All-Decade Team of the 00's

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby mitchstrand » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:26 pm

I did point out that he should of dominated him when he was a sophomore, im just used that as an example.  I'm not saying that he deserves to be on the team, i don't know east ball at all.  But I was just brining up the point that he hasn't even been mention, and there has been about 15-20 other kids mentioned.  I think a guy who was one of the 7 class B player of the year, should at least be mention.  I personally dont think he should be on it, because he wasn't the best F/C this decade.  But, i still think he should be mentioned with the other 15-20, especially since tivis wasn't Class B POY, nor Benter, i don't beleive Moe was..i might be wrong, Aarstad, Mayer from ryan, Stoldorf from Bowman?????, ... none of them were Class B POYsi mean i'm sure there is more, but i don't know them all.  And as for the Pivis arguement from earlier, don't try to say because Greff or Payton don't deserve to be on the team because they didn't make it to the state tourney is BS, Both teams were top four teams in the state every year they were challenging Trinity, and i believe that Trinity reached the championship both Tivis's and Greff's senior years.  So, it's tougher to get by trinity every year than say a Minot Ryan, Shiloh Christian, Oakes, LaMoure, May-port-C-G, who are all great B-ball schools, but haven't been to as many state championship games as Trinity combined during their like 7-year run as region champ. 
Last edited by mitchstrand on Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguy2 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:40 am

mitchstrand wrote:I did point out that he should of dominated him when he was a sophomore, im just used that as an example.  I'm not saying that he deserves to be on the team, i don't know east ball at all.  But I was just brining up the point that he hasn't even been mention, and there has been about 15-20 other kids mentioned.  I think a guy who was one of the 7 class B player of the year, should at least be mention.  I personally dont think he should be on it, because he wasn't the best F/C this decade.  But, i still think he should be mentioned with the other 15-20, especially since tivis wasn't Class B POY, nor Benter, i don't beleive Moe was..i might be wrong, Aarstad, Mayer from ryan, Stoldorf from Bowman?????, ... none of them were Class B POYsi mean i'm sure there is more, but i don't know them all.  And as for the Pivis arguement from earlier, don't try to say because Greff or Payton don't deserve to be on the team because they didn't make it to the state tourney is BS, Both teams were top four teams in the state every year they were challenging Trinity, and i believe that Trinity reached the championship both Tivis's and Greff's senior years.  So, it's tougher to get by trinity every year than say a Minot Ryan, Shiloh Christian, Oakes, LaMoure, May-port-C-G, who are all great B-ball schools, but haven't been to as many state championship games as Trinity combined during their like 7-year run as region champ. 
Oakes??? lol
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:11 am

[user=770]sportsguy2[/user] wrote:
mitchstrand wrote:I did point out that he should of dominated him when he was a sophomore, im just used that as an example.  I'm not saying that he deserves to be on the team, i don't know east ball at all.  But I was just brining up the point that he hasn't even been mention, and there has been about 15-20 other kids mentioned.  I think a guy who was one of the 7 class B player of the year, should at least be mention.  I personally dont think he should be on it, because he wasn't the best F/C this decade.  But, i still think he should be mentioned with the other 15-20, especially since tivis wasn't Class B POY, nor Benter, i don't beleive Moe was..i might be wrong, Aarstad, Mayer from ryan, Stoldorf from Bowman?????, ... none of them were Class B POYsi mean i'm sure there is more, but i don't know them all.  And as for the Pivis arguement from earlier, don't try to say because Greff or Payton don't deserve to be on the team because they didn't make it to the state tourney is BS, Both teams were top four teams in the state every year they were challenging Trinity, and i believe that Trinity reached the championship both Tivis's and Greff's senior years.  So, it's tougher to get by trinity every year than say a Minot Ryan, Shiloh Christian, Oakes, LaMoure, May-port-C-G, who are all great B-ball schools, but haven't been to as many state championship games as Trinity combined during their like 7-year run as region champ. 
Oakes??? lol

haha maybe he was trying to say oak grove
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tu-Big » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:09 pm

Great point, i agree 100% with the not getting to a state tournament, Charles Barkley never won an NBA title, does that mean he was a bad player?? NO. Reggie Miller never won a title, is he a bad player?? NO. Its just that there were teams out there that were better. As for Greff though i still dont think he deserves to be on this team, i dont think he's the best player to come through his school, nobody mentions John Meir, a 6'6'' point guard in Class B basketball is hard to come by and he had incredible range, he also got to a Regional Title game as a senior. Tivis however does deserve to be on this team, he's playin D-1 ball down in south dakota, and he was first team All-State as a Jr. im not saying he's gotta start, but id pick him to be top 10 or 12.
Tu-Big

Postby wahoo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Tu-Big wrote:
   Great point, i agree 100% with the not getting to a state tournament, Charles Barkley never won an NBA title, does that mean he was a bad player?? NO. Reggie Miller never won a title, is he a bad player?? NO. Its just that there were teams out there that were better. As for Greff though i still dont think he deserves to be on this team, i dont think he's the best player to come through his school, nobody mentions John Meir, a 6'6'' point guard in Class B basketball is hard to come by and he had incredible range, he also got to a Regional Title game as a senior. Tivis however does deserve to be on this team, he's playin D-1 ball down in south dakota, and he was first team All-State as a Jr. im not saying he's gotta start, but id pick him to be top 10 or 12.

Where does everyone get the idea that Tivis is playing D1?  Check the roster. He isn't even listed as a redshirt.  However just because he didn't make it in college ball doesn't mean he doesn't meet the criteria for the top ten team.  He still gets my vote.
wahoo

Postby mitchstrand » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:41 pm

I agree with you Tu-Big, i pointed out earlier that i dont think greff should be one the team, but with all the other people getting mention, i thought he was better than some of them and should be considered.  As for Meier, i know him very well, and he was a great basketball player, but it is hard to compare him to greff.  Meier was a guy who hardly averaged 10 ppg, but people didnt see that he averaged 8-9 apg and 8 rpg.  I believe he actually had 2 or 3 triple-doubles as a senior and missed a couple because of points.  He doesnt' get the respect he should get.  Now does Meier deserve to be on the all-decade...no.  I think there has been way to many Guards such as Tivis, Glasser, Voth from GU/H, Wheeling, and Jeff Smith who were probably just as good if not better, and thats only counting the players in his region, not to include the likes of bachmeiers and the east teams. 
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:59 pm

luke lorenz needs to be mentioned.
PA42

Postby ndfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:09 pm

[user=1749]mitchstrand[/user] wrote:
I agree with you Tu-Big, i pointed out earlier that i dont think greff should be one the team, but with all the other people getting mention, i thought he was better than some of them and should be considered.  As for Meier, i know him very well, and he was a great basketball player, but it is hard to compare him to greff.  Meier was a guy who hardly averaged 10 ppg, but people didnt see that he averaged 8-9 apg and 8 rpg.  I believe he actually had 2 or 3 triple-doubles as a senior and missed a couple because of points.  He doesnt' get the respect he should get.  Now does Meier deserve to be on the all-decade...no.  I think there has been way to many Guards such as Tivis, Glasser, Voth from GU/H, Wheeling, and Jeff Smith who were probably just as good if not better, and thats only counting the players in his region, not to include the likes of bachmeiers and the east teams. 

So who would u put in your top 5??
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:38 am

horne98 wrote:luke lorenz needs to be mentioned.

He already was mentioned but it's established that he's not in the top 5 but probably top 10.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mitchstrand » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:36 am

G- Craig Nelson, Chad Glasser

F- Kyle Carr, Tivis

C- Iverson

Bench- Jeff Smith (would love to see him play with support from team) Tyler Cook, Blake Olson (Hazen), Packineau (parshall), Andy Leraas (hillsboro) Andy Bachmeier (Shiloh), Love to see Cody Roland from Divide Cty.  run a little point with all these shooters, he set the DC record with 373 career assists, Jonathan Lindahl (Cando)

That would be my full 13-man squad, I just wish i knew more about the east to include more of them, because i am sure there should be more
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:00 pm

mitchstrand wrote:G- Craig Nelson, Chad Glasser

F- Kyle Carr, Tivis

C- Iverson

Bench- Jeff Smith (would love to see him play with support from team) Tyler Cook, Blake Olson (Hazen), Packineau (parshall), Andy Leraas (hillsboro) Andy Bachmeier (Shiloh), Love to see Cody Roland from Divide Cty.  run a little point with all these shooters, he set the DC record with 373 career assists, Jonathan Lindahl (Cando)

That would be my full 13-man squad, I just wish i knew more about the east to include more of them, because i am sure there should be more
I think you have the wrong Lindahl on that team and Tivis in my opinion should not start but that's your opinion against mine I guess.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mitchstrand » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:07 pm

I like this Lindahl's college game, but like i said, i dont know much from the east, so there probably is another lindahl....

And the reason i like Tivis is he is great at defense, and with him and glasser spreading the floor, i think it would be awesome.  I probably involved strategy a little bit in my team, like that kid from DC.....he's not in the top 13 or even made all-state, but i like his game, very unselfish
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:40 pm

mitchstrand wrote:I like this Lindahl's college game, but like i said, i dont know much from the east, so there probably is another lindahl....

And the reason i like Tivis is he is great at defense, and with him and glasser spreading the floor, i think it would be awesome.  I probably involved strategy a little bit in my team, like that kid from DC.....he's not in the top 13 or even made all-state, but i like his game, very unselfish

Well his brother Evan Lindahl played for four years at UND and I believe was two years all conference.  He also got jipped out of Mr. Basketball his senior year in '01 losing to Adam Dobmeier
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 pm

[user=1019]north_border_eagles2106[/user] wrote:
mitchstrand wrote:I like this Lindahl's college game, but like i said, i dont know much from the east, so there probably is another lindahl....

Well his brother Evan Lindahl played for four years at UND and I believe was two years all conference.  He also got jipped out of Mr. Basketball his senior year in '01 losing to Adam Dobmeier

Yeah i'd have to go with Evan too, before Jon. Don't get me wrong Jon is a good player but Evan was better. In the east i'd take Trenbeath before i took Leraas or Tivis, but then I'm bias towards cavalier too. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:42 pm

I would take Trenbeath over Tivis and especially Leraas.  Leraas was good but he didn't have a killer instinct to get the job done when it counted.  He was the biggest guy in the region his senior year and spent more time out on the three point line then anyone should.  The game that knocked them from state tournament contention his senior year he was being defended by a 5'8 point guard from North Border named Brett Stanhope.  Brett was physical with him and after about the first quarter, Leraas didn't even attempt to go into the paint to score on him because he doesn't like when players are physical with him.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mitchstrand » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:07 am

i never saw leraas play HS ball, but i go to minot state and see him play up here, and the way he has played since his freshman year has really impressed me, but like i said i never saw him play HS, so i dont know much about him from then other than what he told me.  I think in college he found his spot, because with his height he gets to play SF here, instead of in HS being the tallest.
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm not gonna go through the 6 pages and check to see if anyone mentioned this guy but...Jon Meier of M/R
project-pat

Postby mitchstrand » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:14 pm

His arguement is actually about 6 messages above yours on this page bud
mitchstrand
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:21 pm

mitchstrand wrote:His arguement is actually about 6 messages above yours on this page bud

no, it's actually 11...pshhhh, if your gonna make a wisecrack, make sure its logical first.
project-pat

Postby OilCanBoy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Has anyone mentioned Brandon Bata from PBK.
OilCanBoy

Postby Roughrider » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:48 pm

OilCanBoy wrote:Has anyone mentioned Brandon Bata from PBK.

He was a good player but i dont think he belongs in the All decade team. maybe on the bench but definately not a starter
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby busch3434 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:20 pm

Larrylegend33 wrote:Ok well maybe it was a shame that the rest of the state never got to see him.  I just really doubt that anyone outside of Bowman thinks that Payton Tivis belongs on an all-decade team.  Someone on here put Tivis on the 2nd team and left off Chad Glasser and that's ridiculous.  Chad simply took over during the 2004 state tournament.  His game v. Linton was something special.  The 2004 Titans were probably the least talented Trinity team in several years, yet they brought home THS's first state title because Chad put them on his back. 

were you at that title game, i believe if you add alot of no calls that would have been a much closer game with milnor winning
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby busch3434 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:24 pm

hold on, don't you mean nick bata??  he signed at mayville in both baseball and basketball but chose baseball now
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:29 pm

busch3434 wrote:

hold on, don't you mean nick bata??  he signed at mayville in both baseball and basketball but chose baseball now

no...pretty sure he meant brandon
project-pat

Postby busch3434 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Nelson is a definate no-brainer, but didn't nick hall from oak grove graduate in 2002??  if so he may be an honorable mention guy, but not part of my five.  Gotta go with Carr for sure and Chase Schutt following up with Trenbeath and Lindahl.
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics