potential.

Teams of the East

potential.

Postby hockeyboss » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:27 am

what are you guys's thoughts on teams, players, line combinations, that show potential. come playoff time, anyone can win, just wondering thoughts about teams potential come the rest of the season
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Re: potential.

Postby Westisthebest » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Teams has to be central and grafton right now, grafton with a win over red river, and central steam rolling through red river and south with ease seems to make them once again the favorites after being named over rated by most of the state.
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Caribou Lou » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:07 pm

central lost to GPR too, maybe the wins over rr and south went to their heads a little bit
Caribou Lou
NDPreps Reserve

Postby purple_drank » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Caribou Lou wrote:central lost to GPR too, maybe the wins over rr and south went to their heads a little bit

Grafton to me is hard to figure out. Big time wins over red river, central, bhs, and a close game with Osseo(MN) 4-3. But 0-1-1 to north, only beating devis lake 2-0 and losing to central earlier in the year 8-0. That is a tough team to figure out, I don't know how you lose 8-0 and come back and win 2-1. We will have to see how Grafton does in their other game vs. WF and North this year.
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:54 pm

purple_drank wrote:
Caribou Lou wrote:central lost to GPR too, maybe the wins over rr and south went to their heads a little bit

Grafton to me is hard to figure out. Big time wins over red river, central, bhs, and a close game with Osseo(MN) 4-3. But 0-1-1 to north, only beating devis lake 2-0 and losing to central earlier in the year 8-0. That is a tough team to figure out, I don't know how you lose 8-0 and come back and win 2-1. We will have to see how Grafton does in their other game vs. WF and North this year.

I don't know if GPR is that hard to figure out. In my opinion they have been showing up when they need to (i.e. when there are points on the line). For example, Grafton has already shutout a mediocre Devils Lake team in each of their meetings. They lost to both Central and Red River during the Jason Stadstad tournament (no points on the line). They did tie Fargo North in their first game of the year and then lost to North during a holiday tournament (with their backup in net and no points on the line) . That same tournament they lost to Osseo (4 - 3) and Warroad (2 - 0) (again, no points on the line). After the tournament they beat Devils Lake, Red River, and Central (all league points). The only league game they have lost so far is to South 3 - 2. If GPR can't beat West Fargo this Saturday and North next Thursday, then we will know where they stand.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby purple_drank » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 am

They lost to West fargo 3-2, they need a win vs. north tonight
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby teamramrod » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:00 am

they also lost 3-2 tonight to north
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 am

Well, as I stated last week, "If GPR can't beat West Fargo this Saturday and North next Thursday, then we will know where they stand." :D

BTW, West Fargo and Red River tied 5-5.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hockey10 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 pm

By the sounds of it it was a good night for lower teams. West fargo tying RR. North beating grafton, and crookston, MN beating South.
Hockey10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby saltyapple29 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Im gonna say a little bit of cockiness played into the spoilers recent losses to WF and North and im guessing a little attitude adjustment is coming for them today.
saltyapple29
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Unity77 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 pm

saltyapple29 wrote:Im gonna say a little bit of cockiness played into the spoilers recent losses to WF and North and im guessing a little attitude adjustment is coming for them today.

Or maybe, "They're who we thought they were." -- Denny Green (aka Fat Dumb)
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubbycove » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Grafton has a lot of potential but they just haven't been playing up to their potential the last 2 games
cubbycove
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EastistheBest » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Grafton doesn't have potential to do much. The only potential they have is they may be able to pull off a first round upset in EDC that's about it. I'm not going to take anything away from GPR. They work really hard every shif, but that can only go so far. Their lack of depth is going to is really going to hurt them come tournament time.
EastistheBest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unity77 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:11 pm

EastistheBest wrote:Grafton doesn't have potential to do much. The only potential they have is they may be able to pull off a first round upset in EDC that's about it. I'm not going to take anything away from GPR. They work really hard every shif, but that can only go so far. Their lack of depth is going to is really going to hurt them come tournament time.

:roll: Are you serious? Other than Central who would be considered an upset victory?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PeopleRTalkin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:24 pm

all i know is that THE BIG SHOW always dominates once they touch the ice
PeopleRTalkin
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Unity77 wrote:
EastistheBest wrote:Grafton doesn't have potential to do much. The only potential they have is they may be able to pull off a first round upset in EDC that's about it. I'm not going to take anything away from GPR. They work really hard every shif, but that can only go so far. Their lack of depth is going to is really going to hurt them come tournament time.

:roll: Are you serious? Other than Central who would be considered an upset victory?

Hate to break it to everyone thinking their teams are exceptional this year, but no one is breaking away from 'the pack' this year. I thought Central would step it up, they had the potential. However, it's anyone's race this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the top teams in the east in the finals (Grafton, RR, Central, South, WF, North). I think Central is still the favorite, but they're only a game away from an upset. South was a lot better than the teams at state last year and didn't even make the title game. I can definitely see Central getting knocked off by any one of those teams. Should be a lot more exciting than most years!
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:05 pm

So you wouldn't consider it to be an upset if any of those teams (Grafton, RR, South, WF, North) were to beat Central?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Unity77 wrote:So you wouldn't consider it to be an upset if any of those teams (Grafton, RR, South, WF, North) were to beat Central?

HockeyHigh wrote:I think Central is still the favorite, but they're only a game away from an upset. South was a lot better than the teams at state last year and didn't even make the title game. I can definitely see Central getting knocked off by any one of those teams.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby purple_drank » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
Unity77 wrote:So you wouldn't consider it to be an upset if any of those teams (Grafton, RR, South, WF, North) were to beat Central?

HockeyHigh wrote:I think Central is still the favorite, but they're only a game away from an upset. South was a lot better than the teams at state last year and didn't even make the title game. I can definitely see Central getting knocked off by any one of those teams.

I agree with hockeyhigh, anyone can beat anyone this year in the EDC. It's all about who comes to play each day, that's all it comes down to. Their isnt a dominating team this year that people say, "they will win state easily." you Central fans might think that your team is the "best" team this year, but honestly it isn't true and they haven't proven dominace throughout the EDC.
purple_drank
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Let me put it this way.
In 2009, Fargo South was far better than Central was compared to the competition in the state. They lost to Red River in the semis.
In 2008, Red River was the best team in the state by a lot more than Central is this year. They lost to GPR in the finals.

I see no reason why Central should have any confidence in the idea they'll walk through anything this year in the post season. They aren't a clear favorite in any of those top games. I thought they would be, in fact I thought they could go undefeated this year if they wanted to, but instead they showed to me that they really weren't all they were cracked up to be. I thought both those previous year teams that dominated were far above the competition, and also competed far better nationally.

In other words, Central has a lot to prove.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ordeen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:24 pm

i know whapeton has a lot of potential and i can see them making the edc tournement and knocking off one of the higher ranked teams and making state. whapeton state champs 2010
ordeen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoSioux13 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 am

ordeen wrote:i know whapeton has a lot of potential and i can see them making the edc tournement and knocking off one of the higher ranked teams and making state. whapeton state champs 2010

good one.
GoSioux13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey guy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

i doubt that whapeton could even beat a decent bantam A team
hockey guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Westisthebest » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 am

I Have not seen much of Central this year but there roster is similar to last years right? corect me if im wrong but Central beat south twice last year RR beat South in state an maybe regular season not sure Bismarck high beat south as well... Central has 2 losses
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ctrain1369 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:53 am

Westisthebest wrote:I Have not seen much of Central this year but there roster is similar to last years right? corect me if im wrong but Central beat south twice last year RR beat South in state an maybe regular season not sure Bismarck high beat south as well... Central has 2 losses

South only had two loses in the regular season too. first loss to central was the last game of the regular season when benson sat Buchholz and his top 2 players other loss to Central was in the 3rd place game of state where i can honestly tell you neither team really cared about
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to EDC