Best High school Gym in the State

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:39 pm

Let me hear it and no North or South cause they are identical
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:42 pm

north only becuz i had an easier time gettin concessions

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:49 pm

BHS has a good atmosphere as far as feeling apart of the game.  Otherwise, I would go with North because I don't like the brown in South's gym.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:50 pm

no way north has the best high school gym there isnt that much seating and its way too open on the baselines, doesnt give the atmosphere of being on top of the court
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:58 pm

Devils Lake gets you extremely close to the court. front row means front row, and you better watch out for stray balls so you dont drop your food. the student section also provides a great atmosphere for a great game, as they are standing on the floor, close to the action at all times.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:09 pm

i think mandan has a pretty good gym, nice gym and a pretty good amount of seating. 
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 pm

threeball wrote:i think mandan has a pretty good gym, nice gym and a pretty good amount of seating. 

mandan has a nice gym for watching the games but not playing... i like minots facility at the auditorium... even tho it doesn't get packed or loud its a very nice venue for high school games
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:40 pm

when st. mary's was good and people actually went to the games, it was a nice gym.

Valley city has a very nice gym.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cityleaguer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:20 pm

DHS has a very nice floor design and the "pit" as it's been called is a very good high school atmosphere, not really any bad seats for watching. I'm biased though being from Dickinson....I like Bismarck High's setup otherwise.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:14 pm

cityleaguer wrote:DHS has a very nice floor design and the "pit" as it's been called is a very good high school atmosphere, not really any bad seats for watching. I'm biased though being from Dickinson....I like Bismarck High's setup otherwise.

i like dhs's gym but they really should re do the bleachers...they are so uncomfortable
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vballfan06 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:38 pm

they're getting new bleachers this summer.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsbest44 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:39 am

I haven't been to all of them but valley city's gym is a nice even if they're a bad team, I think BHS has a nice gym as well
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:29 am

jamestowns gym is really nice but it seems kinda boring there just cuz they are not that good of competiton
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #50mandan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:05 am

dickinson needs some new scoreboards theyre really trashy and they do need new seating also. bismarck dont got enough seating either, i think the cross town games between century, bismarck, and mandan should all be played at the civic center (boys and girls)
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:28 pm

#50mandan wrote:dickinson needs some new scoreboards theyre really trashy and they do need new seating also. bismarck dont got enough seating either, i think the cross town games between century, bismarck, and mandan should all be played at the civic center (boys and girls)

how many less people would come to the games if it was at the civic center because admission would be about 8 dollars for a student and 10 for adults
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby member » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:05 am

I think Dickinson is the worst gym in the state.
NDPreps Starter

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:14 pm

#50mandan wrote:dickinson needs some new scoreboards theyre really trashy and they do need new seating also. bismarck dont got enough seating either, i think the cross town games between century, bismarck, and mandan should all be played at the civic center (boys and girls)

that would work out much better, i couldnt even get in a girls game in mandan cuz it was so packed they locked the doors. and im sure you can use your student activities card to get in
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:04 pm

member wrote:I think Dickinson is the worst gym in the state.

why is that?  I played at nearly all of them at some point, and Dickinson's rims seem to be some of the softest, the court is soft (if you know what I mean...the way you can sort of bouce on the hardwood), and the old wooden bleachers on each side seem to add a certain aura to the atmosphere. I also like the new editions of the Midgets symbol on each end of the court at the 5 second line, and the words "Dickinson High" I believe on the end lines.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 am

thankyou_sir41 wrote:

that would work out much better, i couldnt even get in a girls game in mandan cuz it was so packed they locked the doors. and im sure you can use your student activities card to get in

it would be like at the bowl you would use your activity card to get in and then you would have to pay an additional fee on top of it  probably 4 or 5 dollars.. and also the schools would loose so much revenue on consetions becuase at the civic center they take most of the profit from consetions
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:47 pm

fargo souths gym and norths. the setup is viewer friendly and the students can be fairly close to the court.
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Belcourt should have a pretty nice facility next year because they're getting a new school
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics