Donald Egburt PG
Johnnie Pelter

Honorables
Josh Decoteau, Clifford Gillis, Kelle Davis, Chris Peltier, Chris Lafromboise, John Gunville,

you mention danny gunville among royalty for dunseith. Truth is this kid would be nothing without his surroundings. He was a good shooter, give him that much, but johnnie peltier was a better ball player by far.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby tdog09 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:53 pm

You gotta put Jamie Mueller for DT. He even got his number retired a couple years ago after he died. Was and animal for them in mid 70's
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:35 pm

ndbsktbllfan wrote:
dunseithdragon06 wrote:Dunseith
Danny Gunville PG
Danny Peltier SG
Adam Hunt SF
Eric Morin SF
Wayne Poitra C

Second Team
Riley Decoteau C
Mark Wilson PF
Terry Poitra SG
Donald Egburt PG
Johnnie Pelter

Honorables
Josh Decoteau, Clifford Gillis, Kelle Davis, Chris Peltier, Chris Lafromboise, John Gunville,

you mention danny gunville among royalty for dunseith. Truth is this kid would be nothing without his surroundings. He was a good shooter, give him that much, but johnnie peltier was a better ball player by far.

beside that why did you leave off monte davis or corey lavallie. You only list young players from the past 8 yrs.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:40 pm

How about the Belcourt Braves
starting five:
Jamie keplin
tyson parisien
cory keplin
david gourneau
shaun knife (or chance wilkie)

2nd string
dave decouteau jr
gt monette
eugene monette
kieth blackwell
kurt keplin
jerry gourneau

these are just the ones off the top of my head, I am positive that I left some off, please fill them in for me.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby larrybird33 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:33 am

Kiel Lafountain was a stud from Belcourt in my day. I hope I spelled his name correctly.
larrybird33
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:13 am

Steele I would have to go with:

Mark Bakkum
Ross Arget
Clint Falgatter
Jeff Wamsley
Adam Randall even if he hasnt graduated haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:16 am

larrybird33 wrote:Kiel Lafountain was a stud from Belcourt in my day. I hope I spelled his name correctly.

played against him up in williston last year, he played for MSU-B....hes what? probably 24? 25? still had some game, wouldve liked to see him play in high school. he was about 6'4" 220 last year handling the ball
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:47 am

baseball wrote:
larrybird33 wrote:Kiel Lafountain was a stud from Belcourt in my day. I hope I spelled his name correctly.

played against him up in williston last year, he played for MSU-B....hes what? probably 24? 25? still had some game, wouldve liked to see him play in high school. he was about 6'4" 220 last year handling the ball

I cant believe I left him off. god what a hoser :oops: But yeah he was pretty tough. Actually, he had the chance to play for some d-1 schools but didnt. I think the final two were wisconsin, and florida, maybe some school in the south anyway. He messed that all up though, he liked to party too much. Very sad, kind of makes me mad too, he had the chance to do something, and peed it away.
ndbsktbllfan

Postby ndbsktbllfan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:49 am

baseball wrote:Steele I would have to go with:

Mark Bakkum
Ross Arget
Clint Falgatter
Jeff Wamsley
Adam Randall even if he hasnt graduated haha

I think I remember a couple of these guys. state tourney?
ndbsktbllfan

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm

um, actually i did mention a few players from the good old days, Donald Egburt - 1968, terry poitra 1972, wayne poitra 1987, the best player dunseith has seen, chris lafromboise 1990, danny peltier 1991, mark wilson 1990, and eric morin 1994, avg. 33 pts a game, also danny gunville avg, 32 pts a game his senior year without johnny and colleges coaches liked gunville more, johnny was a great player with a horrible attitude, thats why i have danny on the first team. and by the way i did use some older dunseith players
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 pm

dunseithdragon06 wrote:um, actually i did mention a few players from the good old days, Donald Egburt - 1968, terry poitra 1972, wayne poitra 1987, the best player dunseith has seen, chris lafromboise 1990, danny peltier 1991, mark wilson 1990, and eric morin 1994, avg. 33 pts a game, also danny gunville avg, 32 pts a game his senior year without johnny and colleges coaches liked gunville more, johnny was a great player with a horrible attitude, thats why i have danny on the first team. and by the way i did use some older dunseith players

I think those PPG are a big stretched.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:03 pm

yeah, danny gunville may be stretched a lil, but i know for a fact that he scored in the 30's quiet often as a senior in 2002, so it would be close, and eric morin's 33 ppg is wat i always heard, he was a mean shooter, and pretty much lead dunseith to state that year, and i know, becuz my brother was on that team, eric didn't show up in the state tournament like he did throughout the year, otherwise dunseith might have had a chance at the championship with the way david st claire was playing but they ended with 3rd place.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 pm

If you average 33 pts a game and play a full season through the state tournament (28 games), that equals out to 924 pts in one season! If you're good enough to average that your senior year, you'd probably have at least 1500 career pts up through your junior season giving you about 2500 for your career. There's no one from Dunseith that has near that many points for their career.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:49 pm

eric morin played only one full year of varsity, he was to heavy his junior year and sophomore year. but also going into the state tournament in 1994 he was big talked because of his average they stated his per game average right on television.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndprepsfan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:24 am

ndbsktbllfan wrote:How about the Belcourt Braves
starting five:
Jamie keplin
tyson parisien
cory keplin
david gourneau
shaun knife (or chance wilkie)

2nd string
dave decouteau jr
gt monette
eugene monette
kieth blackwell
kurt keplin
jerry gourneau

these are just the ones off the top of my head, I am positive that I left some off, please fill them in for me.

Ehh, got my own first team, for Belcourt. All you guys are just thinking of people within' the past 10-12 years. I'm going, strickly, best out of Belcourt.

First Team:
Kiel LaFountaine
Kurt Keplin
Dean Keplin
Pete Davis
Tyson Parisien
ndprepsfan

Postby BisBaller » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:49 pm

I've been watching Shiloh since about 95 (I don't think they had many good teams before then, so this is what I would put down as the All-Shiloh team since 95)

PG-Eric Backman 01 (great passer, really quick, may have played at Bottineau)
SG-Andy Bachmeier 04 (great shooter, played at BSC & Jamestown)
SF-Jarvis Bearstail 06 (great scorer; played at UTTC)
BF- Tom Bachmeier 06 (played at Jamestown)
C- Matt Fleischer 98 (good athlete; may have played someplace in Okl)
-------------------------
PG-Kuran Opp 06 (played a little at Jamestown)
SG-Marc Fleischer 96 (great shooter)
SF-David Brackett 05
BF-Tanner Friesen 07 (plays at SD Tech)
C-Jeremy Dikoff 96

-may have to rethink these teams; I left a lot of great players off the list (Jim Petrik, Jake Larson, John Fleischer, Tommy Dwyer, and Singer)
BisBaller

Re:

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 am

tommykramer wrote:"He didn't say that Ethan should be starting for Morehart, he just said he should be on the team which he should be.  He is the schools leading three point shooter and one of the top scorers in school history as well.  What do you have against Ethan Evenson?"

It's nothing "against" Ethan Evenson but in the long and storied tradition of Hillsboro basketball he's not among the top 15.  That doesn't mean that he's not a good player just not as good as the others Hillsboro has produced.  One thing that needs to be remembered - Hillsboro had great teams with great players.  Some "role' players for those Hillsboro teams would have been great scorers for other schools, but Hillsboro was more about winning.  Another thing that bothers me about your comments "he is the schools leading three point shooter and one of the top scorers in school history as well".  I have seen plenty of good (not great) players who scored a bunch of points basically because there were no other options, or the teams they played on were so poor that an o.k. kid started playing varsity as a freshman, and through the course of his career they end up high on the scoring chart.  Ask anyone from Hillsboro or from anywhere around there that's over the age of 25 what kind of teams Hillsboro has had recently, compared to what they were, and you'll here that there is NO comparrison!!! 

Hillsboro still had good teams when Ethan played though. They were ranked 1-3 in the state his junior year the whole year and were upset in the region semifinal game. I know whenever we played Hillsboro we always had to devise a gameplan about "how to stop evenson". His senior year we desiginated one of our players to play his role by running him off screens. To compensate for how good he was at shooting during those practices Cooter said "If the ball hits the rim, we're going to count it as a make in the game". We ran our entire defense around what he was doing and held him to 11 points. The only problem was that our attention being focused so much on him opened up things for Shane Vettel who dropped 27 on us in the game. I know I'm young and don't know the history of Hillsboro like you probably do but there is no way he isn't on this team. It's not his fault that they played in a more open style of play. He produced so he has a spot on this team. He shouldn't be let off because some other guys "could've" done that.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics