2008 Mr. Hockey canidates from the west??

Teams of the West Region

2008 Mr. Hockey canidates from the west??

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:07 am

I see seeberg getting in for sure but is it going to be who else??? Rehak,Kline, Kovacs? the list can go on but seeberg is the only for sure in my mind whats everyone else think on the topic......
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008 Mr. Hockey canidates from the west??

Postby MHSfan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Maybe skogen from Minot?
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:07 pm

there is a forum for the Mr.Hockey- on the overall Hockey board.

but to throw my 2 cents in-

Seeburg- BHS- probably the BHS candidate- whether or not he is a rep from the West is up in the air.
kovacs- Dickinson- probably will be considered- he helps that team in so mnay ways.
Rehak- willistons top player in most everyones eyes. just hasn't done all that this year.
Kline- Mandan- good possiblity, he is and Mandan is as he goes.
Skogen-Minot-? not sure on this post.

I know that Seeburg was mentioned in the early stages on the Mr.Hockey Thread-
he did fall off a little in the middle of the season.
Rehak-mentioned at first- but never substantiated as a true candidate.
kline- Has played well and his team goes that way when he does.
kovacs- same as Kline-- as Kovacs goes the Dickinson team goes.

better question is who will be the WDA Athlete of the year in Hockey- that player is a candidate for Mr. Hockey no matter what (as posted by sioux4ever on another thread- I think it was sioux4ever?)

so check the boxes-- the East is out doing us when it comes to scoring leaders, and over all team play.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Sportshound wrote:there is a forum for the Mr.Hockey- on the overall Hockey board.

but to throw my 2 cents in-

Seeburg- BHS- probably the BHS candidate- whether or not he is a rep from the West is up in the air.
kovacs- Dickinson- probably will be considered- he helps that team in so mnay ways.
Rehak- willistons top player in most everyones eyes. just hasn't done all that this year.
Kline- Mandan- good possiblity, he is and Mandan is as he goes.
Skogen-Minot-? not sure on this post.

I know that Seeburg was mentioned in the early stages on the Mr.Hockey Thread-
he did fall off a little in the middle of the season.
Rehak-mentioned at first- but never substantiated as a true candidate.
kline- Has played well and his team goes that way when he does.
kovacs- same as Kline-- as Kovacs goes the Dickinson team goes.

better question is who will be the WDA Athlete of the year in Hockey- that player is a candidate for Mr. Hockey no matter what (as posted by sioux4ever on another thread- I think it was sioux4ever?)

so check the boxes-- the East is out doing us when it comes to scoring leaders, and over all team play.

sportshound...hate to break it to you...but the east always out does us when it comes to scoring leaders and over all team play
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:54 am

skogen?? :lol:

rehak??

what kind of bums do we have posting in this forum? the legit contenders in the west are as followed.

seeberg, kline, kovacs, handeland frenzel, paiment, eichele...i dont know if this is skogen and rehak posting on themsevles, but i got a good laugh seeing those guys up for mr. hockey by some posers.

overall, probably go with seeberg with bismarck being the top dog.

its obvious an east representative will win, but these are the players in the west that will finish far behind the east.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:59 am

i_see_it_all wrote:skogen?? :lol:

rehak??

what kind of bums do we have posting in this forum? the legit contenders in the west are as followed.

seeberg, kline, kovacs, handeland frenzel, paiment, eichele...i dont know if this is skogen and rehak posting on themsevles, but i got a good laugh seeing those guys up for mr. hockey by some posers.

its obvious an east representative will win, but these are the players in the west that will finish far behind the east.

Umm, Erick Paiement from jamestown is a Junior. Just thought I would point that out even though you see all. That makes him ineligible to win the award. Also, I am not arguing with you about Bismarck being the top dog. But that doesn't necessarily mean a player from their team will be the West Outstanding Sr of the year. Last year Eric Herbel won the award as well as the state award and his team (Bottineau) did not make the state tournament even.
Last edited by Sioux4ever on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added additional comments to my own post.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:03 pm

frenzels a jr too
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:41 am

Cam Knutson?
flyguy

Postby Favre#1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:37 pm

flyguy wrote:Cam Knutson?

that's a joke right?
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

yea
flyguy

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:25 am

rehak??

Hey man chill out, what makes you the athority on here? To let you know this isn't Skogen but i threw his name out for consideration because he is the reason that they have stayed in some of the games this year. 51 saves against Graften a couple days ago? That is pretty impressive i believe and they lost 4-3 to them on a last second goal. i wasn't saying he would win Mr. Hockey but i think his name could be considered to be one of the finalists from the west. Good work on the names too, way to know your picks. :?:
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyguy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:33 pm

rehak??

Not seeberg.....OVERRATED...i mean hes good dont get me wrong but BHS has to many other good players.
flyguy

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:51 pm

the guys i named are the top players in the west. even though some are jr,s theyre better than ur guy.

skogen will not be a mr. hockey canidate, sorry
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby whocares? » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Joey Paulus from CHS. Before yesterday he had a goal in like 15 straight games

JP4MRH
whocares?

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:40 pm

whocares? wrote:Joey Paulus from CHS. Before yesterday he had a goal in like 15 straight games

JP4MRH

Apparent it is "like" 15 games and not 15 games, since 10 games ago they got shut-out. He is putting together a nice season though, 16 goals, 24 points.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Paulus has been consistant. that might be a good choice.

some of the early/pre-season guys have faultered some.

some haven't gotten to their perceived potential back at the beginning
Make a list-- put it up here..
my thoughts:
Kovacs
Kline
paulus- adding him now after a little research
Rehak?- still waiting for him to make a presence
Seeburg?
others? that are Sr's... must be Sr's to make the list
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:16 am

i am sorry i got the number of games wrong. i knew it was quite a few games but i didn't take the time to check.
whocares?

Postby hckywst » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:13 pm

Mandans haugen should at least be mentioned on here. He has more pionts then Paulus and most of the other kids on here. He is a great puckhandler who lays more people out when he has the puck then when he doesnt.
Others are:
Paulus
Seeburg
Kovacs
Kline
Martin
LaBere
Bair
Not in any order.
By the way mandans stats are finally updated so you can maybe see how some of their candidates are doing. Even though stats doesnt say it all.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:32 pm

hckywst wrote:Mandans haugen should at least be mentioned on here. He has more pionts then Paulus and most of the other kids on here. He is a great puckhandler who lays more people out when he has the puck then when he doesnt.
Others are:
Paulus
Seeburg
Kovacs
Kline
Martin
LaBere
Bair
Not in any order.
By the way mandans stats are finally updated so you can maybe see how some of their candidates are doing. Even though stats doesnt say it all.

Ok from this list i would say as of right now the top 5. front runners in no order are Drew Eichle, Ethan Kline, Jared LaBere, Joey Paulus, and Andrew Seeburg. i feel LaBere is head and shoulders above the rest of D men in the west Kline and Eichle are both solid, but Eichle has gotten the best of him twice.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hckywst » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 pm

you mean bhs has got the best of mandan twice.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:58 pm

hckywst wrote:you mean bhs has got the best of mandan twice.

i dont know man they put up 7 twice i think???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hckywst » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:58 am

haha they scored 5 the first game and were lucky to win it mandan was winning most of the game. mandan scored 6 goals on bhs in the two games. Century had 1 in each game. Being their alumni say something about them instead of talkin about bhs beatin mandan.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:10 am

hckywst wrote:haha they scored 5 the first game and were lucky to win it mandan was winning most of the game. mandan scored 6 goals on bhs in the two games. Century had 1 in each game. Being their alumni say something about them instead of talkin about bhs beatin mandan.

This has nothing to do with aliumni this is who i think will take west canidatcy for mr. hockey and i do apoligize i got klein mixed up with kovacs i wasnt thinking.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndplaya1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:57 am

hckywst wrote:haha they scored 5 the first game and were lucky to win it mandan was winning most of the game. mandan scored 6 goals on bhs in the two games. Century had 1 in each game. Being their alumni say something about them instead of talkin about bhs beatin mandan.

mandan was not winning most of any of the games, they got beat most periods and bismarck doubled their shots pretty much both games. hard to compare two goalies when it is that one-sided sorry. but if you want to then i guess the obvious choice would be that eichle won over kline.
dont know what that proves but there you go. I just dont think a goalie will be nominated or picked from a team to represent.
ndplaya1

Postby ih8gophers » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:30 pm

I don't think he will get and i don't think that he should get it, but you have to throw Joe Handeland in to the mix as well. If stats are updated correctly he leads all west region seniors in goals with 20.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to WDA