Shanley Deacons

Teams of the East

Re: Shanley Deacons

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Knight55 wrote:Ok well first off...Shanley is playing a conference game tomorrow....thats the game that matters. JV has absolutely no meaning ever except for younger players to earn their spot on the varsity team. Think about it, the Flyers dominate the Junior Gold league...they are made up of a ton of juniors and seniors and they will be playing basically freshman with a few sophomores. People can honestly say this is a big game and has huge meaning to the Flyers?!?!?!?! They should win with how much older they are and a few of those kids could play high school. But JV hockey is not an important subject so who cares.

So why not do away with it if nobody cares, along with all lower levels of hockey, since nobody cares? To answer your question, there are lots of people who care.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:42 pm

ND Sportsfan-- good post.

Both the JV game and Varsity are important-- important just to different people(ie: kids)...for experience and somewhere to show what they ahve worked on in practice..... pls game experience is very important, playing other guys rather than banging against the same faces everyday.

Some fans (low budget/non playing/not smart or caring-ones) don't care.
but it is a good thing that Shanley gets to play a JV game. who is the league team they play without a JV team??? Must be Wahpeton-- I have to check the newly posted master schedule--posted by ND Football guy........ I ay Flyers play them everytime you can and I say Shanley-- find a team to play like the Flyers --everytime you can at JV level..... do not I repeat--do not play them with your Varsity!
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Knight55 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:05 am

Sportshound wrote:ND Sportsfan-- good post.

Both the JV game and Varsity are important-- important just to different people(ie: kids)...for experience and somewhere to show what they ahve worked on in practice..... pls game experience is very important, playing other guys rather than banging against the same faces everyday.

but it is a good thing that Shanley gets to play a JV game. who is the league team they play without a JV team??? Must be Wahpeton-- I have to check the newly posted master schedule--posted by ND Football guy........ I ay Flyers play them everytime you can and I say Shanley-- find a team to play like the Flyers --everytime you can at JV level..... do not I repeat--do not play them with your Varsity!

Ok I'm pretty sure the varsity team would never play them. Why would they? They've beaten North, Mandan who are both supposedly top 8 in the state....the only team that has killed them was Red River...they are an average varsity team, Shanley has never agreed to play a JV team so why are you saying they would ever want to play with their varsity!?!? I know you were just saying that...but honestly it was stupid and kind of disrespectful to that program.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:32 am

Knight55 wrote:
Sportshound wrote:ND Sportsfan-- good post.

Ok I'm pretty sure the varsity team would never play them. Why would they? They've beaten North, Mandan who are both supposedly top 8 in the state....the only team that has killed them was Red River...they are an average varsity team, Shanley has never agreed to play a JV team so why are you saying they would ever want to play with their varsity!?!? I know you were just saying that...but honestly it was stupid and kind of disrespectful to that program.

I think what he was trying to say is that Shanley should not play the Flyers with their varsity because anything can happen on any given night and if the flyers were to beat a varsity team, it would be a big blow to that program.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Favre#1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:00 pm

There JV got beat 4-2 with an empty netter...the shots were like 45-25 flyers
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:42 am

But watch out they beat Wahp-Breck 6-3!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby und52 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:51 am

After that 7-2 win at North I thought that Shanley would do better against Whap maybe they just weren't focused but a wins a win
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gopherguy17 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Look out for Pat Thomas in the race for Mr. Hockey. I hear that he's been talking to some division one schools. I read recently in an interview he thinks he could be good enough to go all the way. His dominating effort against Fargo North has me convinced he could be Mr. Hockey in 2007-2008.
gopherguy17
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ghetto*revival » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:22 pm

dude he was obviously jokin pat thomas is no where near Mr. Hockey material he hits like a middle school girl and if you didnt see the whap game last night he didnt play to hot on the other hand mike nelson is the one to watch from shanley after everytime he scores he blesses the crowd. the kids seem to love it and who is this knight55 kid and why do u know so much about shanley hockey
ghetto*revival

Postby Knight55 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 pm

gopherguy17 wrote:Look out for Pat Thomas in the race for Mr. Hockey. I hear that he's been talking to some division one schools. I read recently in an interview he thinks he could be good enough to go all the way. His dominating effort against Fargo North has me convinced he could be Mr. Hockey in 2007-2008.

I don't think he said any of that? He is going to play college golf...
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:54 pm

Should be an ignore function for any person with less than 25 posts. :lol:
Shanley beat North 7-2 on, if I'm not mistaken, ~20-23 shots. (Somewhere in there, can't remember)
That's like a 70% save percentage for the North goalie. I wasn't at the game, but it doesn't really seem like Shanley dominated North, North's goalie was just letting in a lot of goals. And now they only beat Wahpeton 6-3? Hmph.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gopherguy17 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Shanley had two empty netters making it 5 goals that the North goalie let in. Thats about 80%. Buy a calculator HockeyHigh. Also Shanley dominated whapeton from begining to end and had a ton of shots.
gopherguy17
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Shanley dominated????....they scored 4 quick goals in about three minutes and then after that they got beat the rest of the game 3-2....they definately didnt dominate
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:33 pm

gopherguy17 wrote:Shanley had two empty netters making it 5 goals that the North goalie let in. Thats about 80%. Buy a calculator HockeyHigh. Also Shanley dominated whapeton from begining to end and had a ton of shots.

I didn't figure a team would pull their goalie while being behind by 4-5 goals. Wasn't a calculation error. People with 2 posts are about as credible as a speech from a presidential candidate.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Knight55 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 am

HockeyHigh wrote:
gopherguy17 wrote:Shanley had two empty netters making it 5 goals that the North goalie let in. Thats about 80%. Buy a calculator HockeyHigh. Also Shanley dominated whapeton from begining to end and had a ton of shots.

I didn't figure a team would pull their goalie while being behind by 4-5 goals. Wasn't a calculation error. People with 2 posts are about as credible as a speech from a presidential candidate.

North pulled their goalie when it was 6-2...but early in the first period Shanley had a delayed penalty and north pulled their goalie made a centering pass that noone touched and it went all the way doen and into their own net...so gopherguy17 is correct.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:06 pm

y do u know this knight 55
ghetto*revival

Postby ghetto*revival » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:07 pm

i hear there is a senior playin jv anyone know anything bout this
ghetto*revival

Postby Knight55 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:11 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:y do u know this knight 55

ghetto*revival wrote:i hear there is a senior playin jv anyone know anything bout this

I have a couple people i know who represent both teams...and yes his name is Isaac Olson I believe. He's really been dominating those JV games and he's up to a whopping 5 goals or something like that. Its weird he always seems to be crying in the corner according to one of the players from Shanley though....i dunno why but thats what they say?!?!?!?!
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Knight55 wrote:North pulled their goalie when it was 6-2...but early in the first period Shanley had a delayed penalty and north pulled their goalie made a centering pass that noone touched and it went all the way doen and into their own net...so gopherguy17 is correct.

Sounds hilarious. Would have been kinda sad if it was a close game though.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ghetto*revival » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 am

haha sounds like a winner
ghetto*revival

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:10 am

Heard that same story about North vs. Shanley-- plus heard that their Athletic Director and Head coach said they wanted to add some tougher teams to their schedule this year and play the Shanley game for 4 pts.... Ooops.....

mistake made--bet it isn't made next year.......

We have int he past had some teams out here in the WDA play their JV vs. Varsity ina game for 2 pts-- and lose-- Not a smart move if I were coaching--never happen...
Whether you win big or lose a close one in that situation, play the varsity and unless oyu are FOR SURE going to win-- Ie: GFRR vs. Waph, South vs Wahp, GPR vs Wahp.... and maybe BHS vs. H/B, or botno.... play the games for 2 pts. and don't mess around... play to win!

North is hurting for sure-- but some of the kids are good players, just must be struggling in chemistry and etc.

The standings in both the WDA and EDC will take on a whole diff. look in the next two weeks-- by the End of January-- we will see the teams emerge to the top.
then it is up to those teams to play their Conf. tourneys ina winning way.

I still see the West as:
BHS, Dickytown, Williston and Mandan emerging
EAST: GFRR, South, GPR and then-- maybe one of these three to 4: GFC, North(if they can get a couple of wins for confidence, D.Lake OR for you people with great hope-- few of you--Shanley(if they can upset another team sometime along the way....)
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoiler92 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Shanely tied with a bad West Fargo team. WF outshot them as well!
You can't tell me they are even able to be talked about for any reason in the postseason!
Maybe if they were in the West
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Riders10 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:41 pm

They tied right now for third in the EDC...state is not an unrealistic goal for them
Riders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Spoiler92 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Riders10 wrote:They tied right now for third in the EDC...state is not an unrealistic goal for them

I will bet Devils Lake, Fargo South, and GF Central will be ahead of them come East Region Tournament time!
Spoiler92
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:12 pm

spoiler92 some bad blood there...

and GFRR and GPR should be ahead of them come EDC time too-- (just being a little sm***a** on that one)
No hard feelings...

Shanley could be a surpriser...... GFC not keeping up to what I thought they might.
DL is struggling...
South has proven to play good but then not so good-- so who knows on that.....
& GPR and GFRR yes impressive scores vs-- lowly North.,...... but then again-- have you checked North's scores with the others lately......
shanley-- heck they have to play the EDC- WF could surprise some too-----

So who knows.....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to EDC