Game updates

Teams of the West Region

Re: Game updates

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Top Shelf wrote:i've watched mandan play a couple of times and i'm not convinced they are a threat. they have one
defensemen that can handle the puck and probably one or two forwards that can catch pass. they
work hard but there just isn't alot of skill on the team. i thought there goalie is so-so but they are winning some games and staying close with the big boys.

i still think the 3 top teams in the west are

1. century
2. williston
3. bottineau

two forwards that can catch a pass? i dont know where your from but get real......as far as bottineau goes im still not sold and I can garantee you mandan will AT LEAST split with them. With the west being what it is this year mandan has a great chance to make state. Right now id put them 3rd or 4th behind williston and century and MAYBE Bismarck. I cant put minot up here due simply to the fact that they lost to jamestown
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:i've watched mandan play a couple of times and i'm not convinced they are a threat. they have one
defensemen that can handle the puck and probably one or two forwards that can catch pass. they
work hard but there just isn't alot of skill on the team. i thought there goalie is so-so but they are winning some games and staying close with the big boys.

1. century
2. williston
3. bottineau

two forwards that can catch a pass? i dont know where your from but get real......as far as bottineau goes im still not sold and I can garantee you mandan will AT LEAST split with them. With the west being what it is this year mandan has a great chance to make state. Right now id put them 3rd or 4th behind williston and century and MAYBE Bismarck. I cant put minot up here due simply to the fact that they lost to jamestown

Well if you are going to say you can't put Minot in there b/c they lost to Jamestown, how do you put BHS in there? They lost to Minot. If you are going by who beats who you are kind of contradicting yourself. Century and Williston are top 2. #3 - 6 could be anyone. Right now it looks like Bott, Mandan, Minot and BHS will battle for the 3-4 spots. I think that it will be a very close race between those 4 teams.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:42 am

i can see your point. But its hard to imagine a good team losing to jamestown. it sounds like bhs just lost a tough one to minot. and if you think chs and williston are the top 2 teams then mandan is right there because they lost a one goal game to williston and a 2 goal game(empty net with .8 left) to chs. Those are the only teams they've lost to so far.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:42 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:

1. century
2. williston
3. bottineau

Looks like we have a Mandan player/fan calling out a Bottineau player/fan not picking sides here but I hope you can back up the imo very bold statement about the split between the 2.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:43 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:i can see your point. But its hard to imagine a good team losing to jamestown. it sounds like bhs just lost a tough one to minot. and if you think chs and williston are the top 2 teams then mandan is right there because they lost a one goal game to williston and a 2 goal game(empty net with .8 left) to chs. Those are the only teams they've lost to so far.

If you think Mandan is right there cause they lost 1 and 2 goal games against the top 2 in the west then u should put Bottineau right with them. They lost a 1 goal to Willy and 3 goal to Century, or how about Minot, they beat Willy. Do I think Minot is a top 4 team in the west? No I don't. Will they challenge for a top 4 spot ? Maybe. You can't go by a team playing someone close. Bottineau needs goaltending if they are going to go anywhere. Mandan has surprised me so far, from what I hear they work real hard and that can be scary for a team that lets them hang around. I really think Bottineau is more skilled than Mandan is up front but Bottineau has some players that will quit if things don't go there way. Should be some interesting games between these to teams.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 pm

BHS dominated CHS tonight 5-2.... thoughts? maybe bhs will contend come tourney time.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:02 pm

goteam11 wrote:BHS dominated CHS tonight 5-2.... thoughts? maybe bhs will contend come tourney time.

Wow! I didn't expect that.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:07 am

ih8gophers wrote:
goteam11 wrote:BHS dominated CHS tonight 5-2.... thoughts? maybe bhs will contend come tourney time.

im not so sure anyone expected it, anyone at the game that can provide some insight?
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:39 am

goteam11 wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:

im not so sure anyone expected it, anyone at the game that can provide some insight?

century came out fast and was up 2-0 after the first, in the second bismarck started trapping and took control of the game. Their first two goals were on rebounds but their third was a nice one timer from the corner by krueger.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 am

ih8gophers wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:i can see your point. But its hard to imagine a good team losing to jamestown. it sounds like bhs just lost a tough one to minot. and if you think chs and williston are the top 2 teams then mandan is right there because they lost a one goal game to williston and a 2 goal game(empty net with .8 left) to chs. Those are the only teams they've lost to so far.

If you think Mandan is right there cause they lost 1 and 2 goal games against the top 2 in the west then u should put Bottineau right with them. They lost a 1 goal to Willy and 3 goal to Century, or how about Minot, they beat Willy. Do I think Minot is a top 4 team in the west? No I don't. Will they challenge for a top 4 spot ? Maybe. You can't go by a team playing someone close. Bottineau needs goaltending if they are going to go anywhere. Mandan has surprised me so far, from what I hear they work real hard and that can be scary for a team that lets them hang around. I really think Bottineau is more skilled than Mandan is up front but Bottineau has some players that will quit if things don't go there way. Should be some interesting games between these to teams.

i was at the williston and mandan game. score was close but williston dominated the play and mandan maybe controlled the last 5 minutes. i don't see why people think they are soo good other than the fact that you are from mandan. i watch them play and wonder what drills they did growing up, because there hand skills are lacking. like i already said, they work hard and find a way to hang around long enough to give themselves a chance to win. i don't think they will make state, there just isn't enough there.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 am

Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

1. century
2. williston
3. bottineau

Looks like we have a Mandan player/fan calling out a Bottineau player/fan not picking sides here but I hope you can back up the imo very bold statement about the split between the 2.

hey boys, i'm from bismarck. i watch alot of hockey, especially high school. i've noticed over the years when bottineau, hazen, or dickinson have good years nobody gives them any respect. when herbal won mr. hockey people said the talent was down. when dickinson had a good year, it was the teams are down. i notice bottineau has a good team and i give them my respect. keep in mind that bottineau and centruy have the same number of state tournament appearances (i think). a town the size of bottineau, 2500 people has the same number of state tournament appearances as some of the bigger towns. imagine if you multiplied there population by 3 or 4 how good they would be and still have under 10,000 people and the same goes for hazen.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Clark17 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:25 am

goteam11 wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:

I found something interesting. CHS's schedule that past two weeks is similar to a Jr. schedule. 8 games in 13 days, and some of the games are against premier opponents. I noticed this a couple weeks ago and thought why would thay play so many games in a relatively short amount of time? That's almost a third of the season. Where they a little fatigued? BHS had 5 games in the past 13 days with a weekend off over the duration. Not to take anything away from BHS, they beat a good team soundly.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

Clark17 wrote:
goteam11 wrote:
ih8gophers wrote:

I found something interesting. CHS's schedule that past two weeks is similar to a Jr. schedule. 8 games in 13 days, and some of the games are against premier opponents. I noticed this a couple weeks ago and thought why would thay play so many games in a relatively short amount of time? That's almost a third of the season. Where they a little fatigued? BHS had 5 games in the past 13 days with a weekend off over the duration. Not to take anything away from BHS, they beat a good team soundly.

Alot of it is because both CHS and BHS went to a holiday tourney in gf which they dont usually go to. but on the other side, both teams each played a game thursday, friday, and saturday. no matter what though, highschool kids should have enough left in the tank to play a hard game against their crosstown rivals... especially when it will be the last time they skate before the holiday break.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Top Shelf wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

1. century
2. williston
3. bottineau

hey boys, i'm from bismarck. i watch alot of hockey, especially high school. i've noticed over the years when bottineau, hazen, or dickinson have good years nobody gives them any respect. when herbal won mr. hockey people said the talent was down. when dickinson had a good year, it was the teams are down. i notice bottineau has a good team and i give them my respect. keep in mind that bottineau and centruy have the same number of state tournament appearances (i think). a town the size of bottineau, 2500 people has the same number of state tournament appearances as some of the bigger towns. imagine if you multiplied there population by 3 or 4 how good they would be and still have under 10,000 people and the same goes for hazen.

The only reason bottineau would have the same amount of state appearances is because theyve had hockey for way longer
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheBroadstreetBully » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 pm

Score of mandan vs bhs?
TheBroadstreetBully
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MoSiouxFan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:20 am

Devils Lake-Jamestown?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MoSiouxFan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:52 am

TheBroadstreetBully wrote:Score of mandan vs bhs?

2-1, Bismarck.
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ih8gophers » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Bottineau over Dickinson 10-4 today. Sounds like it was a close game scorewise untill the 3rd period.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby AvsFan155 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:33 pm

5-2 bismarck over Hazen Beulah
Bismarck scores 5th goal after goalie was pulled
AvsFan155
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ih8gophers » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Minot over Mandan 8-7 in ot. Mandan was up 3-1 in the first thats all I really know.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Century vs. Minot tonight in a west region matchup i think Century will take it to the Magi winning 4-1
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gr8HockeyMind » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:41 pm

I agree that Century will get the edge, but it will be more like a 5-4 or 4-3 game. Minot is getting a lot of chances, from their forwards and defence, and putting the puck in the net. They will not be held to only one goal.
Gr8HockeyMind
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:49 pm

BHS 4 Jamestown 0
CHS 3 Minot 0...I left this game with about a minute left not positive it ended 3-0.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Devon Butz now becoming the Patriots number1 goalie with that shut out last night.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby ih8gophers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Bottineau over Hazen 10- 6.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to WDA