Fargo South

Teams of the East

Postby gfhockey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 am

I never knew this but did u guys no that powers and wurden both lved in GF? Wouldnt that be somethign if they still did. God would RR beat a lot of MN teams.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:33 am

either that or central would be better this year
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gfhockey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:43 pm

I no ian's brother played football at RR for a year and i no nothing about wurden
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby SirSinksALot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:32 pm

highheat wrote:
gfhockey wrote:Big letdown tonite for the bruins. Heard thehy lost to crookston 5-2 i think

theyll have a nice skating/puking practice tomorrow...from what ive heard, coach philibrick(sp?) likes to watch the kids skate, as does coach wilson.
Funny... i actually played for Philbrick when he was at north and he wasn't that bad.  I highly doubt wilson will skate the team... he needs to get them to play together and stop hating/distrusting each other. Too many individuals and no team play.  I love when south is in the slumps.
"Champions don't win on talent, they win on effort."
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SirSinksALot » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:37 pm

RazorsEdge wrote:So now we are going to put the problems of South on the goalie? How many game are you going to win scoring zero? Two empty net goals against Crookston. Sean is still one of the best in the state.

Csaucer123 wrote:
"All I'm saying is I have seen Sean play all but 2 games this year (Crookston, RR) and he hasn't looked good at all plain and simple... A lot of weak goals all year... I am sure there is a lot of people that agree with me there... But you are right if they can't score doesn't matter who is in net."

I totally agree with Csaucer, i dont think diechert is very talented... he hides behind his "elite" team.  Last year he had the best defenseman in the state (Gault) to protect him... who does he have this year.. Wagner? Give me a break.  I wouldnt be surprised if Kelly gets a few more games in.
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iwantsyndogs » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:26 pm

So you probably weren't loving life too much last year??

SirSinksALot[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=1334]highheat wrote:
gfhockey wrote:Big letdown tonite for the bruins. Heard thehy lost to crookston 5-2 i think

theyll have a nice skating/puking practice tomorrow...from what ive heard, coach philibrick(sp?) likes to watch the kids skate, as does coach wilson.
Funny... i actually played for Philbrick when he was at north and he wasn't that bad.  I highly doubt wilson will skate the team... he needs to get them to play together and stop hating/distrusting each other. Too many individuals and no team play.  I love when south is in the slumps.
[/quote]
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SirSinksALot » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:58 pm

iwantsyndogs wrote:So you probably weren't loving life too much last year??

[quote][b][user=1334]highheat"][quote="gfhockey wrote:
Big letdown tonite for the bruins. Heard thehy lost to crookston 5-2 i think

[/quote]As in Philbrick leaving or having him as a coach? Cause last year Erickson took over and he doesnt believe in skating his team.... not quite sure what you mean.
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby highheat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:59 pm

[user=1920]SirSinksALot[/user] wrote
I totally agree with Csaucer, i dont think diechert is very talented... he hides behind his "elite" team.  Last year he had the best defenseman in the state (Gault) to protect him... who does he have this year.. Wagner? Give me a break.  I wouldnt be surprised if Kelly gets a few more games in.

actually, this year he has danny wurden in front of him who is just as good as galt was, if not better.
highheat

Postby SirSinksALot » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:13 pm

highheat wrote:[user=1920]SirSinksALot[/user] wrote

actually, this year he has danny wurden in front of him who is just as good as galt was, if not better.
I have to say that Danny has improved greatly since the end of last year. I've heard that UND is giving him a look.  As for being better than Gault.... that's tough to compare.  I was just using Wagner as an example... I personally dont think he is talented, South just uses his size.
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iwantsyndogs » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:07 pm

[quote][b][user=1224]iwantsyndogs wrote:
So you probably weren't loving life too much last year??

[quote][b][user=1334]highheat"][quote="gfhockey wrote:
Big letdown tonite for the bruins. Heard thehy lost to crookston 5-2 i think

[/quote]As in Philbrick leaving or having him as a coach? Cause last year Erickson took over and he doesnt believe in skating his team.... not quite sure what you mean.
[/quote]
You said you love it when south is in the slumps....so last year you weren't loving life too much?  Because slumps were hard to come by for that team last year.
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SirSinksALot » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Ahhh I get ya. Yea besides the losses to Red River it was a depressing season.
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Csauce123 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:24 am

I think Danny is a good player, I also think Galt is a  good player.  I strongly believe that Galt has MUCH better offensive skills and their defense is close. However when it comes to getting to the next level Wurden will definately have the edge because of his size.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby SirSinksALot » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:12 am

Csauce123 wrote:I think Danny is a good player, I also think Galt is a  good player.  I strongly believe that Galt has MUCH better offensive skills and their defense is close. However when it comes to getting to the next level Wurden will definately have the edge because of his size.

Gault just has a heck of a slapshot.  As for offensive skills I dont see how you can compare Wurden's and Gault's because the teams in the state arent as strong as last year.  Which therefore gives Gault the upper-hand.  I honestly dont see all that much of size difference besides height which doesnt really matter anymore. If you are going to compare Gault to Wurden in size you might as well say Wagner is better than both, which is completely ridiculous.
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Csauce123 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am

Not as much height as weight... Galty just needs to get bigger Wurden has him by quite a few lbs.  Galt would need to get bigger even if he wanted to be a forward at the next level.  He has the skills to succeed, but if he doesn't get bigger we will never know.  He definaltely has the firepower, skills, and attitude to get to the next level which hopefully will be enough.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Csauce123 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:13 pm

South beat up on DL tonight 6-2... Diechart played well and they actually played well as a TEAM... Lots of good scoring chances on both ends... Wurden scored hat trick with 5 secs left on an empty net... The right post on one end got hit 4 times hard, 3 by South once by DL... Pretty impressed by DL though lots of good scoring chances...  They are also very fast.. Any other thoughts on the game??
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dackdude » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Its nice to know that they can play like a team.      

Did South earn the win or was it a close game, but South capitalized on their chances and DL didn't?
coolstufftodo.googlepages.com

Dackdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby siouxfan4life » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:17 pm

Galt was a high school player; however he has not shown that he can cut in at the next level as he was cut by the Lincoln stars early in the year and I believe is in the NAHL.  IMO the NAHL does not even compare to the USHL so Galt has a lot of improving to do before he is ready to play at the next level say D1 college.
siouxfan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iwantsyndogs » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:40 pm

siouxfan4life wrote:Galt was a high school player; however he has not shown that he can cut in at the next level as he was cut by the Lincoln stars early in the year and I believe is in the NAHL.  IMO the NAHL does not even compare to the USHL so Galt has a lot of improving to do before he is ready to play at the next level say D1 college.

Take a look at Lincoln's defensemen.  If you know anything about them you'll realize why he got cut.  All are committed to a DI school or born in 1989 or later.  That league is about being young or committed. 
iwantsyndogs
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDBaseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:01 am

That's not necissarily true...he's playing at North Iowa right now and only has like 6 or 8 points...that's now enough to get you to the DI level...i'm not saying he's not a good player but if he was truely good enough to go DI then he would still be playing for the lincoln stars right now
UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Csauce123 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:27 am

You are right, but you can't judge a defenseman by how many points he has... He plays the pp and pk... He does a lot more for the team then score points.  He's a defenseman he plays d like he's supposed to.. Not ND HS hockey anymore.
Csauce123
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:02 pm

nice post above me
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby SirSinksALot » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:20 pm

Totally agree with Csauce123. Defense cant be judged on points... if you could get ahold of some +/- stats then we could discuss the issue better.  Thats what i really look at for a defenseman's stats.
SirSinksALot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Spoiler92 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:45 pm

Fargo South 6  Fargo North 2
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Re: Fargo South

Postby king1869 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:37 am

ya they are in a slump, but i bet they will get out of it. They have a lot of potential, but need to get their lines in order. hopfully it will turn around during the rochester tourny.
king1869
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Fargo South

Postby Sportshound » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:23 pm

king1869-- looks like you were right.
Rochester tourney did turn things for the Bruin's-- good thing too.
Love to see good hockey being played.

Since the BHS loss on Dec. 21st-- the Bruin's have not lost--(tie vs. buffalo in Rochester).

I know I posted info on another subject forum-- but it would be fun to see them come out here and play BHS(or anywhere) again.
It would be fun to see the Tops of the West--- BHS, dickinson, Mandan, williston-- get another game with the top teams in the East. Before the WDA or EDC and State.....
dickinson is playing well with Big back stop Kovacs.....

well maybe another year they will schedule some interstate play after the 1st of the year.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to EDC