grafton vs. shanley

Teams of the East

Re: grafton vs. shanley

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:14 pm

just out of curiousity what player were shanley people bragging up?
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Re: grafton vs. shanley

Postby beastyboy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:32 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:They don't exactly play the toughest non-conference schedule in the state.

Agreed on your entire post, especially this part in dissent to Fargohockey. According to the USHSO, Shanley is playing the fourth from worst schedule in the state, and this includes conference games against teams like Central, South, RR and Grafton. If you make it non-conference games only, Shanley would likely have the second to easiest schedule in the state, right above Wahpeton. I have honestly never even heard of Prairie Centre, Willmar, River Lakes, Kittson Central, or Morris MN in reference to their hockey teams, ever . Not surprisingly, Shanley won all these nonconference games.

Am I anti-Shanley? Quite the opposite actually. I think that any competition that is raising the bar in North Dakota is incredible for our hockey. We need more competition in this state, and it shows. When we only field 1-2 teams a year that would be ranked in the top twenty of a neighboring state, I'd like to see improvement. However, the reason that I'm 'putting down' Shanley in any way is because of (what I'm assuming) Shanley players making accounts and claiming games were far closer than they really were. Whether the score itself was close or not (Thank Stokke for this the majority of the time), the better team will find a way to win. Shanley has yet to win a game they 'shouldn't have'.

No you do seem to be anti shanley pretty often in this forum..
beastyboy
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to EDC