GFC Vs. Warroad

Teams of the East

GFC Vs. Warroad

Postby Timmay07 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Seems like these Northern Minnesota teams like to come from behind and win against Central. Roseau 3-2 with 3 goals in 1:30 and now tonight Central up 5-1 in the third and lose 6-5 to warroad..... :shock: Thoughts?
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Re: GFC Vs. Warroad

Postby nothinghappend » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

well you know what i heard... #3 from warroad eats hockey pucks for breakfast, thats why hes sick
nothinghappend

Postby Timmay07 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Yeah Brock Nelson is pretty talented had some sick moves!!!!
Timmay07
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:07 am

Timmay07 wrote:Seems like these Northern Minnesota teams like to come from behind and win against Central. Roseau 3-2 with 3 goals in 1:30 and now tonight Central up 5-1 in the third and lose 6-5 to warroad..... :shock: Thoughts?

You've got to play an entire game if you want to win. I'm assuming Central controlled play if they were up 5-1 into the third, but it doesn't mean anything if you let up even a little bit. Warroad is a quality team and their record shows it, you give them the opportunity, they will take it.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeymaster » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:00 pm

records show nothin! fyi hockeyhigh, devils lake was like 4th in the state at one point wit a record of 2-11... but that must mean there amazing cuz they were 5th right? records mean nothin.
hockeymaster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby central hockey fan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:53 pm

I was at the game and what I saw was 2 periods of GFC playing well but getting the benefit of the bounces. The fans knew it wasn't over even when GFC was up 5-1 going into the third. GFC took some penalties that put them in some bad situations and Warroad capitalized. GFC put a puck in the net late in the third but the refs totally missed it, I did ask the goal judge if it was in right after the no goal call, he told me the goalie pulled it back out. Minutes later the ref asked the goal judge if it went in, didn't hear the conversation but it was still a no goal when the conversation was over. No, that one goal (or no goal) didn't change the fact that Warroad schooled GFC in the third but a goal should be a goal. OK enough of that rant.

Honestly, if the kids come away and learn the lesson that they have to play 3 full periods then it is worth a loss at this point in the season. It would be great to have this team in the EDC!
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BLJELW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm

central hockey fan wrote:I was at the game and what I saw was 2 periods of GFC playing well but getting the benefit of the bounces. The fans knew it wasn't over even when GFC was up 5-1 going into the third. GFC took some penalties that put them in some bad situations and Warroad capitalized. GFC put a puck in the net late in the third but the refs totally missed it, I did ask the goal judge if it was in right after the no goal call, he told me the goalie pulled it back out. Minutes later the ref asked the goal judge if it went in, didn't hear the conversation but it was still a no goal when the conversation was over. No, that one goal (or no goal) didn't change the fact that Warroad schooled GFC in the third but a goal should be a goal. OK enough of that rant.

Honestly, if the kids come away and learn the lesson that they have to play 3 full periods then it is worth a loss at this point in the season. It would be great to have this team in the EDC!

I recall earlier in the season when Central was playing Roseau and they were up and out playing them the entire game and they gave up a 2 goal lead with a minute or so left and lost in regulation...I believe that the coaches should motivate these players to play the entire game. If they were going to learn a lesson they should have learned from this earlier this season. Seems like they are a very shakky team and I wouldn't want that going into EDC and STATE
BLJELW
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hockey Fan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm

It seems to me its the time of the season where Bina should shorten his blue line players down to 4 or 5, 7 defensemen makes for lack of consistent play with one partner, and has to be a factor. Hopefully, this will happen in the last 2 games of the season and on into the tournament. But it is time to play for all the marbles and its time to play your best players. Just an opinion of a Central hockey fan........
Hockey Fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 pm

One thing that concerns me at the Warroad game I kept hearing this is a nonconference game it doesn't matter, it matters every time you put on the uniform. Central had lost the game it was a matter of what the final score was going to be. Basically that mind set needs to be erased. Everytime you play the game its for 60 minutes and play with pride.

I think it starts with the coaches and needs to be relayed. I never remember hearing anything like that in years past. Every game matters.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby central hockey fan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:42 am

Did you see the GPR game? The way the kids came out in the third period is a testament to the kids...not the coaching staff. The kids got the message from the Warroad game for sure and went on to bury the Spoilers.

I completely agree that the bench should get short from this point forward. Many of the Central fans and parents have been scratching their heads on the 7 defensemen rotation... I mean who does that?

Tonight should be interesting for sure.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC