Next Years Predictions?

Teams of the West Region

Re: Next Years Predictions?

Postby hockey4life » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Are they even going to have enough players to make a team this year?
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:43 pm

hockey4life wrote:Are they even going to have enough players to make a team this year?

Are they ever, it sounds like they are going from play in game 2 years in a row to undefeated in the 08-09 campaign!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hockey4life » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:35 pm

wow i hope you are kidding.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:07 am

Did you really sense no sarcasm there???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:22 am

Hazen is going to put up the State Champion banner this year. Here come Northstars, REA!
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey4life » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 pm

here are my predictions.
1.Bismarck High
2.Williston
3.Dickinson
4.Minot
5.Century
6.Jamestown
7.Mandan
8.Bottineau
9.Hazen

these are just predictions. the 1-2 spot could go either way. Although williston does have a returing goaltender. the 4-5-6 spots are pretty much a toss up. the west region should be interesting this year.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby J.Loftus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:16 am

1.CHS
2.BHS
3.Williston
4.Minot
5.Dickinson
6.Dickinson
7.Mandan
8.Bottineau
9.Hazen

CHS has kovar an kusler returning. They may have lost their goalie but from what i saw last year they will be a tought team in the west
J.Loftus
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockey4life » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:51 pm

J.Loftus wrote:1.CHS
2.BHS
3.Williston
4.Minot
5.Dickinson
6.Dickinson
7.Mandan
8.Bottineau
9.Hazen

CHS has kovar an kusler returning. They may have lost their goalie but from what i saw last year they will be a tought team in the west

Incorrect, Century won't have the depth nor a goalie. They just are not a Number 1 caliber team.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:59 am

century is no where near a top team in the west they barely made it to state last year, they only got there by luck and they have had not much comeing up and lost a few of there better players last year
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsallday » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 am

i would have to say for next years predictions it looks like another year where the whole west is a little down but im geusssing it will probably end up with minot and bismarck high the top two for the west which is seems like it usually is that way in the west nine out of ten times
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby trinity9 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:23 pm

1.BHS
2.CHS
3.Williston
4.Mandan
5.Minot
6.Jamestown
7.Hazen/bealuh
8.Dickinson
9.Bottinuea

CHS will be alot better than ppl think. BHS will dominate like always. and almost everyother spot is a tosh up.
trinity9
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:40 am

i would have to disagree a lil bit with that i think it will be alot more like this

1.minot (alot of people may disagree but they have alot of scoreing power this year)
2. williston(pretty well rounded team)
3.bhs (has like 4 of there best players hurt right now....hard to recover from that.
4.dickenson
5. century
6.mandan
7.jamestown
8-9..who cares
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby ar68 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:08 pm

doubt any of those are right sportsallday.. but then again.. time will tell
ar68
NDPreps Rookie

Postby football57 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:59 am

Orr4 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:not in any order

Bhigh - lost alot of scoring but return hochalter, richter, peterson, and romanik. interested to see the goalie situation there, i thought that was the reason they choked at state.

Bcentury - lost knutson but return some to be sophs which was a large portion of thier scoring, they were very young and return alot of experience, i see them doing well next year.

Dicky - lost kovacs but otto steps in, they return most of thier scoring and still have frenzel and little kovacs.

hazen/buelah - dont expect much out of them at all, oster was the team and now he's gone.

mandan - i think they will finish in the middle of the pack, lost kline and haugen, they have some young talent but i think they did well last year because of haugen quarterbacking.

jamestown - should be better than last year, return peiment, and lindberg, didn't lose much as well.

minot - they will finish towards the top, return most of scoring, if schmidt stays they will be up there, interesting to see how they will do without skogen.

bott - we will have to see, some young talent, but not enough to get them to state, return getzlaf but i dont see much in him... even with 3 years under his belt

williston - i think they are loaded again and will be in the top 2 in the west this year, although they lost rehak, they return most of thier scoring and return evenson who did very well towards the end of the year despite everyone, including myself, thinking he would not beable to keep them in games.

1. Bismarck High
2. Williston High
3. Dickinson High
4. Jamestown
5. Minot High
6. Bis. Century
7. Mandan
8. Bottineau
9. Hazen/Beulah
Bismarck High will definetly be the team to beat in the 08-09 season with Williston and Dickinson fighting for the #2 spot, Williston will win because they have more depth I think, Jamestown and Minot will also be fighting for the #4 spot. Century will be the darkhorse cause they usually begin to pick up their game towards the end of the year.
getzlaff has 2 years experience and he's probably one of the best goalies in the west region so maybe you should get your stats right
football57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 pm

football57 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:not in any order

Bhigh - lost alot of scoring but return hochalter, richter, peterson, and romanik. interested to see the goalie situation there, i thought that was the reason they choked at state.

Bcentury - lost knutson but return some to be sophs which was a large portion of thier scoring, they were very young and return alot of experience, i see them doing well next year.

Dicky - lost kovacs but otto steps in, they return most of thier scoring and still have frenzel and little kovacs.

hazen/buelah - dont expect much out of them at all, oster was the team and now he's gone.

mandan - i think they will finish in the middle of the pack, lost kline and haugen, they have some young talent but i think they did well last year because of haugen quarterbacking.

jamestown - should be better than last year, return peiment, and lindberg, didn't lose much as well.

minot - they will finish towards the top, return most of scoring, if schmidt stays they will be up there, interesting to see how they will do without skogen.

bott - we will have to see, some young talent, but not enough to get them to state, return getzlaf but i dont see much in him... even with 3 years under his belt

williston - i think they are loaded again and will be in the top 2 in the west this year, although they lost rehak, they return most of thier scoring and return evenson who did very well towards the end of the year despite everyone, including myself, thinking he would not beable to keep them in games.

1. Bismarck High
2. Williston High
3. Dickinson High
4. Jamestown
5. Minot High
6. Bis. Century
7. Mandan
8. Bottineau
9. Hazen/Beulah
Bismarck High will definetly be the team to beat in the 08-09 season with Williston and Dickinson fighting for the #2 spot, Williston will win because they have more depth I think, Jamestown and Minot will also be fighting for the #4 spot. Century will be the darkhorse cause they usually begin to pick up their game towards the end of the year.
getzlaff has 2 years experience and he's probably one of the best goalies in the west region so maybe you should get your stats right

what stat says hes one of the best goalies in the wda?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4baseball4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:01 pm

1. BHS
2/3 Dickinson/Williston
4/5. Century or Minot
6. Jamestown
7. Mandan
8. Bottineau
9. HB

BHS has gotta be the top because they have more depth than anyone. Dickinson and Williston are both returning some good talent. Minot always does solid and there top line is steller. Century's season is going to depend on the super sophmores (Kovar and Kusler). Jamestown is tricky cause you never what they are gonna do. Mandan will beat out Bottineau and H/B just becaue those two schools don't have enough kids.
4baseball4

Postby Keyz20 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:05 pm

It should be interesting in the west this year
1.BHS
2.WHS
3.CHS
4. MHS
5.DHS
6.Mandan HS
7.JHS
8.who cares
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby feed the mule » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 am

A contender in the West this year will be century and minot. minot has Bryce Schmitt(junior) but i hear that century is getting a player from the juniors who is also a track and football stud named John Welk.(sophmore)
feed the mule

Postby brownbomber » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 pm

feed the mule wrote:A contender in the West this year will be century . but i hear that century is getting a player from the juniors who is also a track and football stud named John Welk.(sophmore)

hahaha. well just have to wait and see.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:29 am

Transfers rarely, if ever, end up changing a team. The fact that he's a sophomore makes it even less likely that he'll make an impact on their chances.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:42 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Transfers rarely, if ever, end up changing a team. The fact that he's a sophomore makes it even less likely that he'll make an impact on their chances.

Who is he? Where has he played? Where does he play? Any one with some answers?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:51 am

1.Williston-returning goal tender, and jordan nelson
2.bismark-cuz there bismark
3.Dickinson-great defence
4.Minot-great team spirit
5.Century-good chemistry
6.Jamestown-i've seen them fall a** first into a win or 2 more then once
7.Mandan-good speed
8.Bottineau-loves the game
9.Hazen-good goal tender
Wheres the knee
LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsallday » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:07 am

LIVE2PLAYxHOCKEY wrote:1.Williston-returning goal tender, and jordan nelson
2.bismark-cuz there bismark
3.Dickinson-great defence
4.Minot-great team spirit
5.Century-good chemistry
6.Jamestown-i've seen them fall a** first into a win or 2 more then once
7.Mandan-good speed
8.Bottineau-loves the game
9.Hazen-good goal tender

Williston # 1 i would have to disagree with that i believe bismarck will be above them for sure and probably minot and dicky to and why pick out jordan nelson out of all the players in the west? yes he is a very talented player which will help his team alot but there are many other kids in the west which i believe shouldnt be metioned with there team if he is going to be such as bryce schmitt from minot? Or nick romanick ffrom bismarck
sportsallday
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:11 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:Transfers rarely, if ever, end up changing a team. The fact that he's a sophomore makes it even less likely that he'll make an impact on their chances.

Who is he? Where has he played? Where does he play? Any one with some answers?

All I know about him is from:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5503
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:36 pm

John Welk from St Mary's? He was playing basketball with the Saints this summer and broke his leg this fall in football. Has he always played hockey?
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to WDA