Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

throughout the state

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby PondHockey14 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
baseball11 wrote:
sports03 wrote:they didn't look exhausted because they put up 60 shots and only allowed 24... that sounds like they worked the flames but somehow the flames finally got the win they deserved against langdon last year... yes they did get beat at home fair and square but not at langdons rink they got scored on twice that didnt' go in but the refs allowed it... the langdon team got payback... they also didn't show much class in the loss and neither did the WC team the flames beat i was there... there were very rude comments made towards the flames players totally inappropriate


Langdon's refs are from neighboring towns (Cando, Park River, Grafton, Devils Lake, etc.) so your argument is kind of pointless. I was there too and don't remember any of those "non goals". Sorry.

If it wasn't for the refs, Fargo would never lose a game!! :roll:


Is this all the forums are going to become? Fargo vs. Everyone else, and Everyone vs. Fargo. Enough of the Small City Big City drama, it is getting old.

A Fargo player/ex-player claims they had goals disallowed, the Langdon player/ex-player claims there wasn't; who really cares, it was last year. Get on with it already. New Season!



yes i agree, this might make a good discussion in person but not over a forum. Anyway new season and new teams
PondHockey14
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:50 am

yes i agree, this might make a good discussion in person but not over a forum. Anyway new season and new teams[/quote]

Thank you!!!
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby LB22 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:06 pm

baseball11 wrote:
sports03 wrote:they didn't look exhausted because they put up 60 shots and only allowed 24... that sounds like they worked the flames but somehow the flames finally got the win they deserved against langdon last year... yes they did get beat at home fair and square but not at langdons rink they got scored on twice that didnt' go in but the refs allowed it... the langdon team got payback... they also didn't show much class in the loss and neither did the WC team the flames beat i was there... there were very rude comments made towards the flames players totally inappropriate


Langdon's refs are from neighboring towns (Cando, Park River, Grafton, Devils Lake, etc.) so your argument is kind of pointless. I was there too and don't remember any of those "non goals". Sorry.


I would like to know what Langdon did to not show class after they lost? Watford started throwing punches and i see your argument there but Langdon did nothing but shake there hands and say good game. And if you played hockey you would know that if you play seven periods of hard hockey like that until 10-10:30 at night its pretty hard to show up the next morning and do it all over again.
LB22
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby LB22 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:22 pm

#18 wrote:Best team ever yes I think so every line contributes and I don't remeber scores like these against the better teams like sidney and watford... now crosby has always been absoultly destroyed almost every year, but 24 to 2 come on watch out for the flyers they are very special at least for the first time ive seen them


a 24-2 score against crosby doesn't say much. Langdon beat them 23-1 last year. The teams this year don't have the talent that they did last year, so if flyers were putting up those scores last year then it would be impressive.
LB22
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby AC-DC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:27 pm

[quote="LB22] Langdon beat them 23-1 last year. [/quote]

In what fantasy game was that?
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby hockeystar11 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:29 pm

langdon killed crosby last year it was somethin crazy like 23-1
hockeystar11
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby AC-DC » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:40 am

hockeystar11 wrote:langdon killed crosby last year it was somethin crazy like 23-1


Yes, Langdon's team, with more seniors (12) than Crosby had Jr Gold players (9 and no seniors), beat Crosby last year. At least try and get the score right instead of making things up.

Check out the NDAHA site for last season's results;

http://www.ndaha.org/06-07_JR_GOLD_SCHED.xls
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:38 pm

The chatter better start getting back on topic or else I will close this topic.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby AC-DC » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Comparing different teams from different seasons is exceedingly difficult. Langdon had their glory year last season, but fell short when it mattered in the final. It’s like the current debate between the Patriots and Dolphins. Although the Patriots had a perfect regular season, some say they won’t be in the same league as the Dolphins if they don’t win the Super Bowl. The Flyers are definitely the most stacked team this season. We have yet to see how that one turns out.

For the best Jr Gold team ever, you have to look real close at the Minot and Crosby teams of the 90’s; 6 out of 7 State Championships for Minot with Crosby coming in second 7 years straight. Now that is impressive. When the Flyers have 3 or 4 straight under their belt, then we’ll talk.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby #18 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:21 pm

If crosby took 2nd every year then wouldnt that leave minot as the best dynasty ever, not the best team ever, a team is one season kids graduate and new kids come in
#18
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby AC-DC » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:48 am

#18 wrote:If crosby took 2nd every year then wouldnt that leave minot as the best dynasty ever, not the best team ever, a team is one season kids graduate and new kids come in


There is no doubt that Minot and Crosby had the best dynasties ever. With those kinds of programs, they're the obvious places to start if you're are looking for the best single team ever. But honestly, it's virtually impossible to try and compare those teams with this or any other season's teams.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
User avatar
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: At Crosby - Divide County

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:02 pm

AC-DC wrote:
#18 wrote:If crosby took 2nd every year then wouldnt that leave minot as the best dynasty ever, not the best team ever, a team is one season kids graduate and new kids come in


There is no doubt that Minot and Crosby had the best dynasties ever. With those kinds of programs, they're the obvious places to start if you're are looking for the best single team ever. But honestly, it's virtually impossible to try and compare those teams with this or any other season's teams.


2nd place is not a dynasty.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby LB22 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:47 am

AC-DC wrote:
hockeystar11 wrote:langdon killed crosby last year it was somethin crazy like 23-1


Yes, Langdon's team, with more seniors (12) than Crosby had Jr Gold players (9 and no seniors), beat Crosby last year. At least try and get the score right instead of making things up.

Check out the NDAHA site for last season's results;

http://www.ndaha.org/06-07_JR_GOLD_SCHED.xls



If you would get the facts right then you would know that it was a 18-1 score after 2 periods and Langdon coach told the refs that he didnt want any more points put on the board. Its not the score that matters in this, people are saying thats amazing that fargo beat crosby so bad, and not bringing crosby down in any means but they have not had the best teams over the last few years.
LB22
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby I_Like_Hockey » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:44 pm

You thought you had a great team last year, but really you only had one line just like this year. Don't let your head get to big like last year. Thats right, I can't remember but, I don't recall you guys being in the main event in Sidney MT, you had to go home early.
I_Like_Hockey
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby I_Like_Hockey » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 pm

I heard they have like 20 kids and some only see the ice like 2 or 3 times a period. Now thats what JR. Gold is all about. First and second line are on the ice all the time. Those kids must be moving on to D1 somewhere after High School I'm sure. All the coach wants is to win by 20 or more goals every game. Whats that teaching these kids. Must be the ALL STAR TEAM going to play over sea's. It's JR Gold Hockey get a life flyer#18
I_Like_Hockey
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm

I_Like_Hockey wrote:I heard they have like 20 kids and some only see the ice like 2 or 3 times a period. Now thats what JR. Gold is all about. First and second line are on the ice all the time. Those kids must be moving on to D1 somewhere after High School I'm sure. All the coach wants is to win by 20 or more goals every game. Whats that teaching these kids.


So you know the coach and players on the team and they tell you that they want to win by 20 every game and that they only get on the ice 2-3 times a period? I happen to know a couple of the parents of kids on the team, as well as a couple of parents of players on the G.F. Stallions. They don't seem to have any problem with the team their son is on. And they aren't "1st and 2nd liners" who are on the ice all the time as you put it. They are the some of the other "like 20" kids you claim they have who only see the ice 2 or 3 times a period. I bet that would be a surprise to these players and parents. Why don't you ask the kids what they are learning before you throw out some numbers you made up. You have 2 posts, both bashing the Flyers, both a day after they played the Flames, interesting....?? How many players did the Flames dress in their game last night? I heard possibly as many or more than the Flyers. Again, that is just what I heard.

Also, lets try to stay away from saying things like "get a life Flyers #18". That's not called for. Those types of remarks will be deleted in the future.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby #18 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:08 pm

You are funny. The Main Event? Since Flyers did not win the league last year, they did not expect to win the state tournament. They hoped they would, as do all teams, but did not expect to. Watford hoped to win, Langdon hoped to win, etc. We HOPE to this year, as all teams do, but do not expect to. Any team can win the state tournament. It is only 3 games on 3 days. Are you still thanking your goalie everyday for winning that state tournament for you last year? Oh wait, he's a Flyer now. hahaha, hilarious! If anything, you may want to thank the Flyers for playing Langdon to a 4-overtime game in which both teams were exhausted so you could play a tired Langdon team the next day. The only good Flames players on that team graduated or left.

I bet there are plenty of langdon players posting on here that would tell you they were very tired from the previous day. One last crazy thought. All the Flyers kids live in North Dakota, how about the Flames?

I have a life thank you much, that does not revolve around hockey.
#18
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 pm

I_Like_Hockey wrote:I heard they have like 20 kids and some only see the ice like 2 or 3 times a period. Now thats what JR. Gold is all about. First and second line are on the ice all the time. Those kids must be moving on to D1 somewhere after High School I'm sure. All the coach wants is to win by 20 or more goals every game. Whats that teaching these kids. Must be the ALL STAR TEAM going to play over sea's. It's JR Gold Hockey get a life flyer#18


......your facts are wrong, they do play all their lines because half the team is hurt, its not the Flyers fault that they win so stop making excuses and YOU GET A LIFE, #18 is proud of his team so let him be proud of it.
RedHotChiliPeppers
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Hockey » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:02 pm

the flyers will lose.. just wait
Hockey
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm

This is a silly topic from the beginning. You do not compare teams as best ever. They Flyers have a very good team this year. Other teams have very good teams also. It sounds like the Walsh County team has a very good chance to win the state tournament this season. How about Langdon? Weren't they good for the last couple of years. Maybe Flyers won't even make the finals and it will be Langdon versus Walsh County for the finals this year.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby dcs01 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Hockey wrote:the flyers will lose.. just wait


th flyers have lost they lost to a team from canada called fort fransis it may not be in a league but its just to show all you people flyers are not incincible i dont think they will win state but thats just my thoughts
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:49 pm

dcs01 wrote:
Hockey wrote:the flyers will lose.. just wait


th flyers have lost they lost to a team from canada called fort fransis it may not be in a league but its just to show all you people flyers are not incincible i dont think they will win state but thats just my thoughts


They have lost to plenty of teams this year. A look to their website shows they have 7 or 8 losses. No team is ever invincible.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:09 am

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby hockeychick » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:24 am

Yes, the Flyers have had a few losses this season. But they were against teams from Canada, South Dakota, and Minnesota. So as far as state goes, since they haven't lost to a North Dakota team yet, I think that they have a pretty good shot. They are a very strong team this year. No, they aren't invincible but league wise, they have proven themselves and will take it all the way to state.
hockeychick
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby koozy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:51 pm

They just got beat by langdon 4 to 2. so they arent inviciable
koozy
 

Re: Fargo Flyers best junior gold team ever?

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:18 pm

#18 wrote:Best team ever yes I think so every line contributes and I don't remeber scores like these against the better teams like sidney and watford... now crosby has always been absoultly destroyed almost every year, but 24 to 2 come on watch out for the flyers they are very special at least for the first time ive seen them


no not even close. ive seen better.
Stormtrooper
 

PreviousNext

Return to NDAHA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest