Opening week

Teams of the West Region

Re: Opening week

Postby hockeyplaya » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:19 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
hockeyplaya wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
hockeyplaya wrote:Demon_fan14, sorry about the miss-info about the score (should of checked sources). The mishap with the goalie shooting the puck into the Mandan player is a one in a million chances...really, when does that ever happen? one minor thing and you bring him down for it? Almost positive that won't happen again. If i'm not mistaken I believe that 2 or 3 of the goals were passes across to the backdoor that a goalie can't really do much about. As for Williston not doing anything spectacular yet...did they not beat the supposedly #1 ranked Demons? Bismarck did really nothing after scoring their first goal. Now to Saucesauer, if you meant the Mandan players' stick falling out of his hands because a Williston player stepped on it while the stick was in the kids hands then yes, this should be a penalty. I don't know what you were watching...as for the penalty on the coach, Mandan's coach was acting like a child most of the game...I thought it was pathetic. I knew a penalty was coming sooner or later, too bad he basically lost it for his kids. For the penalty in ot, this might just be my opinion but if you don't call any penalties in overtime things are just going to get out of hand like some refs let them get. The call was fair get over it.

WOW, are you seriously talking about Willy beating BHS in the jamboree all i know is when i played...which was 05-07 the jamboree didnt mean a thing, unless its changed in the past years, so drop that argument! On to their goalie whats the golden rule in the defensive zone? and the single thing that angers a goalie throwing the puck in front of his net....hmmm I don't think a senior in high school should make these mistakes in the first or last game! As I stated previously, if the refs wouldn't have been making urine poor calls the coach would have nothing to say at at that point in the period with the game on the line tuck your rabbit ears in and let the kids decide! I forgot those were 2 bismarck refs and a williston lineman and by bismarck refs i mean gong shows at least they were from when i played. You as a ref do not decide the game with a penalty in OT unless it is absolutly blatent or a attempt to injure and i saw neither!!!

LOL...if this is who I think it is, did you even get to play in the jamboree, or was that the only game you got to play in? The jamboree starts the year off, lets people know what team is where and what they need to work on...by the looks of it BHS needs to work on ALOT. Stop coming back with let the refs decide. Everyone in the WDA knows that half the games are decided by poor reffing. Get use to it.

Nope, didnt play in the jamboree, Nor the North game, Nor the WF game, nor the first Mandan game, But i did lead CHS in scoring, was on the all WDA tourny team, and HM for WDA, so that should narrow it down quite a bit. Most of the teams in the jamboree are still experimenting with lines and figuing out who has chemistry. The jamboree is worthless, BHS outshot North i believe like 52 -16 with 10 diff players getting points. I am not saying let the refs decide i am saying keep your ears closed and your eyes open for once!

Highheat, that is my fault i got that info second hand and no one corrected me until now so i assumed it was right???

Sorry, but being leading scorer from century does not mean much in my book. Now from the sounds of it North is a stuff team that know one cares about. We'll see what happens when they play I guess.
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby preps12 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:21 pm

[quote="demon_fan14"]okok....there are some things that need to be cleared up

-hockeyplaya...throwing the puck up the middle of the zone leading to a free goal isnt something i would call a "minor mistake"

-gostars....honestly jamestown?...lets get real...shut down one guy and your golden

....and all this talk about the jamboree is ridiculous....they dont even keep score in the games!...i wouldnt doubt it if BHS played like half of their varsity players against williston....to show you how serious it is.....mandan played their jv against hazen even...NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE JAMBOREE

....and why would anyone pick against BHS in the west this year?....they gave up FIVE total shots to fargo north....FIVE....and it looked like they had really balanced scoring this past weekend
...i would be shocked if they did worse than 14-2 or 15-1in the WDA ....personally im predicting 16-0[/quote="Preps12"]
BHS is not that good............... And Jamestown Has a good line-up so Demon_Fan14 shut up
preps12
NDPreps Starter

Postby gostars » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:27 pm

jamestown may only have one superstar...but honestly its the all the other players that do the work and get the puck to him... look at the dickinson game he didnt do anything and they won. some junior scored and a sophmore got the winning goal in the devils lake game. i dont care if he had 4 goals there is still alot of talent on that team!
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 am

preps12 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:okok....there are some things that need to be cleared up

-hockeyplaya...throwing the puck up the middle of the zone leading to a free goal isnt something i would call a "minor mistake"

-gostars....honestly jamestown?...lets get real...shut down one guy and your golden

....and all this talk about the jamboree is ridiculous....they dont even keep score in the games!...i wouldnt doubt it if BHS played like half of their varsity players against williston....to show you how serious it is.....mandan played their jv against hazen even...NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE JAMBOREE

....and why would anyone pick against BHS in the west this year?....they gave up FIVE total shots to fargo north....FIVE....and it looked like they had really balanced scoring this past weekend
...i would be shocked if they did worse than 14-2 or 15-1in the WDA ....personally im predicting 16-0[/quote="Preps12"]
BHS is not that good............... And Jamestown Has a good line-up so Demon_Fan14 shut up

gostars wrote:jamestown may only have one superstar...but honestly its the all the other players that do the work and get the puck to him... look at the dickinson game he didnt do anything and they won. some junior scored and a sophmore got the winning goal in the devils lake game. i dont care if he had 4 goals there is still alot of talent on that team!

Sorry BHS IS THE BEST IN THE WEST!! He had four goals and they beat DL what 5-2 5-3 so take him away and i am assuming they lose 2-1 3-1! Did he have any assists aginst DHS? He IS THE TEAM!!! Jamestown is not a 2 seed sorry!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 am

gostars wrote:jamestown may only have one superstar...but honestly its the all the other players that do the work and get the puck to him... look at the dickinson game he didnt do anything and they won. some junior scored and a sophmore got the winning goal in the devils lake game. i dont care if he had 4 goals there is still alot of talent on that team!

haha....ok so they beat DL and he had 4 goals.....which is impressive against anybody....but even bottineau beat DL......they barely beat a bad dickinson team 1-0 and just because he didnt score their whopping one goal doesnt mean they have a balanced offense......right now paiment's 2/3 of their offense. what do you thinks gonna happen against teams who can score?....bhs, minot, and century are all much better teams.
demon_fan14

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:55 am

preps12 wrote:

name some players in the good line-up...im interested to hear some new names......i know 3 players from jamestown......paiment lindberg and walden thats it....who fills up the rest of this great team?
demon_fan14

Postby Magifan11 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:15 am

Ya I agree paiment is the team you stop him and you got a win just look what Williston did
Magifan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Magifan11 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 am

I also excpect bus century and minot to do the same
Magifan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Keyz20 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:09 pm

yea jamestown....not a contender...just an easy win for everyone
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Keyz20 wrote:yea jamestown....not a contender...just an easy win for everyone

I wouldn't go that far, i do however see them as a 5-7 seed
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gostars » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 am

...i would be shocked if they did worse than 14-2 or 15-1in the WDA ....personally im predicting 16-0

ya jamestown will be good that one guy is not everything he cant just skate the puck end to end like a mite....does he even have a goal in league play? no but he can score tho. he had 4 against DL
gostars
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:20 am

gostars wrote:

...i would be shocked if they did worse than 14-2 or 15-1in the WDA ....personally im predicting 16-0

ya jamestown will be good that one guy is not everything he cant just skate the puck end to end like a mite....does he even have a goal in league play? no but he can score tho. he had 4 against DL

We have established this, we also established he is THE BEST player on their team as well as if you shut him down you shut THE TEAM down!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:58 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Keyz20 wrote:yea jamestown....not a contender...just an easy win for everyone

I wouldn't go that far, i do however see them as a 5-7 seed

5-7 seed really isin't a contender...so....
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby dangler » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:12 pm

After looking at the scoring sheet this past weekend id have to say BHS's goaltending is the only thing that will keep them from making it 2 years straight of going undefeated in the west.

Minus their goalie they have the best lineup in the west by far! 3 solid lines that can score and 4 D-men who can hold their own.

If they get beat by a west team this year I see it being a game where they run into a hot goalie and give up about 10 shots and a few weak ones slip by.

I might sound biased but its pretty much true :D
dangler

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:01 am

dangler wrote:After looking at the scoring sheet this past weekend id have to say BHS's goaltending is the only thing that will keep them from making it 2 years straight of going undefeated in the west.

Minus their goalie they have the best lineup in the west by far! 3 solid lines that can score and 4 D-men who can hold their own.

If they get beat by a west team this year I see it being a game where they run into a hot goalie and give up about 10 shots and a few weak ones slip by.

I might sound biased but its pretty much true :D

my thoughts exactly
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyplaya » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:13 am

trent16 wrote:U say Mandans coach was acting like a baby

so if you team was getting screwed over you would just let it go

say that to his face once he would kick ur ***

by the i should for dising my coach!

well see when we beat Century tonight and all of next year w/ 21 seniors.

Well it looks like you guys lost to Century...so uh...good job? I did not understand your fourth line? could you clear that up for me?
hockeyplaya
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:31 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:
trent16 wrote:U say Mandans coach was acting like a baby

so if you team was getting screwed over you would just let it go

say that to his face once he would kick ur ***

by the i should for dising my coach!

well see when we beat Century tonight and all of next year w/ 21 seniors.

Well it looks like you guys lost to Century...so uh...good job? I did not understand your fourth line? could you clear that up for me?

I believe he was trying to say he should do it for "dissing" his coach. One has to look at a post like that and laugh.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trent16 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:39 pm

it doesn't matter who we play we are always shorthanded they have three extra people on their team, THE REFS.
trent16
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:18 pm

trent16 wrote:it doesn't matter who we play we are always shorthanded they have three extra people on their team, THE REFS.

i was at the game their was absolutely nothing wrong with the reffing.....i actually think mandan got away with a couple trips that easily couldve been called....quit with the excuses
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby L91 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:55 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:i was at the game their was absolutely nothing wrong with the reffing.....i actually think mandan got away with a couple trips that easily couldve been called....quit with the excuses

First, I'd like to say refs dont decide a game, but the reffing was bad in this game. Any major hit that mandan had, the ref would call a penalty, when it clearly wasn't.
L91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby goteam11 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:36 pm

I think mandan was clearly the better team as they proved it when they put up 3 goals in under 3 minutes. they just need to learn how to finish of teams and play with a lead. also i believe that there was a couple calls against mandan that we terrible.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:33 pm

goteam11 wrote:I think mandan was clearly the better team as they proved it when they put up 3 goals in under 3 minutes. they just need to learn how to finish of teams and play with a lead. also i believe that there was a couple calls against mandan that we terrible.

im going to have to disagree with you here.....sure mandan had a really good 3 minute period when they put up 3 goals(one of them very weak) in the first period but after that they really had maybe 2-3 quality scoring chances for the entire remainder of the game....centurys goalie only faced 22 shots the whole night compared to mandans goalies 34......after the first period mandan was simply outplayed.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:56 pm

the_truth_hurts wrote:
goteam11 wrote:I think mandan was clearly the better team as they proved it when they put up 3 goals in under 3 minutes. they just need to learn how to finish of teams and play with a lead. also i believe that there was a couple calls against mandan that we terrible.

im going to have to disagree with you here.....sure mandan had a really good 3 minute period when they put up 3 goals(one of them very weak) in the first period but after that they really had maybe 2-3 quality scoring chances for the entire remainder of the game....centurys goalie only faced 22 shots the whole night compared to mandans goalies 34......after the first period mandan was simply outplayed.

They only had a couple quality chances because it was 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 for most of the remainder of the game
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:02 am

goteam11 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

They only had a couple quality chances because it was 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 for most of the remainder of the game

haha these exuses are fun to listen too......if i can remember right century was shorthanded their fair share of times....mandan just couldnt get it out of their zone on the pp
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:49 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
goteam11 wrote:
the_truth_hurts wrote:

haha these exuses are fun to listen too......if i can remember right century was shorthanded their fair share of times....mandan just couldnt get it out of their zone on the pp

that coupld be true but i see mandan beating century the next time they meet
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to WDA