williston?

Teams of the West Region

williston?

Postby trinity9 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 pm

williston tonight almost lost to hazen. 3-2 OT they won. but only with a goal in the last 2 minutes to take it into overtime.
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Re: williston?

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:15 am

I have been saying it all season...Willy is not that good, but let me guess that butt kicking Minot delivered them really held them back today right?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:26 am

they play mandan tomorow. mandan beat bottineau 3-1 tonight so theyll have some confidence. this is a big game for both teams.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4thliner » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:02 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:they play mandan tomorow. mandan beat bottineau 3-1 tonight so theyll have some confidence. this is a big game for both teams.

if you only beat bottineau by 2 i wouldnt think thats a big confidence booster :?
4thliner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 pm

williston beat mandan tonight 5-3
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan741 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:12 am

it was a good game, but williston wanted it more
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:30 pm

trinity9 wrote:williston tonight almost lost to hazen. 3-2 OT they won. but only with a goal in the last 2 minutes to take it into overtime.

well i saw the stat sheet and williston out shot them 37-9...so i guess it was a lop sided game to say the least....hazens goalie must of had an outstanding game
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan741 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:01 pm

yeah Hazen goalie played a great game, williston had lots of chances. the outshot them 18-0 in the 3rd
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Williston has been playing games closer on the scoreboard that weren't really close lately.

It was only 3-2 Williston for the first 16 minutes of the third period against Mandan, but they were never really in trouble. They were just content to keep the puck in the offensive zone and throw shots at the net without taking any risks that might leave them out of position defensively. Mandan was only down one but never really threatened to turn it around.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsDoc » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Saucesauer wrote:I have been saying it all season...Willy is not that good, but let me guess that butt kicking Minot delivered them really held them back today right?

So, since Mandan took BHS to OT last night, then BHS is not that good either, right? What's good for the goose ...
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 am

SportsDoc wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:I have been saying it all season...Willy is not that good, but let me guess that butt kicking Minot delivered them really held them back today right?

So, since Mandan took BHS to OT last night, then BHS is not that good either, right? What's good for the goose ...

BHS has been playing some of the worst hockey I have ever seen after their last win aginst CHS...than Again it doesnt help that 3 of their best players have been playing with mono scince that game (Richter, Hochhalter, Anderson) and 1 of their key d men has been sidelined scince that CHS game with mono (Romanick).
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsallday » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:06 am

no if a player has mono they can't play for a mininum of 10 days due to a enlarged splean and to the best of my knowledge romanick is the only one who has missed games and to my knowledge has mono the rest of them may be fighting the common cold or something but pretty sure they dont have mono
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 am

sportsallday wrote:no if a player has mono they can't play for a mininum of 10 days due to a enlarged splean and to the best of my knowledge romanick is the only one who has missed games and to my knowledge has mono the rest of them may be fighting the common cold or something but pretty sure they dont have mono

I am just giving you what I have heard from players of the team naturally this is all second hand info.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SportsDoc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:08 am

Saucesauer wrote:
sportsallday wrote:no if a player has mono they can't play for a mininum of 10 days due to a enlarged splean and to the best of my knowledge romanick is the only one who has missed games and to my knowledge has mono the rest of them may be fighting the common cold or something but pretty sure they dont have mono

I am just giving you what I have heard from players of the team naturally this is all second hand info.

There are varying degrees of seriousness with any virus, including Mono. Steve Mason, Columbus Blue Jackets goalie, is playing every day with Mono right now.

If you have a severe case, you do have to worry about the enlarged spleen and consequences from that include avoiding contact until the spleen returns to normal size, which can take up to a month after the mono is over. Add to that the loss of energy and inability to work out, and a player can lose significant body mass that could not be recovered for up to a year for some teenagers.

In less severe cases, it is not a lot different from a severe cold. In those cases, it is not always easy to get a firm diagnosis, either. If Romanick has a sever case, his season could be in jeopardy, which would be too bad for such a quality player.

It is always the hope that every team is able to field their best roster during the season, especially at tournament time, so I hope BHS is able to be at their peak in late February (and all the other teams, too), so that the best four teams advance to State from each Conference.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Return to WDA