What the rateing will be

Teams of the East

What the rateing will be

Postby goodstuff » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Just wondering what all of u think what the rateings will be for 2008-2009 season
goodstuff

Re: What the rateing will be

Postby gfhockey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:08 pm

u mean rankings?

gpr
gfc
fs
rr
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 pm

gfhockey you are onto something.
I think GFRR will be down some.

GPR is the fav'
FSouth has a good nucleus
GFC is the team that could make that run.
GFRR

So the East has it's hooks into the top teams again.
We out here in the west had our best shot in a little while with BHS.

It just goes to show you, you need more than just to win some games and have a great looking record.

I spent time at the Jr. Gold Tourney-that was some good hockey.
It is a ton better than 4-5 yrs. ago.

GF Stallions win the whole thing. Langdon upsets the Flyers.
Anyone else get to watch the games In the State Jr. Gold Tourney?
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 12345 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:29 pm

j
Last edited by 12345 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LB22 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:03 am

Sportshound wrote:Anyone else get to watch the games In the State Jr. Gold Tourney?

I was also there. Lots of upsets. Last year, Junior Gold was twice what it was this year. Rather then having one or two power teams, every one had tons of talent. This year there are alot of good players also but there were teams last year that would crush this years teams.
LB22

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 am

i think rr will still be closer to the top.....theyve been there and they know how get there
demon_fan14

Postby hockey08 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 am

are you kidding RR loses pretty much everybody. they will have a tough time keeping up with Central who returns a ton of kids, Grafton, South, and probably North who really didn't lose a lot of kids.
hockey08

Postby gfhockey » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am

They return crary who i beleieve was only good becuz of his line partners, bancroft who is a decent player but sits in teh box to much, howe who is alright player i guess and waind who is a pretty good defenseman. There goalie who will prolly end up starting is not that bad though.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:52 am

hockey08 wrote:are you kidding RR loses pretty much everybody. they will have a tough time keeping up with Central who returns a ton of kids, Grafton, South, and probably North who really didn't lose a lot of kids.

ya but besides grafton they dominated all those teams this year
demon_fan14

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:51 pm

gfhockey wrote:They return crary who i beleieve was only good becuz of his line partners, bancroft who is a decent player but sits in teh box to much, howe who is alright player i guess and waind who is a pretty good defenseman. There goalie who will prolly end up starting is not that bad though.

Come next season, they will be fine. Always are. They may not finish the regular season with only 1 loss, but they will be fine. You only have to win 3 games in the season to get to state (play-in game, and 2 at EDC.) They WON'T be in the play-in game. Red River has never missed state, that's not about to change.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Red River loses 14 seniors, and is returning 5 underclassmen with more than 1 point. They'll be contending for the 4th seed for state, if my predictions hold true.
And Sioux4ever, it's not that improbable that they won't make it to state next year. Central should make it, however.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Guarentee Central makes state and RR will be a toss up. Hopefully they keep the streak of never missing a tourney since they have become a school.

Also look for a coaching change in the offseason for a east region team that finished in the top 5. Not saying who though.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:10 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:Red River loses 14 seniors, and is returning 5 underclassmen with more than 1 point. They'll be contending for the 4th seed for state, if my predictions hold true.
And Sioux4ever, it's not that improbable that they won't make it to state next year. Central should make it, however.

They've lost players before, all teams do. They've never missed state. Next year will be no different.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:58 pm

I'm just saying, it's not improbable that they won't make it to state next year. As gfhockey said, it's kindof a toss-up.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:41 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:I'm just saying, it's not improbable that they won't make it to state next year. As gfhockey said, it's kindof a toss-up.

Very unlikely. If you want to go that way, aside from G-PR with all their returning players, it's a toss-up for every other team. Central was young, no one knows how that will turn out next year. Same with North. South should be a contender, but it's a toss-up.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:25 am

yeah i see them keeping the winning tradition
demon_fan14

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:15 pm

I have a feeling they'll go in as the fourth seed, I'm just saying it's not a solid bet. Central will hold their own, but due to their youth I think they'll have trouble with South/GPR next year. Youth will likely be their achilles heel. In the top two seeds, I'll have to say that GPR will be the favorite for taking Conference/EDC/State, however I see South with their strong D-core and a few returners being the team that has a chance to knock off Grafton. Therefore, my prediction is that GPR and South as the top two, with no guarantees on either winning state.
Figured I'd go against my word and just say it how I think it'll end up. GL to all the teams, and work hard in the off-season if you wanna prove me wrong.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby 14>35 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:38 pm

red river will be just fine next year. talent will be down but since when has that mattered before? they always seem to turn out great teams. also out of the 14 graduating seniors i would say only 6 were relevant : meland, schaefer, ladouceur, galbreath, simonson, arnason
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Return to EDC