Week Two

Teams of the West Region

Week Two

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Was at the Mandan CHS game until about 8 min left in the second before i got called into work. tied at 3's when i left. CHS was up 1-0 when I got there and I think Mandan took 3 shots on net and had 3 goals. CHS had 2 PP goals dont know how they got their first one, CHS goalie very weak couldnt tell about Mandans i think every shot he had that didnt go in went directly into his chest/stomach, teams seem even neither had the edge. Thats about all i got so far.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Week Two

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:28 pm

I think but am NOT POSITIVE but CHS won 5-3 all i can say is I hope the rest of the game did not go on like the first period and a half i hope it was throughly cleaned up by both teams.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:00 am

ya century won 5-3

-Mandan had a 3-1 lead after the first period, one of them a very weak goal

-after the first period mandan was pretty much dominated....they are a very undisiplined team

-this is the first time i have seen century play and i was not impressed.....they had 2 pretty good players in kovar and kusler but after them really no talent.....nobody else on that team seems like they can handle the puck at all.....its like theirs grease on their sticks i swear

-mandans riopelle is a stud same with dobier(walked though everyone on chs for a goal) but after that im not sure if they have any real skill players.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby L91 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Saucesauer wrote:I think but am NOT POSITIVE but CHS won 5-3 all i can say is I hope the rest of the game did not go on like the first period and a half i hope it was throughly cleaned up by both teams.

Cleaned up? I didn't see anything dirty in the game. There were some big hits that mandan recieved penalties for that were completely clean, if thats wat your talking about. Otherwise, I have no idea.
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 4baseball4 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:44 pm

I was at the game and all I saw was #2 for century. He played D. He lit up about 15 kids and besides that i only saw about 5 other big hits.
4baseball4

Postby sportsallday » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 pm

minot is dominating jamestown 5-1 after one period pretty much whole peroid played in jamestown end except for one odd man rush where they scored
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 pm

minot vs. jamestown game just ended with a final score of 9 to 3 minot winning

bismarck high vs. jamestown just ended and final score was 13 to 1 bhs winning
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:26 pm

L91 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:I think but am NOT POSITIVE but CHS won 5-3 all i can say is I hope the rest of the game did not go on like the first period and a half i hope it was throughly cleaned up by both teams.

Cleaned up? I didn't see anything dirty in the game. There were some big hits that mandan recieved penalties for that were completely clean, if thats wat your talking about. Otherwise, I have no idea.

No by cleaned up I felt both teams were playing like a Bantam B game it was sloppy/bad hockey most of the hits i saw were clean but these refs still have no idea how to interperet these new rules so if the fans cheer too loud after a hit it HAS to be a roughing, they need to go back to the old rules (3-4 years ago)
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 pm

BHS 13, Dicky 1.....nuff said
Grant Mindt hat trick
Patrick anderson hat trick
Tyler Richter Play maker.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Saucesauer wrote:BHS 13, Dicky 1.....nuff said
Grant Mindt hat trick
Patrick anderson hat trick
Tyler Richter Play maker.

ya i watched this game bhs was impressive......solid d....hardworking forwards...and some straight up snipers...the only real weakness of this team is in net,

as for jamestown getting beat that is no suprise but 9-3 is a pretty big beat down maybe minot is back on track
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby L91 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:16 am

Saucesauer wrote:No by cleaned up I felt both teams were playing like a Bantam B game it was sloppy/bad hockey most of the hits i saw were clean but these refs still have no idea how to interperet these new rules so if the fans cheer too loud after a hit it HAS to be a roughing, they need to go back to the old rules (3-4 years ago)

K, sorry I misinterpreted that. Also agree on the the reffing, definetly needs to be figured out soon.
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockey4life » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Williston won 5-2 over bott.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby dangler » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:39 pm

BHS 13 Dickinson 1, and dicky is supposedly a middle of the pack WDA team.

Scores could get ugly this year when Bismarck plays any team from the West.

I don't think I'm out there when I say it will be 2 years in a row undefeated against the West. Just hope the State tournament goes better for this team than last year.
dangler

Postby Orr4 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Any update on the Bismarck-Minot game?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsallday » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:24 pm

bismarck won 5-3 pretty good game but both teams struggled with goaltending
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Bismarck got hosed by the minot refs they were calling rediculous penalties including a bench minor which put them into a 5 on 3 for about 3 minutes
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:56 pm

goteam11 wrote:Bismarck got hosed by the minot refs they were calling rediculous penalties including a bench minor which put them into a 5 on 3 for about 3 minutes

even tho i believe the bad reffing im still impressed with any team in the west that can keep it that close with bhs......i think minot is going to be much better than last year
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1athelete » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:30 am

goteam11 wrote:Bismarck got hosed by the minot refs they were calling rediculous penalties including a bench minor which put them into a 5 on 3 for about 3 minutes

Minot has been known for having refs who favor minot high in all sports. This is especially true when playing BHS.
1athelete
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 pm

1athelete wrote:

Minot has been known for having refs who favor minot high in all sports. This is especially true when playing BHS.

most refs favor the home team no matter where you are.....i saw in the paper that penalties were 8 for bhs and 6 for minot so i couldnt have been very bad......all i hear on here is how the refs are so bad but ive been to like 5 hs games this year and i have had no problem with how the reffing has been i just think alot of people are using it as an excuse............the reffings never going to be perfect.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm

1athelete wrote:

Not exactly true. We got more calls on the road this year in football then we did at our home field. Coach Manson last year even brought in Williston refs for the Minot BIsmarck basketball game just to keep it fair. Plus 8 penalties to 6 isn't bad plus the head official on the ice is known for having a loose wistle
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball06 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:51 pm

Conner Kelley of bhs has come out of nowhere and scored 4 goals in 2 games. he's a beast
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Keyz20 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:59 am

MHSfan wrote:
1athelete wrote:

Not exactly true. We got more calls on the road this year in football then we did at our home field. Coach Manson last year even brought in Williston refs for the Minot BIsmarck basketball game just to keep it fair. Plus 8 penalties to 6 isn't bad plus the head official on the ice is known for having a loose wistle

But Sometimes its not the number of penalties, its the time of the game it might come in or how weak the call is and how much they let the home team get away with
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:01 pm

baseball06 wrote:Conner Kelley of bhs has come out of nowhere and scored 4 goals in 2 games. he's a beast

everybody on the bhs roster probobly has at least those stats haha
demon_fan14

Postby Radiation_Roy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:01 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
baseball06 wrote:Conner Kelley of bhs has come out of nowhere and scored 4 goals in 2 games. he's a beast

everybody on the bhs roster probobly has at least those stats haha

haha thats funny..probly true tho
Radiation_Roy

Return to WDA