All state team?

Teams of the West Region

All state team?

Postby sioux_16 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:44 am

Who do you think will make the all state team?
sioux_16
NDPreps Reserve

Re: All state team?

Postby sioux_16 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:50 am

from the west I think Bryce schmitt from minot, cote dickerson from williston ,Kyle stephans from minot ,Brett fiddler from minot , Kellen Tollefson from minot, Romonick from bhs, Patrick Anderson from bhs, and Richter from bhs
sioux_16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Shanny69 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:43 am

I think your forgetting Jordon Nelson and Jake Axtman from williston both are just as good if not better then dickerson.
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsDoc » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 am

Also, Riley Olson (F) and Landenburger (G) from Hazen/Beulah have to be considered.

Yes, especially lately, Axtman has been Williston's best player, and I think Alex Hanson (D) has to be considered. He is the best D-man in the West outside of Romanick to me.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 am

SportsDoc wrote:Also, Riley Olson (F) and Landenburger (G) from Hazen/Beulah have to be considered.

Yes, especially lately, Axtman has been Williston's best player, and I think Alex Hanson (D) has to be considered. He is the best D-man in the West outside of Romanick to me.

considering hazen didn't make it...it isn't going to happen
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby the_truth_hurts » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:22 pm

SportsDoc wrote:Also, Riley Olson (F) and Landenburger (G) from Hazen/Beulah have to be considered.

tyler peterson?
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shanny69 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 pm

yeah i wouldnt put Hanson at the number 2 D man in the west, cause bismarck has awsome depth in defense. but i would put him in the top 5, 4 sure he is the best outside of bismarck tho. next year i would consider him all-state.
Shanny69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyplaya » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:10 am

Anyone surprised about the All-State team??? I just took a quick look and noticed that Jordan Nelson from Williston was not on it, along with Cote Dickerson who were both tied for 4th place in points in the state. They could also have been higher because everyone above them has 3 more games played than them. Seemed like both of them should have been on it instead of Riley Olson from Hazen/Beulah, or even Bryce Schmitt from Minot, yeah he had a good WDA and state tournament, but not much else during the whole year, did not really stand out except for the end of the year...at WDA mostly, and since this is suppose to be picked for outstanding players throughout the year, I just didn't think he played as well as other kids did. Also noticed that Jake Axtman on the list, he is a foward not a defense, just wondering if that was a typo.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:14 am

a typo? you have to be joking bryce schmitt would dominate all three of those guys you must only look at points and ya they had quite a few points but mainly cause everytime someone scored they were at the ref begging for assists even if there obviously wasnt one when williston played minot in minot they were shut down didnt get a single point and at wda bryce ripped them abart walking around them like they were cones out there and scoring 5 goals haha you must be from williston if not one of those players
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:14 pm

the typo is that jake axtman is not a defense as listed on the all-state team, and you must be from minot because it sounds like you think schmitt is god. If you think that he can walk all over those guys from Williston you are very very wrong. I do not look at just points, points are a very small part of what makes a good hockey player if none at all. The only thing Schmitt does is offense, he reminds me of herbal from bottineau a couple years back. He only tried when the puck was in his possession. About this begging for assists...when was this...ever...I do not recall, this actually sounds like kids from minot do...lol. I heard stories about willert when he played they would just tack on an assist for him to make him look better, sometimes he wasn't even on the ice. Schmitt also should of never had 5 goals...that is a coaching error my friend. Should of had just one guy on Schmitt all night getting into his head and not let him touch the puck all game. BAM Minot loss. That simple.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:the typo is that jake axtman is not a defense as listed on the all-state team, and you must be from minot because it sounds like you think schmitt is god. If you think that he can walk all over those guys from Williston you are very very wrong. I do not look at just points, points are a very small part of what makes a good hockey player if none at all. The only thing Schmitt does is offense, he reminds me of herbal from bottineau a couple years back. He only tried when the puck was in his possession. About this begging for assists...when was this...ever...I do not recall, this actually sounds like kids from minot do...lol. I heard stories about willert when he played they would just tack on an assist for him to make him look better, sometimes he wasn't even on the ice. Schmitt also should of never had 5 goals...that is a coaching error my friend. Should of had just one guy on Schmitt all night getting into his head and not let him touch the puck all game. BAM Minot loss. That simple.

Well see here's the thing, BAM Schmidt HAD 5 goals in that one game....He is above and beyond one of the best players in the west....you dont look at points? why were you complaning on how those 2 from willy are 4th in points than? I bet Schmidt doesn't mind getting compared to a former Mr. Hockey...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Leprekan317 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm gonna have to agree that Jordan Nelson and Cote Dickerson got snubbed, it's not to take away from anyone that made the team, but they both averaged 2 points per game, the only two other players to average better than that were Ladouceur and Crary. They helped form arguably one of the most dangerous lines in the state with Axtman. Once again, I'm not suggesting any of the players on the All-State team should be replaced, just that it seems that those two should have been included after a very successful season, being one of only two teams to beat Bismarck and all.
Leprekan317
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:27 am

hockeyplaya wrote:..the typo is that jake axtman is not a defense as listed on the all-state team, and you must be from minot because it sounds like you think schmitt is god. If you think that he can walk all over those guys from Williston you are very very wrong. I do not look at just points, points are a very small part of what makes a good hockey player if none at all. The only thing Schmitt does is offense, he reminds me of herbal from bottineau a couple years back. He only tried when the puck was in his possession. About this begging for assists...when was this...ever...I do not recall, this actually sounds like kids from minot do...lol. I heard stories about willert when he played they would just tack on an assist for him to make him look better, sometimes he wasn't even on the ice. Schmitt also should of never had 5 goals...that is a coaching error my friend. Should of had just one guy on Schmitt all night getting into his head and not let him touch the puck all game. BAM Minot loss. That simple.

first of all dont call me your friend and should not deserve to even have an account of here because putting one guy on shmitt haha williston usually had three on him and still couldnt stop him and your also saying that eliminating shimitt from the team by making someone cover him the whole game(even tho that would never work) would of made williston win well if minot was that bad without schmitt but with him they put williston into runtime that also means he is one heck of a player and you even compared him to a former mr. hockey player people dont get that award by sucking at hockey and probably the thing that makes you the dumbest of all saying willert had to beg for a assist to make him look better well buddy he is now playing D1 hockey and thats huge accomplishment for anyone umm ya i dont think he needed a extra assists to make him look better in high school and while im correcting you i will add one last thing, take a look at dickerson, nelson, and axtmans points all three of them have just as many assists if not more than what they have goals haha and there not begging for assists heck minots goalie had an assists all he had to do was give it to schmitt but now look at schmitts points he has double the amount of goals he does assists and just as many points as those williston kids so buddy come to reality schmitt easyily dominates them
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I wouldn't go that far, right now this is a Willy player vs. a Minot player in argument, from a "neutral party" I say schmidt is the best of the 4, He has proven that already. I also feel Axtman was the best from Willy...Both of those players were really the only ones (other than meddler from Minot) that showed up to play at WDA.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Z Scout » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:41 pm

LOVED Saucesauers coment!... I agree. Schmidtt is definetely better than all three of the players from Williston. NOT saying that nelson or dickerson shouldn't be on it, but you also cannot take one line from willy and just place it on the all-state team. Riley Olson on the other hand single-handedly lead the Hazen Buelah squad along with their tendy. As for the Williston situation, I'm guessing it came down to pick one player from that line and it ended up being Axtman which I believe was probably the best choice. If Dickerson and Nelson are as good as they are being talked about then they have next year to truly prove themselves.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trinity9 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:08 pm

schimtt is a good offensive player. but he doesnt play 2 ways. i watched him west region and the whole state tournament. He never once went in a corner. they cherry pick him in the defesive zone and if the offensive zone the 2 wings do all his work and try to give him the puck. i think he is a little over rated.
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DefenseFirst » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Yeah very true. He is basically just an offensive player who doesn't really backcheck but stays high looking for an outlet pass, but that is what the coach feels is the best way to play him and I really can't disagree with that strategy because it works. He is basically there only offensive threat.
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:08 pm

DefenseFirst wrote:Yeah very true. He is basically just an offensive player who doesn't really backcheck but stays high looking for an outlet pass, but that is what the coach feels is the best way to play him and I really can't disagree with that strategy because it works. He is basically there only offensive threat.

thats because his job is to score goals. isnt that why they put you with certain linemates? one guy can pass really good, a kid who has a great shot, and a kid who digs it out in the corners? down the road hes going to need to be better at both ends of the ice, but hes a scorer can you blame him? not saying willys kids struggle, they get their points differently. idk why you guys are comparing, everyone is different at finding ways to put points up. My bad d first didnt mean to say you were comparing.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsallday » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:31 pm

yes i will say i am a alumni of the magicians and dont get me wrong i wasnt saying schmitt is the best kid in the state or anything but just saying he is better than those three williston kids and rightfully deserved his spot on the all-state team i am happy for him and everyone who made the team they are all very talented althletes and hopefully having this many neutral users agree with me it will get hockeyplaya to quite talking his teammates or maybe even himself up like they dominate everybody
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 pm

I also think Bryce Schmitt is deserving of the all-state team. more so than dickerson and nelson. axtman was the best player on williston.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:49 am

I honestly thought Jordan Nelson was the best forward on Williston. He got a lot of attention for his shot and playmaking, but he was a better two-way player than he got credit for. Not really extremely physical, but very good at positioning and grabbing loose pucks in the defensive zone, pretty strong at killing penalties.

But Axtman, Nelson and Dickerson formed a line that really fit well together, and none of them would have been as good without the others.

I certainly won't say Axtman wasn't deserving. He played good, physical defense and still found time to finish a lot of plays.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Return to WDA