Top Jr gold players?

throughout the state

Re: Top Jr gold players?

Postby hockeystar11 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:03 pm

nobody said skarda "was the best" they were just sayin that he is a good player.
hockeystar11

Postby dcs01 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:15 pm

jake klingbeil would OWN that laraway kid
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WPower » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Laraway also has a lot more help on his team than Skarda. I'm not saying that Laraway doesn't deserve the credit he's getting, but you guys are really ripping Skarda for some stuff that he has no control over, I was at the game both penalties were just elbows that got a little high. If you'd have watched any other Watford games, you would have seen that he is definetly the leader on that team, and that that game was just an all around bad effort from Watford.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcfan24 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:21 am

WPower wrote:Laraway also has a lot more help on his team than Skarda. I'm not saying that Laraway doesn't deserve the credit he's getting, but you guys are really ripping Skarda for some stuff that he has no control over, I was at the game both penalties were just elbows that got a little high. If you'd have watched any other Watford games, you would have seen that he is definetly the leader on that team, and that that game was just an all around bad effort from Watford.

I agree with you 100 percent on this one...Skarda has one or two "GOOD" skaters along with him on the WC team. The Flyers team has a pretty even line between their first and fourth line, which again the numbers got brought up.
dcfan24

Postby bigcityhockey » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:06 am

WPower wrote:Laraway also has a lot more help on his team than Skarda. I'm not saying that Laraway doesn't deserve the credit he's getting, but you guys are really ripping Skarda for some stuff that he has no control over, I was at the game both penalties were just elbows that got a little high. If you'd have watched any other Watford games, you would have seen that he is definetly the leader on that team, and that that game was just an all around bad effort from Watford.

In all honesty, arguing about who the best player is completely POINTLESS. The westerners are going to say Skarda is the best but has an unfair place on a team with less skilled players. The people from Langdon will say the same thing about Klingbeil, a good player returning to their team. There are probably a couple of kids in Grand Forks who should be mentioned as well. Don't forget about Park River and their brand new team.

My $.02 on the matter. If you moved Skarda to a different team and removed the name and number from the back, he would be a big player with skill, but you would not notice him as much. He is not much on finesse, etc... Samuelson (spelling?) was the motor behind that line, he was fast and a good puckhandler, Skarda finished the deal. With no Samuelson doing the work, and not as strong of linemates this year, it is tough to finish....... He will still score plenty of goals though I would assume. Laraway is not a Skarda, and Skarda is not a Laraway. They play different styles.

They are all good players, some have strengths where others are weak and vice versa. Be glad they are playing hockey.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports03 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:50 pm

laraway is the best player hands down in the league... no one from crosby is as good as him... mayb those crosby kids are good but they're good in their own town not against others
sports03

Postby sports03 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:53 pm

skarda is good but without samuelson and svihovic (spelling?) he's not much... he's a player that needs help.... i've watched laraway his first year at flyers and he did good by himself so i give the edge to laraway.... if you really want to get into defensmen we know it's all about that number 18 from flyers i think his name is mason kennedy he's got a rocket of a shot and drops kids like none other
sports03

Postby dcfan24 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:45 am

sports03 wrote:laraway is the best player hands down in the league... no one from crosby is as good as him... mayb those crosby kids are good but they're good in their own town not against others

Crosby has a good first line but after that they are hurting. The second and third line skaters have only been skating 2-3 years! Or at least that is what i have heard from our coaches.
dcfan24

Postby AC-DC » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:16 am

sports03 wrote:laraway is the best player hands down in the league... no one from crosby is as good as him... mayb those crosby kids are good but they're good in their own town not against others

The Laraway kid maybe good, personally I don't remember him standing out from the other 17 guys on his team, other than being fed the puck in front of the net.

Talk up your favorite players, but there is no need to blast everyone else. I thought the point of the league was for everyone to play and have fun? If belittling people is your kind of fun, please take it somewhere else.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:58 pm

The Laraway kid maybe good, personally I don't remember him standing out from the other 17 guys on his team, other than being fed the puck in front of the net.

Talk up your favorite players, but there is no need to blast everyone else. I thought the point of the league was for everyone to play and have fun? If belittling people is your kind of fun, please take it somewhere else.[/quote]

Okay......he played 1 and a half periods, had 6. He played 1 period in Sidney, and 2 periods in Watford City. The games were already out of reach, no reason for him to play. I bet his coach would let him and his line play the whole game next time.
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports03 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:41 pm

AC-DC you should go somewhere else cause all your are doing is trying to talk up crosby and just bash big city hockey it's not going away at all so chill and live with it... dont tell me to stop it you are trying to talk bad on laraway everyone knows hes the best in the league think what you want
sports03

Postby AC-DC » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:19 pm

sports03 wrote:AC-DC you should go somewhere else cause all your are doing is trying to talk up crosby and just bash big city hockey it's not going away at all so chill and live with it... dont tell me to stop it you are trying to talk bad on laraway everyone knows hes the best in the league think what you want

What’s really hilarious is, the more garbage you spew forth, the more you prove the bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship of the city clubs.

If Laraway and others are really all that, then why aren’t they playing on the much better high school teams? Can’t stand equal competition? Better to be a big fish in a small pond than get eaten in the larger one? They made a choice, but the kids in the small towns don’t have a choice. That’s the point you’ll never get. These kids are playing a game they love to the best of their ability. The least you can do is to show them some respect.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:46 pm

Lets all start showing some respect and sportsmanship here.

I'm almost regretting making a special place for this forum. It's clear there are some problems (big city vs small town) with the makeup of teams in Jr. Gold hockey, we don't have to be reminded of them in every topic and turn it into trash talk.

How about we just focus on the games and who's playing well?

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sports03 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:14 pm

i have the utmost respect for small towns my family has grown up in them... what i dont have respect for is when people talk about things they dont know or understand... if you dont like hockey in big towns thats a problem for you but you dont have to try to tell the world that big towns like fargo and grand forks shouldn't be able to play smaller towns... i'm sure those teams want good competition just as you do so everyone has a problem you dont have to come on here and talk about those teams like you know whatsup... and about the kids who can play for highschool teams maybe those kids want to play with friends who they've played with when they were younger and ACTUALLY play not sit on the bench at there high school. like i've read you talk about the kid that left crosby being selfish is kind of being a hypocrit cause your talking about south kids leaving high school... you should be happy because highschool kids in fargo are coming back to junior gold.. think about that please before you talk about big city hockey team... thats all i have to say about what you say about big city hockey teams
sports03

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:28 am

What’s really hilarious is, the more garbage you spew forth, the more you prove the bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship of the city clubs.

If Laraway and others are really all that, then why aren’t they playing on the much better high school teams? Can’t stand equal competition? Better to be a big fish in a small pond than get eaten in the larger one? They made a choice, but the kids in the small towns don’t have a choice. That’s the point you’ll never get. These kids are playing a game they love to the best of their ability. The least you can do is to show them some respect.[/quote]

Ever since I remember the kids want to have fun and play with their friends, Laraway wanted to have fun his senior year, so he went to Flyers where most of his friends are. You cant tell me that you son's wouldnt have done the same thing. Let the kids play where they want to be.
RedHotChiliPeppers

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:36 pm

sports03 wrote: like i've read you talk about the kid that left crosby being selfish is kind of being a hypocrit cause your talking about south kids leaving high school...

I think, the point you’re trying to make is, that my points about players not being recognized in Jr Gold and leveling the playing field are mutually exclusive. On the contrary, I would say that having 1 or 2 teams that totally dominate the league does not change the ability or quality of the other players, but actually detracts from the quality of play and leads to good players being over looked. I think there is too much hype over the top teams and players that should probably be in another league and not enough about those that actually deserve it. That’s my opinion and the last I check I was entitled to it, just as you’re entitled to yours. Just keep it clean and don’t get personal.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:20 pm

I think, the point you’re trying to make is, that my points about players not being recognized in Jr Gold and leveling the playing field are mutually exclusive. On the contrary, I would say that having 1 or 2 teams that totally dominate the league does not change the ability or quality of the other players, but actually detracts from the quality of play and leads to good players being over looked. I think there is too much hype over the top teams and players that should probably be in another league and not enough about those that actually deserve it. That’s my opinion and the last I check I was entitled to it, just as you’re entitled to yours. Just keep it clean and don’t get personal.[/quote]

Over looking players who actually deserve it????? Who actually deserves it???? How about giving credit to players who DO NOT DESERVE IT! I've read some of the posts you make. Some of the kids you talk about being top players probably would not make a majority of the other junior gold teams in the state.......... The top players are just that, the top players. The names I read through here I understand to be the likes of Skarda, Otto, Klingbell (sp?), Laraway and probably others on the Fargo team who are overlooked. I bet Grand Forks has some good players as well.

The teams and players that should be in another league, like maybe they should make a junior gold "C" league...... it would have 1, maybe 2 teams in it.....
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedHotChiliPeppers » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:09 pm

I agree with "sioux4ever", I believe that many players on teams are going overlooked. "Skarda" (who people keep braggin up) wouldnt even make the second line on the Flyers. Yes Laraway does score a ton of goals, but I dont think he scored all 47 goals when the Flyers beat Sydney, Watford, and Crosby. I think NO team should ever let in 24 goals, so I think that Crosby is ruled out on best players.
RedHotChiliPeppers

Postby dcs01 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:04 pm

skarda wouldnt even make second line? are you kidding me give him somebody to allow him to make shots and move the puck and hes one of the more dominate skaters in the state.
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcfan24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:05 pm

RedHotChiliPeppers wrote:I agree with "sioux4ever", I believe that many players on teams are going overlooked. "Skarda" (who people keep braggin up) wouldnt even make the second line on the Flyers. Yes Laraway does score a ton of goals, but I dont think he scored all 47 goals when the Flyers beat Sydney, Watford, and Crosby. I think NO team should ever let in 24 goals, so I think that Crosby is ruled out on best players.

You cant judge any one person on a team by the way the score went. From what i have heard from a friend the Crosby goalie was awful he had like a 56% save percentage! And they scored 51 goals against Sidney, WC, and Crosby. I dont think you can say Skarda wouldnt be on even second line. He was the leading scorer on WC two years ago as a sophmore, had like 21 as a freshman, and was right behind Sameulson last year
dcfan24

Postby AC-DC » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:19 pm

RedHotChiliPeppers wrote:I agree with "sioux4ever", I believe that many players on teams are going overlooked. "Skarda" (who people keep braggin up) wouldnt even make the second line on the Flyers. Yes Laraway does score a ton of goals, but I dont think he scored all 47 goals when the Flyers beat Sydney, Watford, and Crosby. I think NO team should ever let in 24 goals, so I think that Crosby is ruled out on best players.

The team has a bad game and possibly season, so you automatically rule out every single player? That is precisely the BS that causes good players to leave the teams that need them and exactly what I’ve been arguing against. I won’t even begin to make excuses for that game. There were a lot of issues that no one on here would give any credit, so I would be wasting my time. It happened, the team failed, but that does not take anything away from any of those players individually. The least you can do is show them some respect and judge them fairly.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:22 pm

Talk up your favorite players, but there is no need to blast everyone else. I thought the point of the league was for everyone to play and have fun? If belittling people is your kind of fun, please take it somewhere else.[/quote]

The point of the league is to play and have fun, EXACTLY!! Everyone knows which posts on here are from kids and which are not. So, a young kid can be on here belittling a player from crosby and you take offense and what not, yet an earlier post of yours says, "If Laraway is so good why is he not playing at a high level..." What level would that be? "A" hockey as a youth in peewees and bantams, DONE, he played A Peewees and Bantams in Jamestown prior to moving to Fargo. Would that be ND Selects? DONE, he made the 1990 North Dakota Select team when ND still made teams that went to tournaments. Would that be South High School? DONE, he made the team and then spoke to the coaches and said he had changed his mind about playing high school and just wanted to continue to play junior gold to how do you put it....PLAY AND HAVE FUN!!!!

At least the excuse can be made for kids who are dumb and make dumb posts. What's yours?
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcfan24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:41 pm

bigcityhockey wrote:Talk up your favorite players, but there is no need to blast everyone else. I thought the point of the league was for everyone to play and have fun? If belittling people is your kind of fun, please take it somewhere else.

The point of the league is to play and have fun, EXACTLY!! Everyone knows which posts on here are from kids and which are not. So, a young kid can be on here belittling a player from crosby and you take offense and what not, yet an earlier post of yours says, "If Laraway is so good why is he not playing at a high level..." What level would that be? "A" hockey as a youth in peewees and bantams, DONE, he played A Peewees and Bantams in Jamestown prior to moving to Fargo. Would that be ND Selects? DONE, he made the 1990 North Dakota Select team when ND still made teams that went to tournaments. Would that be South High School? DONE, he made the team and then spoke to the coaches and said he had changed his mind about playing high school and just wanted to continue to play junior gold to how do you put it....PLAY AND HAVE FUN!!!!

At least the excuse can be made for kids who are dumb and make dumb posts. What's yours?[/quote]

Wow that was a pretty amazing post, but if he was "THAT GOOD" he would play for South, they are at a whole different level than Jr. Gold the game is faster, and requires smarter, and more skilled players. But I can agree with his decision to play on the Flyers so he would get to play lots, since south only plays 1st and 2nd lines in good games. Watch what you say at the bottom we dont need any more topics locked because inappropriate comments, Thanks!
dcfan24

Postby hockeystud6 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:54 pm

mason kennedy defense player of the year?????
hockeystud6

Postby bigcityhockey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:08 pm

hockeystud6 wrote:mason kennedy defense player of the year?????

That is just childish...
bigcityhockey
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to NDAHA