DICKINSON

Teams of the West Region

DICKINSON

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 pm

what is going on with them? i picked them to finish 1 or 2 this year in the west :( . boy did that go back in my face.
hanneman needs to go. they need to run this guy out of town. everytime i read the paper hes bashing on his team for something. I would love playing for a guy like that. :roll: I went to both games vs minot (home/away) and they looked like 2 completely different teams each time.
Anyone know whats going on with this team?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Re: DICKINSON

Postby PlayCaller » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:44 pm

well they are a pretty young team other than the Kovacs kid in the net, but i agree, some nights they look like they could do some damage in the west, and other nights they look like they are terrible, like taking a lose to hazen-beulah...but i think with time (even tho it is almost the end of the year) they will get better.
PlayCaller

Postby Damus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:33 am

i_see_it_all wrote:hanneman needs to go. they need to run this guy out of town. everytime i read the paper hes bashing on his team for something. I would love playing for a guy like that. :

I don't think this falls on hanneman. I think he's just getting frustrated with his players lack of performance...that's the problem with kids these days..."OH! THE Coach got mad at me! He's gotta go!" Maybe the little daffodils should pay attention and start working? OH! Work Hard? That's not right! I'm a Super Star! My parents tell me all the time! I shouldn't have to work hard, it should be given to me!

Their problem is that it's a tight West Region. Someone has to finish down there. It's showing the softness of their team. Does not completely fall on Hanneman. We'll see come WDA tourney...They could VERY easily take the 2 seed to state...Don't be surprised...
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 pm

I hope you're not serious. It's really hard to come out a number 2 going into state. when your 7th seed in wda. they will probably be playing mandan the first night.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Damus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:43 pm

hockey4life,

Yep. And it's very hard to be a #6 seed in the NFC and have to win 3 straight road playoff games, then beat a previously undefeated AFC team.

That's why they play the games, broseph.

(I understand that if they were to knock off Mandan, which is possible, the West is tight...that would mean a 2nd round match with BHS...)

But if their goalie plays great, they can definitely be a force.

The whole purpose of this thread, was that someone here, (I won't name names), was attacking a coach. I find it a little bush league to attack a coach that has turned a program from a laughing stock, into a legitimate team. And in a week from now, all the talking will be done. I don't mind wild predictions, crazy talk, but when there's personal attacks on "HIGH SCHOOL" coaches, I get angry. And when I get angry, I usually swallow that anger. I'm going to go eat now.
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:59 pm

lets keep it on topic here or i will be forced to shut down this thread.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Damus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:40 pm

Isn't this "on topic" of what we were talking about? We were talking about Dickinson?
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

gfhockey wrote:lets keep it on topic here or i will be forced to shut down this thread.

do you even have that authority????
project-pat

Postby hckywst » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:01 am

I dont get it .
Once you get alot of posts and are ranked high you can start controlling what other people say or what?
Or is he just acting?
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:41 am

Damus wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:hanneman needs to go. they need to run this guy out of town. everytime i read the paper hes bashing on his team for something. I would love playing for a guy like that. :

I don't think this falls on hanneman. I think he's just getting frustrated with his players lack of performance...that's the problem with kids these days..."OH! THE Coach got mad at me! He's gotta go!" Maybe the little daffodils should pay attention and start working? OH! Work Hard? That's not right! I'm a Super Star! My parents tell me all the time! I shouldn't have to work hard, it should be given to me!

Their problem is that it's a tight West Region. Someone has to finish down there. It's showing the softness of their team. Does not completely fall on Hanneman. We'll see come WDA tourney...They could VERY easily take the 2 seed to state...Don't be surprised...
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:46 am

Clark17 wrote:
Damus wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more Damus. Kids seem to have lost ownership. It's evrywhere, it's a "Not my fault" generation. Carving a high school coach, on this site, is bush also.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:46 am

hckywst wrote:I dont get it .
Once you get alot of posts and are ranked high you can start controlling what other people say or what?
Or is he just acting?

he's acting...you have to be chosen by the administrator(guy in blue) to become a moderator(men in red) to be able to edit posts and ban members and such...don't listen to him
project-pat

Postby Sportshound » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:49 am

dickinson in my opinion is not young(by grades maybe yes), by experience NO they are not young.
The whole team, expect for young Kovacs have pretty much all played Varsity hockey the whole time.

they should be playing better, with the talent they do have(best in my opinion, in the past few years)

to bad-- I think I picked them early to be a WDA rep to State.
ouch
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:00 pm

Actually gfhockey has mod abilities in the hockey forums. I asked if anyone was interested in helping mod certain area's and he was willing to help keep and eye on this area. His names not in red because his abilities are forum specific to hockey. His help is appreciated greatly, he's still getting the whole thing down, it's only been a few days. Thanks

You can click on "the team" at the bottom of the site and it will list all the moderators.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:06 pm

JEEZ...what is my problem...I am so sorry gfhockey...I think I need another vacation...I am just out of it right now.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 pm

project-pat wrote:JEEZ...what is my problem...I am so sorry gfhockey...I think I need another vacation...I am just out of it right now.

Thata Boy project keep up the good work :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportshound » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:40 pm

So the question goes--
what is on or up with dickinson? I know that the coach is a good coach.
he has molded a team from the ashes in Western Dak. and they did play well early on. Is it the length of the season? 20-21 games and over 3 1/2 months too long?

Can't imagine that, most players want to keep playing well inot march/april. but maybe these guys are/were bored being in the wiining ways they had early on?

NO that's not it. Maybe they were the Blue Flame(meaning--shoot out hot and pretty, then brun out and flicker).
some teams in sports do that. they are hot early and fizzle.

I hope that with their good goaltending they can turn it around and make a run at the WDA, like I say-- with good goaltending any team can be a Champ.

good luck coach H. pull their boots straps and have them go to work
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyguy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:49 pm

The reason they started out hot and have failed lately is...............................................................................................................................................They only run about two shifts top, they need more of a break,therefore, they are always tired.
flyguy

Postby stonewall » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:17 pm

I see it all- I resigned today as head coach- I am so glad to see that you had the balls to come talk to me yourself- My office is located upstairs at the arena that your son has played all of his home games at during his career. Thanks for being a man and saying it to my face!!!

Yours Truly-
DAVE HANNEMAN
stonewall

Postby hckywst » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:38 pm

stonewall wrote:I see it all- I resigned today as head coach- I am so glad to see that you had the balls to come talk to me yourself- My office is located upstairs at the arena that your son has played all of his home games at during his career. Thanks for being a man and saying it to my face!!!

Yours Truly-
DAVE HANNEMAN

I played for mandan and always felt that dickinson came to battle. I know your a good coach and wish you luck in the future. I think mandan only has a staff of two and would deffinently appreciate your help. I think there is a problem when it comes to the $$$ though. Their pretty cheap.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:23 pm

closed.

i think that a coach responding to message board comments out of frustration is just as stupid as the initial comments.
rep

Return to WDA