how will north do this year

Teams of the East

how will north do this year

Postby ndhockey12 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:03 am

How will fargo north do this year? North was a young team last year and will be this year also. But they do have a few good juniors this year with two returning first line players. ( berg and mcphail). They should do pretty good and got a steady line of players behind there top guns. But there is also a down fall to north. Berg is out for 4 games of the season which leaves mcphail almost alone. When I saw those to play with Ryder they just clicked. North was an underated team last year and also is this year. But I think all in all north should have a decent season.
ndhockey12

Re: how will north do this year

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:59 pm

ndhockey12 wrote:How will fargo north do this year? North was a young team last year and will be this year also. But they do have a few good juniors this year with two returning first line players. ( berg and mcphail). They should do pretty good and got a steady line of players behind there top guns. But there is also a down fall to north. Berg is out for 4 games of the season which leaves mcphail almost alone. When I saw those to play with Ryder they just clicked. North was an underated team last year and also is this year. But I think all in all north should have a decent season.

In the state play-in game last year, Bekkedahl single-handedly led the team to the state tournament. They are going to need someone to step up and replace his leadership and offense if they want to repeat the trip to state. Possible? most definitely! Probable? My early nod goes to GFC, GFRR, G-PR, and Fargo South being the 4 out of the east to head to state.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndhockey12 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 pm

I disagree with sioux4life on Ryder single handedly taking there team to state. He was a huge part of it but berg and mcphail also played as well. Berg had a 3 goals and 2 assists against west fargo in the semis. Mcphail had 5 assists in that game also. Which shows he is a big play maker and can do just as much as Ryder. Then coming into the loser out game at edc berg had 2 goals against devils lake and Ryder had one with mcphail assisting both bergs goals.
ndhockey12

Postby herb3 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:02 am

I watched their first two games of the season and even though they beat Century they look absolutely terrible. They were outshot by Bismarck High something like 50-5. I agree that McPhail is a heckuva hockey player but he looks kinda lost of there without Berg, because I don't see anyone else on their team that can play with him. There defense is very sloppy and don't move the puck at all. There goalie made a lot of saves but seems to have to no definate style of play, and gets out of position a lot. As for me they looked terrible the first game and got a victory and horrible the second game and were dominated, if I was the coach I guess I would say that I would maybe try to mix things up a little and move some people around to see if something else could work, definately couldn't have been any worse. Again just my opinion on the subject.
herb3

Postby the_truth_hurts » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:54 am

if they only got 5 shots on bismarck i really dont know how they will be very competitive against teams like south, rr, and grafton.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:21 pm

North lost to Grafton 3-1. Grafton had a load of shots but can't bury. That's a sign to me that Demers really did take a large toll on Grafton's scoring ability. Credit to North's goalie though, 40+ shots and only 3 goals.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndhockey12 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:35 am

Yes I do agree grafton had a lot of shots but can't bury but it also had a lot to do with grafton having very few quality shots. They were all outside and none quality. I think north is very capable to compete with south and teams like that. Berg will be a huge help when he is eligible to play.
ndhockey12

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:52 am

North faces South next Friday. We'll see if North has a chance in EDC or not then.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ctrain1369 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:54 am

The game between south and north was a joke. yes the score only said 3-0 but the shots at the end of the first were 12-0. at the end of the second it was something like 25-5. and to end the game i believe it was somewhere around 35-8. I think north has a decent goalie, but the reason teams dont get quality shots is because they clog up the slot with four of the five guys out there. half the shots south took didnt get to the net. Also, very unclassy student section from north, i don't no why they think they have such a big rivalry with south, who seems to not worry at all whenever they play them in anysport, but games are usually not close. this is the closest it has been in a while. But the student section actually having signs calling Grant Narveson a trader because he went to play for a better school because he actually does want to win a state title is embarassing to themselves. they looked like a bunch of goons over there. completely unclassy, and anyone else that had that kinda talent like narveson does and wants to be seen would leave north to actually get looked at, whether its buy USHL or any others. It wasnt him being a traitor, it was him making a smart move to further his career.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FN4GODEEP » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:21 pm

I dont know what that comment was about if you watched the game you would notice narvison sat in the penalty box the whole game with cheap penalties thats really classy
FN4GODEEP
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:29 pm

I wouldn't doubt he would end up in that situation. I'm sure he knows a lot of players on the North team and it's not very difficult to get under the skin of somebody you know. It's up to him whether he lets them do it. Either way, Narveson is a great athlete and has potential.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 pm

North may find themselves in the playin game against Whapeton which is highly likely with a loss from Shanley tonight. Shanley tied WF, and North lost 5-3
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey05 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm

North will be in the playin game West fargo hasnt played whapaton yet. And shanely played a close game with west fargo.
NDhockey05

Postby slapshot » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:51 pm

I didnt know you had to play a play-in game when your in 5th spot
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:17 pm

it doesnt matter. North wont make it to state. they just dont have the talent to do so. first game they could play grafton and they havent beat grafton yet out of three games.
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4life5 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:26 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:it doesnt matter. North wont make it to state. they just dont have the talent to do so. first game they could play grafton and they havent beat grafton yet out of three games.

north has stuck with grafton all three games, come tourney time you never kno what can happen. they pulled it out last year and made it 2 state many of those same guys are still on the team
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 pm

I know upsets can and do happen, but Grafton has outscored North 11-4 while outshooting North 103-50. It could happen, but I don't see it happening when it comes to playoff time.

The reason North got to state last year wasn't because they were a top 4 team, it was because South got upset by DL in overtime in the first round of EDC. Because of this, DL advanced to the winner bracket and lost to RR. North and DL faced off to receive the gimme spot as the 4th seed in the East, whereas both South and Central (Who got knocked out by South in the state play-in game) were better teams.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby slapshot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:20 pm

North has been beat several times by Grafton but Grafton is the weaker of the four top teams in EDC. If #5 North Can pull off a victory against #4 Grafton they will have a chance to come in the "back door" against West Fargo-Devils Lake-Shanley after a loss the second game.
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4life5 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm

although north is sittin 5 right now, west fargo is in good position to sneak past them. west fargo has games left with whap, shanley, and devils lake. north only has one game left against south. if west fargo passes north for 5, north will be sittin 6 come edc and their chances will drastically drop. wf controls their own faith unless north pulls off a miracle against south.
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Return to EDC