Paul Schlafman

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby Spiritof76 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:41 am

Has anyone heard about this can u ball tourney....I can't tell if this website is some kinda of "bet gone bad" or if this cat Schlaffy thinks he can really pull this off....apparently this guy was decent in high school and can't let go yet...anyway I have cooresponded with him a couple of times seems like a nice guy but apparently can't get this thing off the ground.....did they have marketing class at TLHS in 1990?

Check It

http://www.canuball.com/

Spiritof76
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:45 pm

It's not a bad idea, but the marketing side of it would make it almost impossible to pull off.  It's too much money to play in in when there are other cheap alternatives to play some hoops.  Sounds like he had an idea, got off on a tangent with it but hit a wall with the financial side.  The teams would need to have corporate sponsers to pull this off and since it's in North Dakota with a less chance for exposure it's not likely to draw much attention. 

No harm in  creating the site, and going over your ideas.  Who knows maybe something will come of it someday.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Is this guy really for real? He was expecting 300 teams at $2000/team? Who is this guy, is he really as good as he talks or what?  He is totally ridiculous in his comments on his blog. Check it out.....

http://ballasblog.canuball.com/?p=11#comments

Readers beware.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ticket0115 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:18 am

This guy cold tear up anyone of u guys writing hes still that good.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:44 am

Hi all:  Here is my first post to the site.

I know Paul pretty well.  We grew up playing bb together, but mostly against each other since we lived in different towns.  If you get to know him, he is a good guy.  Likes to talk trash especially on his site.  Mostly it is just in fun. 

I know he has dropped the team fee to $200 now.  I understand what he is trying to do (replicate the same hysteria that comes with the class B boys basketball tournament), but something like that is a huge undertaking and without some funds and some huge sponsors it just isn't going to happen.

The guy likes to play basketball and wants to do a good thing for the state. 

DD
Diamond D

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics