Who's next?

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:13 pm

thats suprising....i woulda thought he woulda waited until atleast after summer ball to commit
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:07 pm

point/center wrote:
baller01 wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:Did I just hear on the news last night that Dufault gave a verbal to NDSU for Bball??

No, haha.

yes he did

I don't know exactly what you heard but I'm about 99.9% positive that Dufault didn't verbal to NDSU. He is in Vegas right now but I will try to get ahold of him to find out but I'm almost positive he didn't. I say this just because I know for a fact, 100%, that he is getting bigger looks so it doesn't make any sense to me that he would verbal to NDSU when he hasn't even finished his junior summer.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:21 pm

I hate to rain on all of your parades but Dufault DID NOT verbal to NDSU. NDSU offered to him but he did not verbal. Sorry. Whatever you heard on the news is wrong. He told me directly that he didn't so...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 am

he is gonna work out for them on friday tho..
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:34 am

just curious but what schools are the better looks?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Reply to "Tu-Big"--He [Shockman] actually is a pretty good outside shooter for the most part. He hasn't needed to go outside in his game. He likes to be around the basket. He had a subpar year in 06-07. Talked to the Lamoure coach some this summer; might see Shockman getting the ball a little farther away from the basket at times. The key for Shockman is to play more relaxed and not be so uptight. If that happens, he will be fun to watch unless you are playing against him.
Last edited by bballuvr on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:45 am

baller01 wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:
baller01 wrote:2008- Dufault
2009- Malzer, Wolf
2010- Randall

Those are my choices for D-1 players in each grade level in class B for the next couple year. I'm almost positive Dufault will go D-1 if he chooses to. I don't think colleges can overlook his shooting and his height.

I would be really suprised if North Dakota produced 4 D1 basketball players in the next 3 years there are just so many good players in the nation

I'm not saying that all 4 will go D1. I'm just saying I think those are the top canidates in each class. I will almost guarentee (if he stays injury free and chooses to) that Dufault will go D-1. Malzer, Wolf, and Randall are just 3 other players that I think have that potential to.
i do belive there will be someone better then Randall there alreadys are better out there!!!not saying he aint good he is a good player but not the best!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:23 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:
baller01 wrote:2008- Dufault
2009- Malzer, Wolf
2010- Randall

Those are my choices for D-1 players in each grade level in class B for the next couple year. I'm almost positive Dufault will go D-1 if he chooses to. I don't think colleges can overlook his shooting and his height.

I would be really suprised if North Dakota produced 4 D1 basketball players in the next 3 years there are just so many good players in the nation

I'm not saying that all 4 will go D1. I'm just saying I think those are the top canidates in each class. I will almost guarentee (if he stays injury free and chooses to) that Dufault will go D-1. Malzer, Wolf, and Randall are just 3 other players that I think have that potential to.
i do belive there will be someone better then Randall there alreadys are better out there!!!not saying he aint good he is a good player but not the best!

of course theres better players out there then Randall but he just finished his Freshman year and before the season started he has never lifted a weight in is life.  if he hits the weights, and keeps working as hard as i konw he does he will be an amazing player.  maybe not d-1 but he will be playing college ball somewhere if he doesnt get hurt....not to mention his baseball
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:25 pm

Decent article on Default in the Forum

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/175407
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bestinthewest » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:09 pm

Jarad Wolf from New Salem. he's got great ball handling, he can post you up, and he can shoot the 3 with perfect form. he is about 6'1" now and he is only a sophomore. one more inch or two and he will be a a solid 2 guard at a D1 school.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:50 pm

bestinthewest wrote:Jarad Wolf from New Salem. he's got great ball handling, he can post you up, and he can shoot the 3 with perfect form. he is about 6'1" now and he is only a sophomore. one more inch or two and he will be a a solid 2 guard at a D1 school.

6'2" is the average size of the PG,  to be a solid 2 man in D1 seems like you have to be a solid 6'6"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:14 pm

baseball wrote:
bestinthewest wrote:Jarad Wolf from New Salem. he's got great ball handling, he can post you up, and he can shoot the 3 with perfect form. he is about 6'1" now and he is only a sophomore. one more inch or two and he will be a a solid 2 guard at a D1 school.

6'2" is the average size of the PG,  to be a solid 2 man in D1 seems like you have to be a solid 6'6"

Jarad Wolf is not anything specail at all.  Not even an above average player.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:57 am

I agree.  Not very quick for a PG.  There is a big difference between a guy who can dribble the ball and a guy who can run the point.  He's got the shoot first mentality.  Maybe an all-district pick, but that's about it. 
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:13 am

k after reading alot of these names i dont think people are reading the title of the topic correctly....were talking about the next possible D-1 player.  D-1 is big time, i think the majority of these players wont even play college ball so to say they are D-1 possibles doesnt make much sense to me.

The only player in the state this year that will go D-1 is Dufault and Elgie is possible but i dont even know if he'll play basketball.  D-1 players are studs from the beginning and that means Freshman or younger.  a kid who is honorable mention all district  with 7PPG and 6 RPG as a Sophomore will not go D-1

The other guys you can throw out are the kids people say is a solid post at 6'5"......find one 4 or 5 man that is listed below 6'7" and actually contributes to a D-1 team?  if a player is under 6' he better be the quickest player in the state by far to even be considered D-1.

Behind Dufault who is the best player in Class B?  Mauch, Carlbloom? they arent even D-1 caliber. 

I know its a topic for discussion and you can say who you want but its just pointless to have someone come on here and talk about themselves or a buddy of theirs as a D-1 player.  stick to the legit players who actually have the chance
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:17 pm

baseball wrote:k after reading alot of these names i dont think people are reading the title of the topic correctly....were talking about the next possible D-1 player.  D-1 is big time, i think the majority of these players wont even play college ball so to say they are D-1 possibles doesnt make much sense to me.

The only player in the state this year that will go D-1 is Dufault and Elgie is possible but i dont even know if he'll play basketball.  D-1 players are studs from the beginning and that means Freshman or younger.  a kid who is honorable mention all district  with 7PPG and 6 RPG as a Sophomore will not go D-1

The other guys you can throw out are the kids people say is a solid post at 6'5"......find one 4 or 5 man that is listed below 6'7" and actually contributes to a D-1 team?  if a player is under 6' he better be the quickest player in the state by far to even be considered D-1.

Behind Dufault who is the best player in Class B?  Mauch, Carlbloom? they arent even D-1 caliber. 

I know its a topic for discussion and you can say who you want but its just pointless to have someone come on here and talk about themselves or a buddy of theirs as a D-1 player.  stick to the legit players who actually have the chance

Allard and May could both go D-1.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:19 pm

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:k after reading alot of these names i dont think people are reading the title of the topic correctly....were talking about the next possible D-1 player.  D-1 is big time, i think the majority of these players wont even play college ball so to say they are D-1 possibles doesnt make much sense to me.

Mauch might go DI in football if memory serves me correctly.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:25 pm

cdub1 wrote:

yea they are 2 ledit candidates but its the people who talk about Jared Worf for example i was talking to
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:56 am

One kid that might have a chance if he keeps workin and puts on more muscle would be Joe Hanstad out of Dickinson who will be a freshman this year. He has played well against upper level competion from what I saw this past summer. Should be interesting to see what happens and how many make it DI.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Dufault is the only player from ND right now that has a real shot at playing major D1 ball....PERIOD
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm

The Schwab wrote:Dufault is the only player from ND right now that has a real shot at playing major D1 ball....PERIOD

space space Allard still can.  May is a possibility.  Hanstad is very likely.  I'm not even really into it and I could name more.  There are many kids right now who are in junior high or that have just started high school that could go D-1.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:31 pm

cdub1 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Dufault is the only player from ND right now that has a real shot at playing major D1 ball....PERIOD

space space Allard still can.  May is a possibility.  Hanstad is very likely.  I'm not even really into it and I could name more.  There are many kids right now who are in junior high or that have just started high school that could go D-1.

Allard has the ability, I just dont know if he has the work ethic that it takes to make big time D-1.  he is a great player but it just seems to me that that gets in his head to much and he gets the idea he doesnt have to play hard.  ive heard it all about Allard that he is lazy by numerous people and i also noticed it when i saw him play at the State A last year.  If your talking about people who can I would say Allard would be the 2nd on his team behind Ismial??  he develops a more consistant outside shot and he could be a great player.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:35 pm

cdub1 wrote:

well then i would like to nominate EVERY 7,8 and 9th grader in the state......because anyone can go D1 if they work all the time....get stronger, faster, and better.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:39 pm

The Schwab wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

well then i would like to nominate EVERY 7,8 and 9th grader in the state......because anyone can go D1 if they work all the time....get stronger, faster, and better.....

I am talking about the studs out there.  Hanstad and Crosby are obvious choices, then if you dig a little bit you will get to players like Thunshelle and Collins who are in my opinion very legitimate candidates, I also do realize that many things can happen between now and when they are ready to sign to a college.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:29 am

I say you dont mention anyone below a sophomore??  you hear way to many stories about how a kid dominated jr high ball so he has a D-1 chance.  more often then not the kids that dominated jr high developed ealier and were 6-7 inches taller, stronger, quicker, all them things.  wait until hes proven it against kids the same size and not the 5'1" PG in 7th grade.  not always the case but ive seen it more often then not that a jr high stud turns out to be average at best in high school
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:48 am

Ok....let's look at the reasons why Dufault is getting all of these looks from D1 schools.

1. Is it because he averages big numbers against ND competition? No it's not, because many players averaged huge high school numbers in ND and not gotten any D1 looks ex. Chris Reinhart.

2. Is it because his team made it to state and alot of coaches would have the oppertunity to look at him? No, Killdeer lost out in the region tournament.

3. Is it because he went down to major AAU and ECI tournaments and still but up pretty big numbers against great competition? Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner

So if there can be a lesson learned for all of the up and coming talent. I feel it is this. If you have the opportunity to play ECI or AAU ball in the big tournaments, DO IT! and if you play as well as you can, and go as hard as you can, Good things can and will happen. Look at the story of the tall, lanky kid from small town western ND who has had MAJOR D-1 coaches come to Killdeer, ND to watch pick-up games. All because of his performances at Summer Tournaments.

Congratulations Mr. Dufault,

Good Luck with your decision, I know you will make a great impact on whatever team is lucky enough to sign you

The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics