Best JV?

Teams of the East

Best JV?

Postby ctrain1369 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 am

Fargo South's JV team is definatly the best in the state. They are 6-0 in the EDC, and 9-2-1 overall. Tyler Sorenson who has played about five games less than the others is leading in goals and lights it up. Now it looks like they are only rolling 3 lines. they have some big defenseman and very fast and talented forwards. I expect Jordan Dalbey, Matt Winkels, and Cooper Stellrecht to lead the team in points (Don't forget cooper missed over half the season with a torn MCL). I think this team has a good future for the next couple years and look like competitors for the state title the next two years.
ctrain1369
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best JV?

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:04 pm

ctrain1369 wrote:Fargo South's JV team is definatly the best in the state. They are 6-0 in the EDC, and 9-2-1 overall. Tyler Sorenson who has played about five games less than the others is leading in goals and lights it up. Now it looks like they are only rolling 3 lines. they have some big defenseman and very fast and talented forwards. I expect Jordan Dalbey, Matt Winkels, and Cooper Stellrecht to lead the team in points (Don't forget cooper missed over half the season with a torn MCL). I think this team has a good future for the next couple years and look like competitors for the state title the next two years.

im sorry but i think the kids who are playing at central who are sophs and fresh have them beat for the next two years
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:53 pm

King & Hinsa-- stop quabbiling.....
you both have good pts.

you can not win a State JV Title-- can you?

most programs that have great JV's--do well at Varsity....
some programs--most programs don't have numbers to be real good at JV--because they take their Frosh/sophs and if they are good have them play Varsity(minnesota included....)

Here in Nd that is also true. Good players are good players. If the same kids on F.South JV were at Diff. schools-- ie: North, WF, Shanley, DL, Jamestown--etc... etc.... mthey would be on Varsity.
but probably not at GFRR, BHS, GPR and so on....

that is that---
JV is JV Varisty Varsity---- play on boys!
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 pm

sportsman101 wrote:
king1869 wrote:jv is a joke no one cares

right on. jv is a joke

You two are a joke, if it wasnt for a jv program about 7/8ths of the state players wouldnt be where they are at right now with a few exceptions ex. meland and maybe he played jv, what you should say if anything is a class a town having a junior gold team is a joke because hey at least those jv kids were good enough to make a team!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportshound » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:45 pm

slow down "sauce"-- easy.....

JV is good training ground for development of players.
Most teams have plenty of guys play JV(as Fresh/soph--some Jr)-- then move on to be contributors on varsity when they are either Sop/Jr/Sr's....

BUT they do not have a JV State tourney.
the best JV team in the State doesn't matter--I think that is what they were getting at.

Most Jv's at most schools could be good-- but they have their young talent playing Varsity.
CHS could be real good too-- but Kusler and etc. play Varsity.
GFRR, South, Jamestown, GPR, Minot and so on..... Mandan and etc......

South is the team that has a large grp of Jr's and talented Sophs-- that can't break inot the line-up on Varsity--because there isn't room with those numbers of good kids...
Same at GFRR and same at BHS....... and so on and so on....

Not a Slam--But there is NO big prize at the end of the season for JV'rs unless they get to go to play-offs with the V team..... that's how I see it.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndhockey2 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:57 pm

south will win state in 2010 and get spanked by grafton in 09
ndhockey2
NDPreps Rookie

Return to EDC