WDA time.

Teams of the West Region

WDA time.

Postby hockeyfan741 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:52 pm

What do you think the outcome will be in the WDA tournament?
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Re: WDA time.

Postby Orr4 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 pm

I think Century and Minot are gonna win the play-in games and Bismarck High and Williston are gonna battle for whose gonna be #1 in the west.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby clutch24 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Bismarck High will win it. I see Minot, Century, and Williston all being a toss up for the 2-4 spots.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargohockey1093 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 pm

The bismark's for the championship
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyidol12 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 pm

BHS n Williston for the championship
Century n Minot top four
hockeyidol12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Eleven » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm

1. BHS vs 8. Jamestown
4. Minot vs 5. Mandan
2. Williston vs 7. Hazen
3. CHS vs 6. Bottineau

1. BHS vs 4. Minot
2. Williston vs 3. CHS
5. Mandan vs 8. Jamestown
6. Bottineau vs 7. Hazen

1. BHS vs 2. Williston WDA Chip
3. CHS vs 6. Bottineau
4. Minot vs 5. Mandan

1. BHS
2. Williston
3. CHS
4. Minot

Just as they came into WDA. I think that best game will be the CHS vs Williston game. I just think that the top 4 teams are to much for the bottom 4.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 pm

actually unless minot loses a game this week vs either bottinue or hazen and century beats williston in williston then minot is going to be the 3 seed going into wda and century is 4th seed which is probably going to happen cause i dont see either of those happening yet less both
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:19 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:The bismark's for the championship

haha ya right my prediction is century isnt even going to state this year cause there gonna be in a tough battle vs mandan first round and going to win that one but then lose there next one to bhs then lose again to either minot or williston and take 4th in wda and its only the 1 2 3 5 spots that go to state, same thing that happened to minot last year they beat century first round and then lost there next two and took fourth and century went to state and minot didnt
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 pm

sportsallday wrote:

haha ya right my prediction is century isnt even going to state this year cause there gonna be in a tough battle vs mandan first round and going to win that one but then lose there next one to bhs then lose again to either minot or williston and take 4th in wda and its only the 1 2 3 5 spots that go to state, same thing that happened to minot last year they beat century first round and then lost there next two and took fourth and century went to state and minot didnt

Your a idiot...are you sure you played hockey? First of all if none of the top 4 seeds lose first round it will be BHS vs CHS Minot vs Willy...K lets say BHS and Willy win than CHS plays the winner of the 6 and seven seeds or in other words the winner between the teams that lost to minot and willy and the winner of CHS vs 6,7 teams goes to state....Now other bracket minot plays the winner of the 5 and 8 seed with the winner going to state its called cross bracketing there is no 3rd or 4th at WDA its Champion, Runner up, state qualifier, state qualifier. Why would Minot go to state last year if they lost 2 games at WDA? Heres how you have to look at this win any 2 games before you lose any 2 and your going to state.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyfan741 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:18 pm

i think willy and BHS in the ship
Saucesauer wrote:
sportsallday wrote:

Your a idiot...are you sure you played hockey? First of all if none of the top 4 seeds lose first round it will be BHS vs CHS Minot vs Willy...K lets say BHS and Willy win than CHS plays the winner of the 6 and seven seeds or in other words the winner between the teams that lost to minot and willy and the winner of CHS vs 6,7 teams goes to state....Now other bracket minot plays the winner of the 5 and 8 seed with the winner going to state its called cross bracketing there is no 3rd or 4th at WDA its Champion, Runner up, state qualifier, state qualifier. Why would Minot go to state last year if they lost 2 games at WDA? Heres how you have to look at this win any 2 games before you lose any 2 and your going to state.
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:54 am

Saucesauer wrote:
sportsallday wrote:

ya i did and the years i played we always went straight to the championship so i didnt have to worry about the whole coss bracketing thing for who played who to go to state as u obviously did have to
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:20 am

(1) BHS 9 (8) Dickinson 2
(2) Willy 5 (7) Bottno 1
(3) Minot 6 (6) Hazen 2
(4) CHS 5 (5) Mandan 3

Semi's
(1) BHS 6 (4) CHS 3
(3) Minot 3 (2) Willy 2 Overtime

Loser-Out
(6) Hazen 3 (7) Bottno 1
(5) Mandan 3 (8) Dickinson 2

Championship
(1) BHS 4 (3) Minot 3

Qualifying

(2) Willy 5 (5) Mandan 2
(4) CHS 6 (6) Bottno 1
Last edited by the_truth_hurts on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsDoc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:33 am

If there are no upsets, there is still one big game to decide seedings, that is Thursday's Century at Williston game. If Williston wins, Minot will be a three seed and Century a four. If Century wins, Williston will be the three seed and Minot falls to four. Those are big issues, because though I think those four will advance, you want to be a one or two to probably avoid a first round matchup with Fargo South for sure.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:22 am

SportsDoc wrote:If there are no upsets, there is still one big game to decide seedings, that is Thursday's Century at Williston game. If Williston wins, Minot will be a three seed and Century a four. If Century wins, Williston will be the three seed and Minot falls to four. Those are big issues, because though I think those four will advance, you want to be a one or two to probably avoid a first round matchup with Fargo South for sure.

Not possible, Willy is sitting on 26 points, CHS has 23, and Minot has 19 with 3 games left to play if both teams win out CHS will have 25 points and Minot will have 25 points, the only movement is in the 3 and 4 seeds and the 7, 8 seeds.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SportsDoc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

Saucesauer wrote:
SportsDoc wrote:If there are no upsets, there is still one big game to decide seedings, that is Thursday's Century at Williston game. If Williston wins, Minot will be a three seed and Century a four. If Century wins, Williston will be the three seed and Minot falls to four. Those are big issues, because though I think those four will advance, you want to be a one or two to probably avoid a first round matchup with Fargo South for sure.

Not possible, Willy is sitting on 26 points, CHS has 23, and Minot has 19 with 3 games left to play if both teams win out CHS will have 25 points and Minot will have 25 points, the only movement is in the 3 and 4 seeds and the 7, 8 seeds.

You're right. I thought Century still had another game besides Williston, but I see they do not. So Williston will be #2 no matter what, and Minot wins tie-breaker with Century. Thanks for the correction.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyplaya » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm

SportsDoc wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

You're right. I thought Century still had another game besides Williston, but I see they do not. So Williston will be #2 no matter what, and Minot wins tie-breaker with Century. Thanks for the correction.

Can't Century still become number two if they win out? Century has only played Hazen/Beulah once, and with 23 pts that would put them up to 27, 1 pt. over Williston.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:52 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:
SportsDoc wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Can't Century still become number two if they win out? Century has only played Hazen/Beulah once, and with 23 pts that would put them up to 27, 1 pt. over Williston.

CHS played Hazen with their JV team the first time for 2 points the only game they have left is Willy CHS can go no higher than 3 and no lower than 4 NO matter what!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby clutch24 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 pm

I'm still not sold on the Bismarck vs. Williston championship. Williston plays a different game away from their home ice.. I could see Minot slipping in their and taking the 2 seed.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:08 am

clutch24 wrote:I'm still not sold on the Bismarck vs. Williston championship. Williston plays a different game away from their home ice.. I could see Minot slipping in their and taking the 2 seed.

Everyone plays a different game when their not on their home ice. When its going to be on neutral ice, I think Willy has it.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyfan741 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 am

Either way its gonna be a fun tourney to watch.
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:49 am

hockeyplaya wrote:
clutch24 wrote:I'm still not sold on the Bismarck vs. Williston championship. Williston plays a different game away from their home ice.. I could see Minot slipping in their and taking the 2 seed.

Everyone plays a different game when their not on their home ice. When its going to be on neutral ice, I think Willy has it.

I am not sure but I have heard from a couple people, isn't WDA in Bismarck this year? I thought it was in Minot but am not sure anymore.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SportsDoc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:22 am

It's in Bismarck.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:42 am

SportsDoc wrote:It's in Bismarck.

Any reason why? I thought it rotated every 2 years, and it was only in Minot 1...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SportsDoc » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
SportsDoc wrote:It's in Bismarck.

Any reason why? I thought it rotated every 2 years, and it was only in Minot 1...

I don't know why they rotate any specific way. I do know when State wrestling is in either Minot or Bismarck, WDA hockey will not be there with it. This year, though, State wrestling is in Fargo, so that is a non-issue.

I also know that NDHSAA sets sites for State Tournaments, but lets each Region set its own sites for their respective Regionals. Now, whether its coaches or AD's who set those Hockey sites, I don't know.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BHS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm pretty sure they switch between bismarck and minot every year not every 2
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to WDA