GF Central Overrated?

Teams of the East

GF Central Overrated?

Postby penguinshockey15 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 am

Is Grand Forks Central really as good as all of the hype?
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Re: GF Central Overrated?

Postby bballer4eva » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:41 am

I think they're overrated. I was at the north vs central game on tuesday and north had control of the entire 1st period and they scored half way through. But a bad mistake which could have been ovided let GF score. North would have had a lot going into the 2nd and might have pulled it off if they would have capitlized on their chances.
bballer4eva
NDPreps Reserve

Postby trapshooter » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Which one of their 9 other chances didn't they capitalize on? Central is for real. Very deep up front and the best set of defense in the state. If Central and Red River can stay healthy it will be another all Grand Forks final this year.

Trapshooter
trapshooter
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gfhockey » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Let me just say this, 1/3 of there team from what ive heard has the flow currently or are getting over it.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyboss » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:28 am

central is very talented. but after seeing a couple of their games, i would say their mildly overrated. very poor performance against north, whether their sick or not. i dont think their as good as everyone makes them out to be. but probabbly still the best in the state
hockeyboss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squatch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

No one starts out at there Full potential at the beginning oF the season they will get better and better as the year goes on...as oF right now they are the best in state
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:10 pm

I'll put it into perspective:
Are they as good as the past top teams in North Dakota? No.
Are they the best in the state this year talent wise? Yes.

I wouldn't say they're overrated, they're the best in the state this year. However, overall I don't see them competing nationally nearly as well as the better ND teams have in past years. However, with talent pool dwindling over the past few years, these teams can roll through North Dakota pretty easily. I expect South and Central to pretty much roll through all the other teams, with Central beating South at every meeting except for either EDC or State. (They will lose one of those two to South is my prediction)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby penguinshockey15 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:17 am

HockeyHigh wrote:I'll put it into perspective:
I expect South and Central to pretty much roll through all the other teams)

Although Central beat Fargo North in a closer game than what the score made it out to be, I could see Fargo North being somewhat of an issue tomorrow night in Fargo for Fargo South. It is a big rivalry and this could finally be North's year to step it up against them. This will be a big game for both teams!
penguinshockey15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dinosports » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am

North lost to South 3-1 but it was a very good game. However, on saturday South ended up in a tie with Devil's Lake with Devil's Lake out shooting them and leading the whole game. South tied it up late in the third period.
dinosports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby just another guy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 am

CENTRAL IS BY FAR OVERRATED. The Grand Forks Central hockey team is full of individuals (that are full of themselves too) that think they will all go on to play in the NHL. For any Central player looking at this post you only have a couple kids that have a shot at it. Central does not move the puck at all, every player on that team is point hungry and they play very selfish hockey. Even though they have come away with W's its still some of the worst hockey I have ever witnessed by such a talented team.
just another guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jayladue » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 pm

For all of you that think that GF Central is overated what is your opinon of the game last night vs GF RR?
jayladue

Postby Westisthebest » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 am

I think that maybe RedRivers not in there league? 6-2
Westisthebest
NDPreps Reserve

Return to EDC