toughest places to play

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby kvrnm » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:04 pm

i just wanted to here peoples opinions about toughest places to play. i would have to say hetttinger and tioga, there fans r just nuts.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:39 pm

Any place who has a team that is better then ours.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:39 pm

I would say Trinity
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:22 pm

i know its like this everywhere whenever rivals are playing but when Steele and Linton play the fans are always crazy. doesnt matter where its at or if tis boys or girls.  essepcially the past few years the games have been really close.
Last edited by baseball on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Linton gets my vote. Lintons crowd is always dressed up. It is fun to watch Linton-LaMoure boy basketball games.
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:43 pm

I'd say Four Winds. ESPECIALLY when they have a solid team. I swear the entire town is at the games, heck its probably the entire Reservation, thats how packed it gets.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:27 am

Trinity has some pretty wild fans I have been to a few were the kids dressed up in costumes and during timeouts they would do some crazy cheers and the entire gym laughing and cheering.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:37 am

Kulm isn't an easy place to play by any means.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:39 am

classb_fan00 wrote:Kulm isn't an easy place to play by any means.

Kulm is a very tough place to play because if your offense is based on spacing, definately not the place you want to play.  Is Kulm also the only gym with a double halfline in the state?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbb » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:27 pm

Playing in Kulm is heck.  The Court is soo small it has two half lines.  I haven't played their packed but i can imagine it would be a good time.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:29 pm

ndbb wrote:Playing in Kulm is heck.  The Court is soo small it has two half lines.  I haven't played their packed but i can imagine it would be a good time.

i think that is why it earned the name the gopher hole
rep

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:59 pm

Was anyone at the region championship game this year between Bottineau and Bishop Ryan. The MSU Dome in Minot was packed and the stupid section for the home team Bishop Ryan was packed and they were crazy loud. It was a nice sight to see, very exciting basketball.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:22 am

When Linton Steele play all the time it gets just crazy... huge rivals... and they played 3 times last season... girls games were just as crazy which they also played 3 times...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseballkid » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 am

Anybody ever played in Wing's gym? It's ridiculous, not the fans but the gym itself. I would say it's about half the size of a regular gym and it's lighting is crap. But for the best crowd I can think of is New Salem. Always on their feet.
baseballkid

Postby bballer2 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:30 am

baseballkid wrote:Anybody ever played in Wing's gym? It's ridiculous, not the fans but the gym itself. I would say it's about half the size of a regular gym and it's lighting is crap. But for the best crowd I can think of is New Salem. Always on their feet.

"the foam dome" is the name it has a type of insulation on teh top of the gym... it has no seating ... rims are very hard... yup tuff place to play but not quite as bad as kulm...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNC1 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:34 pm

I would have to say Bowman. They got the suit crew. They r insane they always get into the best players head.
Last edited by UNC1 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:45 am

whenever bowman-trinity play, whatever gym it is, it's gonna be packed. Both student sections standing the whole game. It's insane. When they played for the regional championship, Fans had to show up 2 hours before the games started to get in. That game had the feeling of a state championship game. They have evovled into great rivals over the years. somewhat of a Duke-Carolina rivalry of north dakota.
Last edited by project-pat on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:58 pm

To play Trinity at Trinity is the toughest game/place to play. When a team plays 90% of their games on one court and you have to play them there, it is next to impossible to beat that team.
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:58 am

Which is why i say: Districts and Regional tourneys should be played on "Neutral" territory.
project-pat

Postby scruffy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:28 pm

Its impossible to play them on neutral courts unless they would all be in Bismarck or Fargo.  Seating capacity IS an issue.  The last time I checked  baskets are ten feet high in every gym.  Some say the open court behind the baskets are hard to get used to, but guess what ...its that way where the state tournaments are held .  If my team is the better one, I'm confident we will win on any floor..MENTAL TOUGHNESS!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:27 pm

scruffy wrote:Its impossible to play them on neutral courts unless they would all be in Bismarck or Fargo.  Seating capacity IS an issue.  The last time I checked  baskets are ten feet high in every gym.  Some say the open court behind the baskets are hard to get used to, but guess what ...its that way where the state tournaments are held .  If my team is the better one, I'm confident we will win on any floor..MENTAL TOUGHNESS!

woahhh... looks like we found someone from trinity
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:53 pm

yeah no kiddin. the way you reacted to that statement and the whole "dickinson, USA" location basically give it a way.

GO TITANS HUH:screwy:pshhhhhhhh. yeah right.

GO RHAME PIRATES
project-pat

Postby scruffy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:14 pm

On my very first post I said my kids attend Dickinson Trinity.  As a matter of fact it was all of the Trinity bashing that finally got me to register so that there was someone on this forum who could straighten out some of the rumors about our school that were floating around.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:52 pm

I just want to say that i have been to alot of basketball games and it doesn't matter where the game is the better team wins. The last two years at the roughrider tourny at trinity i believe bowman beat trinity both times or at least once. Also I think trinity was held the district 8 tourny the past  two years ago so i think teams have had plenty of experience playing on a big court which they will have to play on at state.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:01 pm

Yes, the 2nd game you play in that gym during districts cancels everything out...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics