Best Class Be player ever

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:28 am

Haha, yeah you know what I meant.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:40 am

I would say Steve Blehm is definitely the most dominant Class B player.
The three best Class B players I ever saw live were Todd Olson - Cavalier, Scott Guldseth - Edinburg, and Hunter Berg - Grenora.
I never saw Blehm play - but I'm sure he was a great shooter, but Todd was the best shooter I ever saw in my life.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 am

1. Blehm,  2. Pyle, 3. Guldseth, 4. Berg, 5. Randy Helling Lakota
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:44 am

1. Steve Blehm
2. Hunter Burg
3. Scott Guldseth
4. Travis Kraft

Those four deserve to be in the top 5......alot of other good players for the fifth spot.......i dont know....take your pick
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:03 am

Schwab.....you're just like anyone else from the valley that drools over Travis Kraft and MPCG.  Yes, he was a very very good played, but not one of the top 5 to ever play in ND.  I've changed my mind about Blehm and here are my top 5...

Blehm

Berg

Guldseth

Olson

Evan Lindahl

Yes, I know its probably a surprise to have Lindahl on there, but you can't argue with over 2000 pts and 1000 reb.  Todd Olson and Lindahl are the only 2 to accomplish that in ND history.  My honorable mentions would be Jason Haagenson, Marty McDonald, Fred Fridley, Kyle Carr, Jerry Pyle......no Travis Kraft
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:04 am

The Schwab wrote:1. Steve Blehm
2. Hunter Burg
3. Scott Guldseth
4. Travis Kraft

Those four deserve to be in the top 5......alot of other good players for the fifth spot.......i dont know....take your pick

Evan Lindahl
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:08 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Schwab.....you're just like anyone else from the valley that drools over Travis Kraft and MPCG.  Yes, he was a very very good played, but not one of the top 5 to ever play in ND.  I've changed my mind about Blehm and here are my top 5...

Blehm

Boschee

Guldseth

Olson

Evan Lindahl

Yes, I know its probably a surprise to have Lindahl on there, but you can't argue with over 2000 pts and 1000 reb.  Todd Olson and Lindahl are the only 2 to accomplish that in ND history.  My honorable mentions would be Jason Haagenson, Marty McDonald, Fred Fridley, Kyle Carr, Jerry Pyle......no Travis Kraft

lindahl?  kraft over lindahl and carr, no question about it.

well the valley has the best region year in and year out man and i dont drool over mpcg and kraft.
Last edited by jetblue12 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 am

jetblue12 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Schwab.....you're just like anyone else from the valley that drools over Travis Kraft and MPCG.  Yes, he was a very very good played, but not one of the top 5 to ever play in ND.  I've changed my mind about Blehm and here are my top 5...

Blehm

Boschee

Guldseth

Olson

Evan Lindahl

well the valley has the best region year in and year out man and i dont drool over mpcg and kraft.

and your just like everyone else from the lake area that drools over Lindahl.....good player....but come on now.....Travis Kraft deserves to be on this list.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:15 am

jetblue12 wrote:

Blehm

Boschee

Guldseth

Olson

Evan Lindahl

Hey ndlions fan, I put Boschee on this list too but then read the name of the topic and it says best Class B player ever.  So Boschee would not be on this list... and in that case, It would be Travis Kraft on that list.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:17 am

I don't drool over Lindahl...you just can't argue with his stats.  Give me some stats to backup with Kraft is top 5 to EVER play class B ball in ND.  And don't give me this junk about him playing at SC....If you're 6'7" and can play a guard you get looks at DI schools.  Now if he had a great DI career, then maybe.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:19 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:

Blehm

Boschee

Guldseth

Olson

Evan Lindahl

Hey ndlions fan, I put Boschee on this list too but then read the name of the topic and it says best Class B player ever.  So Boschee would not be on this list... and in that case, It would be Travis Kraft on that list.

My bad, that's true....Boschee shouldn't be on the list.....Kraft still not on there.  I left off Berg before.....that's what I meant instead of Boschee
Last edited by ndlionsfan on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:22 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I don't drool over Lindahl...you just can't argue with his stats.  Give me some stats to backup with Kraft is top 5 to EVER play class B ball in ND.  And don't give me this junk about him playing at SC....If you're 6'7" and can play a guard you get looks at DI schools.  Now if he had a great DI career, then maybe.
Alright...i will try my best....but remember...be patient........Travis Kraft in two of his years of high school played on teams that have been argued as the greatest teams of all time.......thus he didnt get as much playing time as evan lindahl did.......when did lindahl start playing varsity.....7th, 8th grade....i bet he was a four year starter at least....so then arguing stats doesnt really make much sense now does it? also competition makes a pretty big deal when you talk about stats too.....and we all know that region 2 has been one of/if not the strongest region for a LONG, LONG time.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:23 am

Well if not Kraft then who?  Do you have something against Kraft or you honestly think that the only Class B player to ever get playing time in NCAA Division 1 basketball isn't one of the 5 best from Class B.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:47 am

Yes, I honestly think he wasn't one of the top 5 greatest class B ball players in ND.  I'd put any one of my honorable mentions in before Kraft.  I don't even think Kraft is the best all time from his own school.  Ben Jacobson is definately above him, maybe Rygg and Tom Jacobson, too.....but I think I'd put Kraft #2 from MP
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 am

The Schwab wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I don't drool over Lindahl...you just can't argue with his stats.  Give me some stats to backup with Kraft is top 5 to EVER play class B ball in ND.  And don't give me this junk about him playing at SC....If you're 6'7" and can play a guard you get looks at DI schools.  Now if he had a great DI career, then maybe.
Alright...i will try my best....but remember...be patient........Travis Kraft in two of his years of high school played on teams that have been argued as the greatest teams of all time.......thus he didnt get as much playing time as evan lindahl did.......when did lindahl start playing varsity.....7th, 8th grade....i bet he was a four year starter at least....so then arguing stats doesnt really make much sense now does it? also competition makes a pretty big deal when you talk about stats too.....and we all know that region 2 has been one of/if not the strongest region for a LONG, LONG time.

Shouldn't one of the greatest all time players been a starter on the greatest team of all time??  If not, I think the 5 starters deserved to be ranked higher
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Yes, I honestly think he wasn't one of the top 5 greatest class B ball players in ND.  I'd put any one of my honorable mentions in before Kraft.  I don't even think Kraft is the best all time from his own school.  Ben Jacobson is definately above him, maybe Rygg and Tom Jacobson, too.....but I think I'd put Kraft #2 from MP

yeah your right ben and tom were great, i never saw rygg play tho
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:07 am

[font=Arial]Pyle was the driving force on a great Central Cass Team[/font]

[font=Arial]http://www.prairiepublic.org/features/classB/best.htm[/font]

[font=Arial]Casselton Central Cass 1968[/font]

[indent]
[font=Arial]Over a two year period, from 1967 to 1968, the Squirrels eclipsed the 100 point mark 12 times and beat such brutal Minnesota competition as Moorhead, White Bear Lake and Bemidji. The Moorhead team they beat went on that year to finish second in the Minnesota state tournament behind Edina. 6'7" center Jerry Pyle played college ball at the University of Minnesota.[/font]

[font=Arial].......................[/font]

[font=Arial][font=Arial]"I have an opinion about this, if you want me to express it. I think May Port has a lot of forwards playing guard [/font][i][font=Arial](grins)[/font][font=Arial] and they would have had trouble with us ... they wouldn't have wanted to play us ([/font][font=Arial]grinning[/font][font=Arial])."[/font]

[indent]
[font=Arial]- Jerry Pyle, Central Cass player class of 1968[/font]
[/indent][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][/font] 
[/indent]
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:09 am

BaldEagle wrote:[font=Arial]Pyle was the driving force on a great Central Cass Team[/font]

[indent]
[font=Arial]Over a two year period, from 1967 to 1968, the Squirrels eclipsed the 100 point mark 12 times and beat such brutal Minnesota competition as Moorhead, White Bear Lake and Bemidji. The Moorhead team they beat went on that year to finish second in the Minnesota state tournament behind Edina. 6'7" center Jerry Pyle played college ball at the University of Minnesota.[/font]

[font=Arial][font=Arial]"I have an opinion about this, if you want me to express it. I think May Port has a lot of forwards playing guard [/font][i][font=Arial](grins)[/font][font=Arial] and they would have had trouble with us ... they wouldn't have wanted to play us ([/font][font=Arial]grinning[/font][font=Arial])."[/font]

[indent]
[/indent][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][/font] 
[/indent]

[font=Arial]"I would definitely have to say ours was the greatest team. These kids could do things with basketballs and moves that we only dreamed of back in the 60s."[/font]

[indent]
[font=Arial]- Del Kessler, May-Port-C-G head coach[/font]
[/indent]
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:11 am

jetblue12 wrote:
BaldEagle wrote:[font=Arial]Pyle was the driving force on a great Central Cass Team[/font]

[indent]

[indent]
[/indent][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][/font] 
[/indent]

[font=Arial]"I would definitely have to say ours was the greatest team. These kids could do things with basketballs and moves that we only dreamed of back in the 60s."[/font]

[indent]
[/indent]

[font=Arial]Jerry Pyle, Casselton Central Cass '68-Jerry's 102 point, 59 rebound performance at the 1968 State "B" remains one of the most dominant in state tournament history.[/font]
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:12 am

BaldEagle wrote:
jetblue12 wrote:

[indent]

[indent]
[/indent][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][/font] 
[/indent]

[indent]
[/indent]

[font=Arial]Jerry Pyle, Casselton Central Cass '68-Jerry's 102 point, 59 rebound performance at the 1968 State "B" remains one of the most dominant in state tournament history.[/font]

pretty close to mike mathisons 2007 state perfromance.....
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:16 am

Now you are getting rediculous. :P
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:17 am

BaldEagle wrote:Now you are getting rediculous. :P

comeon the numbers man.... ok i like to stir the pot:duel:
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:29 am

i would say robert lawrence was one of the best players in class b history.  he was amazing.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:37 am

sodadrinker wrote:i would say robert lawrence was one of the best players in class b history.  he was amazing.

Agreed, talk about tremendous offense.  Was going to bring him up in the topic of TI getting robbed.  No Sr. athlete of the year for him either and no big college offers and I have to think with his body and offense he was much more college ready.  Both were great players from the local area and I have said I would love to have both on my team!!!!
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:44 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Shouldn't one of the greatest all time players been a starter on the greatest team of all time??  If not, I think the 5 starters deserved to be ranked higher
as a freshman he came off the bench and hit a huge shot in the state title game.....I honestly hope that your kidding when your saying that kraft wasnt top 5 in north dakota history......Travis Kraft is definatly top 5 material....if you think that Lindahl deserves to be up there that might be...but below travis kraft.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics