All ND team

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby point/center » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:04 pm

baseball wrote:
point/center wrote:
Tiger Pride wrote:I am going to bring up a name that revolutionized his position. Darren Lehr, the first and best point/center to ever play the game. 

he wasn't a true point/center...played more of the 1-5....hybrid...center/point is probably more accurate.

honestly whats the differnece?  someone needs to play point he does....someone needs to play center he does.  does it matter if they are called a center/point or a point/center???
i think it does matter. what's the primary position? point or center. like using Hatton-Northwood or Mott-Regent. there's a reason hatton and mott are listed first
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:48 pm

Craig Nelson from May-Port was a pretty decent player in high school, he did alright.  4-year varsity starter, 3rd in mr. basketball voting i believe (possibly 2nd) 3rd year starting at northern state university and oh by the way, won two state titles, state tournament mvp, class b senior athlete of the year, to name a few
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 am

Mitch Carlson of the Lankin Lions was a great player.  On Easter Sunday I was looking through an old Lankin yearbook from 1981 which was his Junior year.  There was a newspaper clipping that was a part of that yearbook and the numbers he put up were amazing.  His average for the season at the time of the article which was over halfway through the season was 33.4 points per game and 23.3 rebounds per game.  In a game against Edinburg who was the number one team in the district he put up 48 points and grabbed 31 rebounds in a loss.  I had always heard stories from my mom about how great her cousin Mitch was at basketball but I had no clue it was that good.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:38 am

I'll take for my ALL Time ND team - the entire Alsen Broncos team that went on the 79 game winning streak - and add Steve Blehm, Todd Olson, Jeff Boschee, Travis Kraft,Nick Jacobsen, Hunter Berg, Jerry Pyle, John Rygg, and Butch Lince.
This team would Never lose a game at any class in any year in ND.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:43 am

BB11 wrote:I'll take for my ALL Time ND team - the entire Alsen Broncos team that went on the 79 game winning streak - and add Steve Blehm, Todd Olson, Jeff Boschee, Travis Kraft,Nick Jacobsen, Hunter Berg, Jerry Pyle, John Rygg, and Butch Lince.

Are you crazy??? The 2007 consolation champion Four Winds Indians would easily beat them. Put Tony Ironhart on that All-Time ND team and they would be competing against D-1 colleges...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:02 am

baller01 wrote:
BB11 wrote:I'll take for my ALL Time ND team - the entire Alsen Broncos team that went on the 79 game winning streak - and add Steve Blehm, Todd Olson, Jeff Boschee, Travis Kraft,Nick Jacobsen, Hunter Berg, Jerry Pyle, John Rygg, and Butch Lince.

Are you crazy??? The 2007 consolation champion Four Winds Indians would easily beat them. Put Tony Ironhart on that All-Time ND team and they would be competing against D-1 colleges...
did you really have to go there......do you know how many fights this will start.......ohhhhh boy......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:14 am

The Schwab wrote:
baller01 wrote:

did you really have to go there......do you know how many fights this will start.......ohhhhh boy......

Haha I had to. Sorry.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ahhhh » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 pm

those are some good players
ahhhh

Re: All ND team

Postby Stearns1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Boschee is obviously the best player to come out of ND
Stearns1
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:57 am

point/center wrote:
baseball wrote:
point/center wrote:
Tiger Pride wrote:I am going to bring up a name that revolutionized his position. Darren Lehr, the first and best point/center to ever play the game. 

he wasn't a true point/center...played more of the 1-5....hybrid...center/point is probably more accurate.

honestly whats the differnece?  someone needs to play point he does....someone needs to play center he does.  does it matter if they are called a center/point or a point/center???
i think it does matter. what's the primary position? point or center. like using Hatton-Northwood or Mott-Regent. there's a reason hatton and mott are listed first

What do you think the reason is that Hatton and Mott are listed first??
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Re:

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:35 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
point/center wrote:
baseball wrote:
point/center wrote:

What do you think the reason is that Hatton and Mott are listed first??

Well i know in the case of Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page the reason FS is first is because the result of a coin flip
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Re: All ND team

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:41 pm

That's my point....there is no specific reason why towns are listed first in a coop. It's just what is decided between the two or more school boards. FSHP was decided by a coin flip. I'm guessing Mott is listed first because that's where the school is. Don't know why Hatton in first....maybe alphbetical order. Sometimes the larger town is first. Sometimes the host school (main school) is second so their nickname still follows the town name. It's different in every case.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics