toughest places to play

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Re: toughest places to play

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:13 pm

baseball wrote:the wall behind the hoop or no wall should not effect a shooter. you look at the hoops not at the wall, if you use the wall not being there to say why you didnt shoot well thats just a bad excuse for a bad shooter. i understand thats not your reason for disliking it since you would rather play on a floor like that. i feel the same way you do aobut it tho that i would rather play on a floor without mounted hoops.

I disagree....when I was in high school all of are games in the regular season and tournaments were played in gyms that had a wall behind them. Well, my junior year we made it to state in the FargoDome and at our Wed shootaround (this was before the NDHSAA cut those out which was totally stupid) everybody on our team shot airballs for the first 5-10 min just because the basket looks different with so much space behind it. Eventually, you just got used to trusting your shot and not letting your eyes play tricks on you and it got better. Didn't have a problem with it when we made it to state in Minot the following year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:21 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
baseball wrote:the wall behind the hoop or no wall should not effect a shooter. you look at the hoops not at the wall, if you use the wall not being there to say why you didnt shoot well thats just a bad excuse for a bad shooter. i understand thats not your reason for disliking it since you would rather play on a floor like that. i feel the same way you do aobut it tho that i would rather play on a floor without mounted hoops.

I disagree....when I was in high school all of are games in the regular season and tournaments were played in gyms that had a wall behind them. Well, my junior year we made it to state in the FargoDome and at our Wed shootaround (this was before the NDHSAA cut those out which was totally stupid) everybody on our team shot airballs for the first 5-10 min just because the basket looks different with so much space behind it. Eventually, you just got used to trusting your shot and not letting your eyes play tricks on you and it got better. Didn't have a problem with it when we made it to state in Minot the following year.

yea the space behind the baskets is definitely something to get used to. during warm-ups last year @ trinity's gym most of the kids were air-balling their shots at the beginning, but as time progressed you could see that they were gettin more comfortable with the baskets and their shtos were starting to drop.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stormtrooper » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Century high by far. crowd is amazing.
Stormtrooper

Postby old lineman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Hillsboro in the 80's tile floor. Eddie's boys did not make many mistakes.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:02 pm

play_d_shoot3 wrote:I would say Trinity

agreed its always packed, loud, and hot
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics