Top west players next year?

Teams of the West Region

Top west players next year?

Postby hockeystar11 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Who do you guys think will have the most impact for their teams next year?
hockeystar11

Re: Top west players next year?

Postby flyguy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:58 pm

Erick Paiement-JHS
Jared Hochalter-BHS
Tyler Richter -BHS
Austin Riopelle-MHS
Cole Frenzel-DHS
flyguy

Postby dcs01 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:58 am

i know jacob klingbeil is moving to minot to play highschool hockey next year hes been playing jr gold but i know hes definatly going to be making plenty of noise
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Playmaker » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Definately Bryce Schmitt of Minot. That kid has got some dangles! Also like Dan Kovar from Century but he will get nowhere on that team
Playmaker

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:47 am

Romanick-BHS
Richter-BHS
Peterson-BHS
Schmidt-Minot
Stephens-Minot
Nelson-WHS
Axtman-WHS
Kovar-CHS
Kusler-CHS
Frenzal-DHS
Otto-DHS
Kovacs(defenseman)-DHS
Paiment-JHS
Walden-JHS
Lindberg-JHS
Riopelle-Mandan
Salveson-Mandan
demon_fan14

Postby BHS » Mon May 19, 2008 4:51 pm

conor borud from hazen is just as good as riopelle ive played with both of them on selects and i would rather have borud as a linemate...way smarter player... Riopelle is overrated
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 pm

BHS wrote:conor borud from hazen is just as good as riopelle ive played with both of them on selects and i would rather have borud as a linemate...way smarter player... Riopelle is overrated

nobody from hazen is that good or will go far on that team.....I would not call Riopelle overrated.....he is going to get much bigger over the next couple years and will become one of the top players in the state.....as for this borud guy i have never heard of him....
demon_fan14

Postby BHS » Thu May 22, 2008 12:42 am

ok ive played with both of them personally and borud is better and most people have heard of this kid he just needs to toughen up a lil and he could be one of the top scorers in the west in 2 years...he just doesnt have any people to back him up after losing joey klos
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 pm

BHS wrote:ok ive played with both of them personally and borud is better and most people have heard of this kid he just needs to toughen up a lil and he could be one of the top scorers in the west in 2 years...he just doesnt have any people to back him up after losing joey klos

if he so good he would find a way to put the puck in the net regardless who is on his team,klos wouldnt of helped.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Williston has Jordan Nelson, Jake Axtman, Cote Dickerson and Sheldon Kihle. All of them are big players on the ice and should carry the team next year with the help McCade Evanson in the net. They lost Rehak and Charlie Miller but have returners Casey Gardner and Alex Hanson who will anchor the defense next year.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsallday » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:10 am

Orr4 wrote:Williston has Jordan Nelson, Jake Axtman, Cote Dickerson and Sheldon Kihle. All of them are big players on the ice and should carry the team next year with the help McCade Evanson in the net. They lost Rehak and Charlie Miller but have returners Casey Gardner and Alex Hanson who will anchor the defense next year.

this must just be some kid from williston trying to talk him and his team up because i dont see them being anywhere near the calibur hockey team this kid is trying to make them up to be i have watched them in the past and also quite a bit in hockey summer and stuff and i would have to say i belive they will be on the bubble of makeing state this year it will be between them and a few other teams fighting for the number 4 spot going into state.
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:42 am

sportsallday wrote:
Orr4 wrote:Williston has Jordan Nelson, Jake Axtman, Cote Dickerson and Sheldon Kihle. All of them are big players on the ice and should carry the team next year with the help McCade Evanson in the net. They lost Rehak and Charlie Miller but have returners Casey Gardner and Alex Hanson who will anchor the defense next year.

this must just be some kid from williston trying to talk him and his team up because i dont see them being anywhere near the calibur hockey team this kid is trying to make them up to be i have watched them in the past and also quite a bit in hockey summer and stuff and i would have to say i belive they will be on the bubble of makeing state this year it will be between them and a few other teams fighting for the number 4 spot going into state.

Ya your right. I am from Williston and no i am not trying to talk up the hockey team. I'm just saying who they have returning. I don't see you talking up your team. Did I say that they would be a high calibur team? No i just said that i see some of these players carrying them this year. They have just as good of a chance of making it to state as anyone else does. We will just have to wait and see when it comes to playoff time.
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:48 am

Good luck to Williston this year. It's good to see someone take the time to put out some information about them. We support all teams and athletes.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsallday » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:20 am

Orr4 wrote:
sportsallday wrote:

Ya your right. I am from Williston and no i am not trying to talk up the hockey team. I'm just saying who they have returning. I don't see you talking up your team. Did I say that they would be a high calibur team? No i just said that i see some of these players carrying them this year. They have just as good of a chance of making it to state as anyone else does. We will just have to wait and see when it comes to playoff time.

ya your right im not on here just to talk up my team and make us sound all good i come on here to have good input about everybody and how i think everybody is and like i said i dont think williston will have a very good team this year maybe 4th spot for state because there goaltending is a little weak and after they lost rehak and miller for defense last year they have no good returning defense this year but whatever buddy just go get a few more of your buddies and talk up your team on here it isnt going to make a difference some time to play
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am

He hardly seems like he's "talking up his team".
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Orr4 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:59 am

What i did is give good input on the Williston team. The forum says who will be the top players in the west, and instead of giving top players, i just gave broad information on how the team should look. Williston's forwards should be solid, goaltending should be solid, but defense will be the only thing shaky with the loss of rehak and miller. But hows this: Bismarck high should be solid all-around with goaltending their only weakness. Dickinson should also be a contender with good forwards and defense and a good goaltender. Century has a good group of young kids who have a lot of experience. Minot lost an amazing goaltender but usually find a way to contend come playoff time. Not only did i talk up williston, i also talked up the team that i think should be in the top of the west this year. anything to say about that?
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 pm

sportsallday wrote:ya your right im not on here just to talk up my team and make us sound all good i come on here to have good input about everybody and how i think everybody is and like i said i dont think williston will have a very good team this year maybe 4th spot for state because there goaltending is a little weak and after they lost rehak and miller for defense last year they have no good returning defense this year but whatever buddy just go get a few more of your buddies and talk up your team on here it isnt going to make a difference some time to play

He was hardly talking up Williston. He was simply giving some quality information rather than spewing his distaste for another team, like you seem to be. Think and take a little time in your next post, please.

If you want someone to talk up Williston, here you go. From the West last year, I think that Williston was probably the best team. The fact that they're losing one of the better defenseman in the state and his partner will hurt, but if they can get something going with their players and get their tender to work on his positioning and response times, they'll have a quality chance of taking the WDA this year. Had Williston got the number one seed like Bismark did last year, and had played North, I think they could have had just the same chance to be in that 3rd place game rather than the consolation. Instead they played a high caliber team in the quarters and went straight to the consolation bracket. For the WDA, it looks like the best chance of getting through to the semis and potentially the finals relies on getting that number one seed. They'll have to accomplish the above goals to get there, and they have the same chance any other team does.

That's talking up a team.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsallday » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:03 am

ok i dont really wanna cause a big argument or anything here but dam the whole williston team must be on here cause williston is the best in the best last year is a joke bismarck high dominated the west last year and williston never even beat minot and they didnt even make it to state. so there is no way williston was the best team in the west last year
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Ok, now back to the topic. Who are some of the best players in the west this year?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Just taking some of the higher point-getters from the west last year, don't know what they've been doing.

Erick Paiement - Jamestown (Senior)
Jared Hochhalter - Bismark High (Senior)
Austin Riopelle - Mandan (Junior)
Tyler Richter - Bismark High (Senior)
Cole Frenzel - Dickinson (Senior)
Jordan Nelson - Williston (Junior)
Bryce Schmitt - Minot (Junior)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsallday » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:36 am

i would have to say one of the better players in the west is kyle stephens for minot he played junior gold in crosby until last year when he moved to minot and adjusted to varsity quite well he is a strong defensive player but also knows how to jump up in the play and create some offense from playing in such a small town for such a long time he was pretty much there whole team.
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:47 am

Last year some of the more stand out players i noticed would be that freshman (correct if wrong) jordan nelson from whs, the kid loves his goals. Also Erick Paement from jamestown...its hard to argue with stats like his.
Wheres the knee
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 am

LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY wrote:Last year some of the more stand out players i noticed would be that freshman (correct if wrong) jordan nelson from whs, the kid loves his goals. Also Erick Paement from jamestown...its hard to argue with stats like his.

jordan nelson was a sophmore last year and will be a junior this year
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Brett Fiddler will be a surprise to a lot of kids this year. The kid is an assist machine and is a team player. Also Kellen Tollefson will be roughing some kids up by anchoring one of the defensman spots with Stephans. Minot should have a legit shot at making one of the top 3 seeds in the west
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Nick "the boss" Romanick. Future D1 hockey player
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to WDA