Poll ended at Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 am

Grand Forks Red River
63%
Bismarck High
38%

Total votes : 16

Re: Prediction for state championship

Postby P4KNBD » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:50 pm

FSHBruins10 wrote:i say bismarck wins...

bitter about the semi final loss i see
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Plays4keeps » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:17 pm

12345 wrote:The game was bad and sloppy because the two teams that should have been in it were playing for third place. I think a central south championship would have been a very fun game to watch. Most teams were down this year, it seemed that south was the only team that was up compared to last years teams. South had one of the best teams to go through there program but just couldnt pull it off.

lets think about this if central and south deserve to play for a championship maybe they should bare down and win the two teams who were there deserved to be because they came to play everygame not just one or two and when they had chances to score they took advantage and that was very easy to see with rr they bury on there few chances against bhs
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby stillgotyourback » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Plays4keeps wrote:
12345 wrote:The game was bad and sloppy because the two teams that should have been in it were playing for third place. I think a central south championship would have been a very fun game to watch. Most teams were down this year, it seemed that south was the only team that was up compared to last years teams. South had one of the best teams to go through there program but just couldnt pull it off.

lets think about this if central and south deserve to play for a championship maybe they should bare down and win the two teams who were there deserved to be because they came to play everygame not just one or two and when they had chances to score they took advantage and that was very easy to see with rr they bury on there few chances against bhs

i completely agree with play4keeps. not taking anything against central and south because both are very good teams but the only thing that matters at the end of the game is whats on the scoreboard. rr finds ways to win games when it counts, hands down. meland came up HUGE and players stepped up to get goals when goals were needed. regular season records are thrown out the window at state and rr found ways to give teams that only lost one and two games during the regular season. anyway point is they find ways to win and at the end of the day their the ones wearing the rings.
stillgotyourback

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:05 am

SiouxYAYA wrote:
Timmay07 wrote:5-1 bismarck

LOL
This is still RR ya know and Bismark is still Bismarck. There is a reason why the Riders are in the title game for the fifth straight year...they've been there before. These Bismark kids not better be shell shocked when the lights go out during the starting lineups because I have a feeling that RR is going to come out very strong after that win against South in OT. None of these kids have the experience on Bismarck...I know all you Demon fans are going to say "Experience...what are you talking about we just won a football championship." But the thing is thats not hockey and the Alerus Center isn't the Ralph and you were'nt playing "The Home-Town Favorite", "The Hockey Dynasty", "The Cake-Eaters", whatever you want to call them, The Grand Forks Red River RoughRiders...so that leaves me to my conclusion with the Riders "upsetting" the "favorite" Bismarck High Demons 4-2 with an empty netter...oh and by the way you wont even get a consolation prize because Crary has Mr. Hockey in the bag.
REDEMPTION '09

This is really cute and all, and good job to RR but dang they got dominated in every stat including penalties...the only one they didn't was on the final score board. Who cares about the 2 end penalties you have 51 min to score. I would like to know who the older fella with the mustache was that was reffing, I feel he is the best in the state he calls no penalties and lets it be a physical game like it should be. After all we already have a female winter sport (Basketball). Completely irrelevent question, sometime ago wasn't there a goalie that lost the title in OT and commited suicide?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Plays4keeps » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 am

Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:

LOL
This is still RR ya know and Bismark is still Bismarck. There is a reason why the Riders are in the title game for the fifth straight year...they've been there before. These Bismark kids not better be shell shocked when the lights go out during the starting lineups because I have a feeling that RR is going to come out very strong after that win against South in OT. None of these kids have the experience on Bismarck...I know all you Demon fans are going to say "Experience...what are you talking about we just won a football championship." But the thing is thats not hockey and the Alerus Center isn't the Ralph and you were'nt playing "The Home-Town Favorite", "The Hockey Dynasty", "The Cake-Eaters", whatever you want to call them, The Grand Forks Red River RoughRiders...so that leaves me to my conclusion with the Riders "upsetting" the "favorite" Bismarck High Demons 4-2 with an empty netter...oh and by the way you wont even get a consolation prize because Crary has Mr. Hockey in the bag.
REDEMPTION '09

This is really cute and all, and good job to RR but dang they got dominated in every stat including penalties...the only one they didn't was on the final score board. Who cares about the 2 end penalties you have 51 min to score. I would like to know who the older fella with the mustache was that was reffing, I feel he is the best in the state he calls no penalties and lets it be a physical game like it should be. After all we already have a female winter sport (Basketball). Completely irrelevent question, sometime ago wasn't there a goalie that lost the title in OT and commited suicide?

well let me shed some light on this situation the only stat that matters is the final score i could care less if i dont have better stats then the other team if i win, who cares about the stats
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby dillseeds » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:19 am

Plays4keeps wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:

LOL
REDEMPTION '09

well let me shed some light on this situation the only stat that matters is the final score i could care less if i dont have better stats then the other team if i win, who cares about the stats

agreed, from what i heard the final score had red river at 3 and bismarck at 2, unless this is golf the team with the higher score is the winner, nuff said
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 am

i saw a quote earlier and i dont know the words exactly but it went something like this:

"When teams win a championship they put up a banner, when red river wins a championship they simply add another year to the banner"

Perfectly said quote
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 am

P4KNBD wrote:i saw a quote earlier and i dont know the words exactly but it went something like this:

"When teams win a championship they put up a banner, when red river wins a championship they simply add another year to the banner"

Perfectly said quote

and when they lose they try to go steal the trophy!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotasports07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 am

well considering your saying central should have been in the championship this year i dont know how you can say south was the only team that improved. central wasnt even in the state tournament last year?
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dillseeds » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Spoiler92 wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:i saw a quote earlier and i dont know the words exactly but it went something like this:

Perfectly said quote

Ha spoilers got jokes, just curious how did Grafton do this year with 5 men on the ice? I didnt get a chance to see the first day and only day of the tournament that they participated in.
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby SiouxYAYA » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Perfectly said quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yWDu-1W2ng
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsman101 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:18 pm

dillseeds wrote:
Plays4keeps wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:

LOL
REDEMPTION '09

agreed, from what i heard the final score had red river at 3 and bismarck at 2, unless this is golf the team with the higher score is the winner, nuff said
dumb luck RR won state. the pucks just had magnets into mellands jersey or tip of his skate or barely hitting his shoulder... might be the first time a team has ever been dominated in the semis and state final but yet still somehow with the help of god pulled out the W in both games.
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:35 pm

sportsman101 wrote:
dillseeds wrote:
Plays4keeps wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
SiouxYAYA wrote:

LOL
REDEMPTION '09

dumb luck RR won state. the pucks just had magnets into mellands jersey or tip of his skate or barely hitting his shoulder... might be the first time a team has ever been dominated in the semis and state final but yet still somehow with the help of god pulled out the W in both games.

Dumb luck? Hardly. They got outshot bad in the championship game, yet after 2 periods the tv broadcast had quality chances as just about even. They gave up shots from the outside and from up high. Maybe the opposing teams shouldn't shoot the puck into his stomach all weekend long. Give credit where credit is due. Red River won state, congratulations to them.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby central hockey fan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Ok how can anyone say that RR doesn't deserve the state title. I mean, they beat South and Bismarck didn't they?? I don't care how they did it, they won. You don't get extra points for pretty wins.

Oh, and somone asked earlier who the ref with the mustache is, that is Tom Mikalson (sp). He is one of, if not the best refs in the state in my opinion now that Schmitt (sp) has hung em up.

I wish GFC would have made it but they didn't. I could complain about goals that didn't count, calls that didn't go our way etc. etc. but the deal here is, RR won. I would like to say congrats to everyone involved with their program. This was a great vindication because you really should have won last year. Way to go boys!

Oh, and a special congrats to Russell Crary for winning Mr. Hockey or whatever they call it now. He is a great kid and a great player.

Hey HH, I understand buddy, I was very bitter Friday night as well but what are you gonna do? Bismarck won, we didn't.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockeyrules » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

OK - Congrats again to RR. This should be a lesson to all underclassman out there, that no matter how much talent you have, the better team doesnt always win. When a few components of a team take a game off, you are always more vulnerable to lose - no matter how good you think your team is. Also, there is also the "hot goalie" factor, which RR definitely had. And last, but not least, LUCK is definitely a huge factor, as both South and GFC could not get a bounce, or a crucial call for most of the weekend.
Good Luck to all Seniors in their future endeavors, and for all underslassmen Good Luck next season.
gfhockeyrules
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Spoiler92 wrote:

Perfectly said quote

yep and grafton cheats. hey question for you spoiler92, how did grafton do this year? i normally would know but they just must not have finished in the top four..
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

gfhockeyrules wrote:OK - Congrats again to RR. This should be a lesson to all underclassman out there, that no matter how much talent you have, the better team doesnt always win. When a few components of a team take a game off, you are always more vulnerable to lose - no matter how good you think your team is. Also, there is also the "hot goalie" factor, which RR definitely had. And last, but not least, LUCK is definitely a huge factor, as both South and GFC could not get a bounce, or a crucial call for most of the weekend.
Good Luck to all Seniors in their future endeavors, and for all underslassmen Good Luck next season.

central fan i see
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyersgold08 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:

Perfectly said quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yWDu-1W2ng

One word... Sublime
flyersgold08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm

gfhockeyrules wrote:OK - Congrats again to RR. This should be a lesson to all underclassman out there, that no matter how much talent you have, the better team doesnt always win. When a few components of a team take a game off, you are always more vulnerable to lose - no matter how good you think your team is. Also, there is also the "hot goalie" factor, which RR definitely had. And last, but not least, LUCK is definitely a huge factor, as both South and GFC could not get a bounce, or a crucial call for most of the weekend.

Probably the best and most applicable post I've seen in the last few days.

P4KNBD wrote:"When teams win a championship they put up a banner, when red river wins a championship they simply add another year to the banner"

Perfectly said quote

More arrogant than perfect. I would like some variety and more talent in our state. What value is it that you get a state championship when the rest of the state is far below in talent level compared to other states? It ruins the intrinsic value of such an event. This is why I was rooting for Bismarck/South. Showing that the state is more than just Grand Forks is good for our state as a whole.
Also, I'm pretty sure GFC does the same thing and has quite a few more Championships than RR, which makes the quote more ignorant than arrogant, I suppose.

Spoiler92 wrote:and when they lose they try to go steal the trophy!

Haha.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby dillseeds » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:

P4KNBD wrote:"When teams win a championship they put up a banner, when red river wins a championship they simply add another year to the banner"

Perfectly said quote

More arrogant than perfect. I would like some variety and more talent in our state. What value is it that you get a state championship when the rest of the state is far below in talent level compared to other states? It ruins the intrinsic value of such an event. This is why I was rooting for Bismarck/South. Showing that the state is more than just Grand Forks is good for our state as a whole.
Also, I'm pretty sure GFC does the same thing and has quite a few more Championships than RR, which makes the quote more ignorant than arrogant, I suppose.

Haha.

Well considering most of Cenrals championships came before the creation of RR high school that was a perfectly brilliant coment hockeyhigh, since RR was erected they far outnumber cenrals championships
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby Timmay07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Central still leads 17-13 since RR picked up hockey :D And you can more than likely add two more in the next two years if everything goes right.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:26 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:

Perfectly said quote

Haha.

well, im guessing your probably from south or bismarck, so why would you call red river arrogant? south and bismarck are the most arrogant schools in the state. and as far as "wanting other teams to win so its better for the state" all i can say to that is what are we in third grade still? last time i checked a every team in state tries to win a championship...just so happens red river is better than anyone else at completing that goal...and as far as red river having a lot of talent, more than everyother team in the state. ha that amazes me to hear on this site becuase everyone at the beginning was putting red river 4th in the edc...
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby BLJELW » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:57 am

Timmay07 wrote:Central still leads 17-13 since RR picked up hockey :D And you can more than likely add two more in the next two years if everything goes right.

Red River actually just won their 14th title...
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Timmay07 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 am

Yup you're right, forgot about the co-championship.
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 am

BLJELW wrote:
Timmay07 wrote:Central still leads 17-13 since RR picked up hockey :D And you can more than likely add two more in the next two years if everything goes right.

Red River actually just won their 14th title...

I like the GF Herold in big bold letters LUCKY NUMBER 13 I am pretty sure that was the headline after RR won but even I knew it was their 14th :lol:
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to EDC