The best bball fans in the the state

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby Saas25 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:36 pm

Who do you think has the best fans in the state for Class A?
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby On The Hardwood » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:48 pm

In the east it's Devils Lake. No doubt. When you look at the number of fans at the EDC tournament. Devils Lake had by far the most. Their kids behave well also. Parents are very supportive.

I feel bad for them the way they went out.
On The Hardwood
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Demons » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 am

THE KARLGAARD KRAZIES TOP ALL BY FAR !!!
When you have about 50 people painted up and the rest of the student section dressed up all crazy for EVERY GAME not just against a rival team or tournament time, but all the time ! And also louder and more fans than the home team when playing at near by away game! Bismarck High's Karlgaard Krazies...Best Fans In The State!
Last edited by Demons on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demons
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:08 pm

The worst fans this past weekend has to be Fargo Souths students,  they didnt show up!!  if it wasnt for the girls team at the boys game and boys players at the girls games the cheerleaders would have been all by themselves.... part of the problem might have been the ticket prices at the Alerus center, but SHAME ON YOU Fargo South students.... you win the WORST STUDENT BODY AWARD!!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NYYANKS » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:09 pm

I agree with that. West Fargo looked a really empty also.
NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:30 pm

DL had to of had the best fans and one of the worst would have to be central
ndsubball

Postby DrPepper1 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:26 am

Its surprising that South had such poor support.  At the championship hockey game, South had a bigger student section than Red River and were louder than I've ever heard a student section.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Savi22 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:22 am

a lot of kids i think didnt come because of such high prices... also because some just thought they would come to just state and not waste money on edc...
Savi22

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:27 pm

I would have to agree that BHS probably has the best fans.  Their student section is intense.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Savi22 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:20 am

when your in highschool and you have to support yourself....... 14 dollars is a lot of money to spend on going to the game... and then you add Gas... and all that other crap in it and its way more than 14 dollars... a lot of kids want to go but that doesnt mean they can... get in the real world buddy...

some people have to make a living off on their own... not everyone goes to there mom and dad and gets money...
Savi22

Postby ndsubball » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:43 am

Ok but why were there a lot of south guys there last year it was like 20 dollars for a pass and they still i know it was in fargo but still get real it aint that much money...dont buy food at the concessions then its not that hard to figure out give me a break guys

ndsubball

Postby DL-in-DL » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:55 pm

14 dollars is like what, 2 1/2 hours work at minimum wage. Come on, thats a pretty pathetic excuse for not going because 14 dollars is too much. If the cost is too much, get a job or save your money for like a week or two, then i think you'll be covered. DL is farther than Fargo and look how many people from DL were there.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saas25 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:55 pm

I'm going to have to agree with Savi on this one.  It does get a little expensive when you have pay $15 to get in but when you have to travel it gets even more expensive.  I still do it, but I'm just staying I can see where some kids wouldn't.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:11 pm

Personally i dont think a lot of High school students have to support themselves i m sure their parents would pay for and i would agree with DL in DL that if you go get a job and save some money you will be able to afford it
ndsubball

Postby Demons » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:21 pm

Trying to get back on track...does anybody else have an input on who has the best fans?
Demons
NDPreps Reserve

Postby opinionated » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:47 pm

[font=comic sans ms]I do not know about the best, but at the State A Minot was the worst they had like 8 people in their fan section, embarrassing. One of the largest Class A schools and they could muster no fans. I do not even think the people sitting their were their fans...[/font]
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carl08 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:45 am

Devils Lake always has a good crowd, then Shanley. Shanley had practially all 290 of its students there.  They had like 10 rows of students there at their girls' 9:30 AM game on Saturday!!!...They deserved that spirit award.

Someone said that south didn't come to EDC cause of the prices and just decided to go to state...they didn't have any fans at state so that doesn't make any sense. 
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:39 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2199]Carl08[/user] wrote:
Devils Lake always has a good crowd, then Shanley. Shanley had practially all 290 of its students there.  They had like 10 rows of students there at their girls' 9:30 AM game on Saturday!!!...They deserved that spirit award.

Someone said that south didn't come to EDC cause of the prices and just decided to go to state...they didn't have any fans at state so that doesn't make any sense. 
</span>

thankyou!
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby MinotFan22 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:46 am

DL-in-DL wrote:14 dollars is like what, 2 1/2 hours work at minimum wage. Come on, thats a pretty pathetic excuse for not going because 14 dollars is too much. If the cost is too much, get a job or save your money for like a week or two, then i think you'll be covered. DL is farther than Fargo and look how many people from DL were there.

Stupid statement has been edited - Moderator
MinotFan22

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics