Goalies

Teams of the East

Re: Goalies

Postby washedupcentralkid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:08 pm

hockeyrocks wrote:washedupcentralkid u must be seths daddy, u got to be nobody brags up a kid like that unless there related. other goalies in the state had far more shots on net, seth had a awesome team in front of him. and i mean awesome. he also didnt get much quality shots on him especially in state which i seen, shots that were on him were so weak and from the blueline, he went on the side and tapped the puck to central player. everybody seen what they seen and u call us ignorant, we seen the weak shots, and sat back while his name got mentioned and couldnt help but laugh when he got player of the game for the championship game it should of been jaread sorlien he got a goal and assist or brendan gust who give 110 %. we will just have to see how far seth goes after this. when he sees quality shots on another team that isnt as awesome as central. good luck seth,

no sir i am not seths daddy and if you knew his daddy you would be a little more positive towards the kid, i have spent more time watching and playing with hese kids i talk about. I am not like some of you and go strictly but stats or one game, i have watched seth be that goalie that gets thirty to forty shots a game on other teams and still make saves, i am not braggin him up nor exaggerating.
washedupcentralkid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

washedupcentralkid wrote:
goteam11 wrote:
superstar 701 wrote:
goteam11 wrote:
Clifford wrote:Seth Lang Grand Forks Central only let in 19 goals all year. He had 12 shutouts. .81 goals against in 23 games with a 94.2 Save % If you think all of this is good you should see him in practice hes one of the fastest goalies you will see. None of this is bragging him up its the fact honestly.

All of that is due to the team that he played for. Not saying Seth isnt good, but not the best in the state. ALL of those stats are because he was on a team that gave up 326 shots all year, ( most shots in a game against them in a game against a ND opponent was 20). The next highest save percentage from a starting goalie was 92.7 ( nick helmers, Mandan) He saw 708 shots ( over twice as many).

Now im not saying that helmers is the best in the state either, but I dont think seth lang is the best. just a comparison to think about.

Yea, he saw 2wice as many shot, but keep in mind washedupcentralkid's point, and the fact that those were shots coming from hockey players in the west.

yeah. coming from hockey players in the west like Jordan Nelson, Jace Kusler, Cote Dickerson, Austin Riopelle, Logan Rauhauser, Calvin Krueger, Seth Seirhenko, Dan Kovar, and Trevor Huck. ( 9 of the top 15 point getters in the state).

seriously? did you just drop names of random kids from the west that might crack the varsitly lineup of the top four EDC teams? the reason those "random west kids" get that many points is the level of skill they play against is questionable at best

seriously? so by maybe cracking the varsity lineup of the top four EDC teams you must mean 3rd and 4th lines.. correct?

so your saying that Mr. hockey Nelson, Kusler, Dickerson, Riopelle, Krueger, Rahauser, and Kovar would barely play on any of the top four teams in the EDC.. you have got to be kidding me. you're ridiculous.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 pm

ya besides central didnt the east pretty much get stomped on at state?
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby goteam11 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:09 am

yeah. washedupcentralkid must really be washed up.

Also, who do you consider the bad teams that these west people play against? bad teams like south or what? because bismarck, williston, and century all beat south this year. If i remember correctly Jordan Nelson had four points against south at state.
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:09 pm

It's pathetic that the East can be so arrogant, and the West can be so ignorant at the same time.
Just put it into perspective.

The east was horrible this year, they got worked by everyone because they should get worked by everyone. The East had a lot less talent than in the past.
The West didn't get any better (other than probably Williston), but they definitely weren't as much in the hurt bag as everyone else.
Central was the only team in the East that really went up at all, and the fact they pummelled everyone is mostly because they didn't get any worse this past year.

Now what does this mean for goalies? Well think about it.
Buchholz had to adjust to a far inferior defensive team, he struggled with it because he wasn't used to it, but he still did really well.
Lang's team was facing far inferior teams compared to the year before, he did better because he had more confidence and his team was far better defensively because the other teams' offense had declined so much.

Now, as for the West, the players definitely would have cracked the east top 4 lines very easily. Honestly, all but Central, the West was better than the East this year. Get over it people, you can't always be dominant.

Also, just as a little advice: A shot in the east is the exact same as a shot in the west. This isn't the splitting of Germany where the people 'on the other side of the wall' are 'completely inferior'. They are people too, and guess what, they're probably even better than your friend/child.

Just had to rant a little bit, you guys are getting ridiculous with the stereotypes.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to EDC