Best buzzer beaters of all time

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby rep » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 pm

whatsit2u wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Cudworth's shot has to be at the top since it won the state championship.  I still believe that's the most entertaining championship game i've ever seen. 

Thats the only state championship I ever seen live it was great.  Even from the nosebleed section lol.

i still get chills whenever that german-techno song (i'm not hip and don't know the name of it) plays that they played for nrs before every game. i can still see their entire crowd pumping those black and blue pom pom things in time with the song. that was a great three days...absolutely great.
rep

Postby rumbles » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:19 am

rep wrote:
whatsit2u wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Cudworth's shot has to be at the top since it won the state championship.  I still believe that's the most entertaining championship game i've ever seen. 

Thats the only state championship I ever seen live it was great.  Even from the nosebleed section lol.

i still get chills whenever that german-techno song (i'm not hip and don't know the name of it) plays that they played for nrs before every game. i can still see their entire crowd pumping those black and blue pom pom things in time with the song. that was a great three days...absolutely great.
sounds like torture to me
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 am

SCC wrote:
rep wrote:
whatsit2u wrote:

That song was so overplayed!  It has played a time or two at the state B girls the past couple days.  It's called Dragostea Din Tei, and it's actually Romanian.

Actually its Numa Numa by Ozone.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:14 pm

baller01 wrote:
SCC wrote:
rep wrote:
whatsit2u wrote:

That song was so overplayed!  It has played a time or two at the state B girls the past couple days.  It's called Dragostea Din Tei, and it's actually Romanian.

Actually its Numa Numa by Ozone.

you kids and your crazy non-sensical music:shock::shock::shock:romanian:shock::shock::shock:part of the atmosphere:shock::shock::shock:either way it is different.
rep

Postby VikeMike » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:02 am

Wyman Archambault's off-the-glass 40-footer with 2-seconds left against Minot was in the 1973 state A title game. The shot didn't win the game, but tied it, sending the game into the first of three overtimes before the Warriors won the game and the championship on Tony BobTail Bear's three throw.  The win is notable as Fort Yates was a heavy underdog and trailed badly throughout the game before staging a wild rally in the last minute of regulation.
VikeMike
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketballler » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:58 pm

I don't think I would say best buzzer beater of all time, just cause it was a regular season game, but this year when Ryan played Westhope in the Ryan gym. Brooks Backes hit the half court three to send it into over time, then he also hit the last second shot to win the game, two buzzer beaters in one game was pretty impressive. The crowd went absolutely nuts!
A jumpshot will get you a hot girlfriend, a huge house, and a nice car, but none of these things will get you a jumpshot.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football#1 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am

BJ meretns Of DL to beat belcourt 74 73  hit a 3 ball right when the buzzer went off.even a bank strait off the top of the key.And Beau Snyder in the EDC tournoment 2 bezzer beaters in each game against west fargo and red river to win it by 2
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:49 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:What are some of the best buzzer beaters that you have ever witnessed in ND bball?  Mine would have to be Jason Haagenson in the 91 state consolation semis.  He hit about a 3/4 court shot at the buzzer to beat Litchville by 1.  The entire place just went nuts!  Then the next year in the state semis he hit a half court shot at the halftime buzzer against Napolean.  Pretty impressive to do in two state tourneys.  I think the second one was even on Sportscenter.

lionsfan i figured you'd mention a different buzzer beater. :) haha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Best buzzer beaters of all time

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Actually I think your buzzer beater was the best I've ever witnessed just because of what it meant and to cap off that amazing game you had...
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:14 pm

that was a classic
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Actually I think your buzzer beater was the best I've ever witnessed just because of what it meant and to cap off that amazing game you had...

haha the only win on the year! your first career JV victory at F-s haha
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gomagi » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Isn't anybody giving class "A" any love. "A" brings out more fans anyway. In 2010, the two best boys teams in the state, A or B, Bismarck High and Mandan played in the class "A" state championship at the Civic Center. I think Bismarck was leading the whole game until Mandan was down by three when they imbounded the ball with about 5 seconds left. Devin Coyle hit a three at the Buzzer to force overtime. Keep in mind that these are two Bismarck teams in a Bismarck arena. It was absolutely deafoning in there. 10,000+ fans screaming at the top of their lungs. Allbeit not all Mandan or Bismarck fans. It was the last game of the tourney so other fans were there. By the way, Mandan lost in overtime.
gomagi
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby baseball18 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:17 am

Baller wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
bruins44 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Archambeau (spelling) i'm pretty sure he hit one in a state tournament game i think it even was the championship.....can someone help me out with this.

Yes,  Wayman Archambeau (sp) from Fort Yates hit a half ct shot against Minot to win the state title, I think it was in '71 or '72...  that has to go down as the best winning shot ever!
thank you for the help...and yes without a doubt this is the best buzzer beating shot of all time.
Didn't Russ Archambeault then hit one in the state tourney for Bismarck High...they kept talking about how cool it was for a father/son duo to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vrnZNST ... re=related
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby duke_boy90 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Nic Moser's 3/4 court shot to beat Ellendale in the 2009 District 5 Championship game. Ellendale led the entire game until that shot. Truly a shame no one sent that to Sportscenter. Would have been top 10 for sure.
duke_boy90
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby Old Baller » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 pm

berry186 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:
hoopsstar2391 wrote:I believe it was Tanner Wolf from W-T-P-R hit a shot from the free throw line on the OTHER SIDE of the court in the Jamestown Civic Center in the regional tournament,  i believe it was in like 2001 or something like that.

it was a deep 3... not that far... it was deep tho... kick out from scott... older brother

ya i remember that shot from tanner but not the free throw line shot

If my memory serves me right, the same type of buzzer-beater won 5th place for WTPR over Wilton in the State Tournament that year (2001). Same guys involved too: a Kick-out from Scott to brother Tanner. I only read about it. Interesting side item is that Wing and Wilton were co-opting in foot ball at the time. Buddies playing buddies.
Old Baller
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics