MSU Bottineau

Teams of the West Region

MSU Bottineau

Postby sioux_16 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am

I know alot of players want to play hockey after highschool but they want to go to school too. So many skaters from the west that I know of are looking to go to MSU bottineau to play next year. What are your thoughts on playing for bottineau?
sioux_16
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:18 am

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:01 pm

i personally had the chance to go play for the lumberjacks but with the team being located in bottineau there is no way i could have lived there. If you can handle living in bottineau then i think its a good thing to do but at the same time i think its kinda holding onto the game a little too much. if your not getting a good education at the school then your just wasting your time there. I also think if your good enough youd be alot better off trying out for the bobcats(nahl) where there is possibly more of a future after you play there.
User avatar
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby sportsallday » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:14 am

i would have to agree unless your really good and have a good chance at going D1 you should probably try to get a good education while playing hockey instead of just living the dream and basically waisting a few years of your life not wanting to let go of hockey even though i have to say the lumberjacks are a pretty decent team for there league and have quite a few natioal championships
User avatar
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:12 am

sportsallday wrote:i would have to agree unless your really good and have a good chance at going D1 you should probably try to get a good education while playing hockey instead of just living the dream and basically waisting a few years of your life not wanting to let go of hockey even though i have to say the lumberjacks are a pretty decent team for there league and have quite a few natioal championships

it's not hard to be good when there is not legit competition
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby Keyz20 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 am

i know someone that plays there and he loves it...he said he likes the coaches, the organization and since they won nationals this year hes havin more fun and lovin playin for them even more...but i can't imagine how boring it is to live there
"Hold The Rope"
User avatar
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Keyz20 wrote:i know someone that plays there and he loves it...he said he likes the coaches, the organization and since they won nationals this year hes havin more fun and lovin playin for them even more...but i can't imagine how boring it is to live there

i knew a guy that played there as well, he said they did alot of border runs during the week to have fun. I guess they have american night up across the border.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby Clark17 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
sportsallday wrote:i would have to agree unless your really good and have a good chance at going D1 you should probably try to get a good education while playing hockey instead of just living the dream and basically waisting a few years of your life not wanting to let go of hockey even though i have to say the lumberjacks are a pretty decent team for there league and have quite a few natioal championships

it's not hard to be good when there is not legit competition

The Minnesota teams dropping their programs has been tough for the Jacks. Don't, however, say they don't play legitamate competition. The staff puts together a very good schedule which is very competitive. A few AAA Senior teams and Shattuck to name a few. In the past they have played D-3 varsity and Junior A teams and have been competitive with them also. I know you're proably refering to the other teams that participate in th NJCAA and yes the teams fall off with the exception of the Jacks and one or two others. Just the way it is I guess, still a nice fit for some.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:45 am

Re: MSU Bottineau

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:21 pm

sioux_16 wrote:I know alot of players want to play hockey after highschool but they want to go to school too. So many skaters from the west that I know of are looking to go to MSU bottineau to play next year. What are your thoughts on playing for bottineau?



My advice to anyone thinking about it would be to tell them to go visit the campus and take a tour. Don't regret not looking into something because of what some guy on a message board says. Make your own choice, but first get off your butt and go there and ask some questions.
User avatar
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2115
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:35 am
Location: Fargo


Return to WDA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest