If the season ended now

Teams of the East

Re: If the season ended now

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:33 pm

king1869 wrote:Central hockey fan.. are you like his dad or something?? you always bring him up.

Even if he was a parent or buddy what difference does it make he is the top forward on the Central Knights.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsman101 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 pm

gfhockeyrules wrote:Wow Sportsman101, maybe you should change your name to GFC Hater? How can you tell me that Moody or Plutowski are "not Legitimate" and don't belong in this group? Also your quote.."cieklinski is not a top tier defenseman" is totally adsurd - Maybe you should ask most of the coaches in the State? I noticed that you touted a couple of 2nd tier forwards for South, so that pretty much explains where you are coming from.
its my personal opinion from watching those certain players play for many years now. some players have it some dont. cieklinski has always been hard nosed sometimes borderline cheap and the rest of the players including him work hard and try to make their teams better.. all good hockey players. just my opinion on their level of ability.
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyguy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:34 pm

ok well right now i disagree with a lot of what everyones saying so heres my idea of who is all edc team.

Forwards-(central) Purpur, hatt,moody(red river) crary, bancroft, ladoucer(south) orson, sorenson(grafton) boyle

Defensemen-(central)Ray, Ciekalinski (red river) anderson(south) hooey(grafton) hills

Goalie- Lang/Buchholz

Coach- Benson

Hockey high u should probably not talk about other player if u have only seen them play one time
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 am

12345 wrote:Forwards- Souths top six Orson stellrecht Narveson Mauch Sorenson Huguelt Central- Spicer, simonson, purpur, hatt Red River- Crary, Laducer, bancroft, Grafton- Gaustad, boyle, mohagen all good choices in my opinion not based on points all around play

Defense- anderson, ray, ciekilinski, howe, hills, hooey, luecke, burdick, wagner all good defense

Goalie- Bucholz solid goalie

Coach- Malm has a good team despite losing all the players from last year. It takes a good coach to do this.

Place- Grafton always hard to play and win in grafton for opposing teams

Probably one of the most accurate lists in the thread, missing just a few players that could be in. I'd also have to say that Benson will most likely receive Coach of the Year based solely on South's record compared to last year, whether or not it has to do with him or whether they take EDC/State this year.

hockeyguy wrote:Hockey high u should probably not talk about other player if u have only seen them play one time

It's apparent you support Central just as it is apparent I support South. I have watched these players play more than just a single game, but this year I have only seen Cieklinski and Ray play once because that's the only time I had to make the trip. Based on that game, as well as past years that I've seen a majority of these players in Varsity hockey, I made my selections. As I said before, when I see them again on Saturday, we'll see if that changes.
I have a feeling you'll be at the game next Saturday at the UP as well, and you should really compare the defensive skill of either team in an unbiased standpoint and observe how they respond to situations in games both mentally and physically. This is how hockey scouts observe games, and it's a good way to find out how good each player really is.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:23 am

I don't remember the exact number of players they select for All-EDC, is it 17 (9 Forward, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies)? I think that is correct, but not sure. As interesting it would be to see Fargo South get 6-7 selections (Orson, Hooey, Sorenson, Huguelet, Buchholz, Burdick, plus some others have been mentioned), Grand Forks Central to get 5-6 selections (Ray, Cieklinski, Moody, Purpur, Spicer, Plutowski, and some others have been mentioned), Grafton-Park River to get 3-4 selections (Gaustad, Boyle, Hills have been mentioned), Red River to have 3-4 selections (Crary, LaDouceur, Anderson have been mentioned), I have a hard time believing that will happen. South might get 4 at the most, Central probably 3, Red River 3, Grafton 3, and the remaining 2-3 players will be from other schools.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby central hockey fan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:12 am

Sioux4ever wrote:I don't remember the exact number of players they select for All-EDC, is it 17 (9 Forward, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies)? I think that is correct, but not sure. As interesting it would be to see Fargo South get 6-7 selections (Orson, Hooey, Sorenson, Huguelet, Buchholz, Burdick, plus some others have been mentioned), Grand Forks Central to get 5-6 selections (Ray, Cieklinski, Moody, Purpur, Spicer, Plutowski, and some others have been mentioned), Grafton-Park River to get 3-4 selections (Gaustad, Boyle, Hills have been mentioned), Red River to have 3-4 selections (Crary, LaDouceur, Anderson have been mentioned), I have a hard time believing that will happen. South might get 4 at the most, Central probably 3, Red River 3, Grafton 3, and the remaining 2-3 players will be from other schools.

Now here is a post I can agree on, there probably will be a couple from other teams. I also understand where hockeyhigh is coming from. It's hard to evaluate players if you have only seen play a couple of times. However, I don't think what they did last year should have any bearing on this years selections. All in all it has been a fun year and I can't wait to see what happens in the EDCs.

Here is a question, how does everyone see the EDCs turning out?
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:05 am

I agree with the above two posts as well. There is no way the amount of players from GFC/RR/South I have listed will make the team, as I believe there is almost a type of requirement that other teams get players on EDC/State teams, whether or not they're more qualified. This means that even if a team had an entire 4 lines worth All-EDC/All-State by a wide margin, I doubt more than 4-5 of them would make the team, no matter what.

EDC Regular season will end up like this:
1. South
2. Red River
3. Central
4. Grafton
5. West Fargo
6. North
7. Devils Lake
8. Shanley
9. Wahp

North and West Fargo could possibly switch, but West Fargo should beat Devils Lake, Wahpeton and Shanley to beat North by 1 point to clinch 5th.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to EDC