State champs

Teams of the East

State champs

Postby LarryHoover » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Fargo north wins the state championship. What's everyone's thoughts on the state tournament?
LarryHoover
NDPreps Reserve

Re: State champs

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:50 pm

LarryHoover wrote:Fargo north wins the state championship. What's everyone's thoughts on the state tournament?

Great season for North. I was impressed with their effort from the first time I saw them play early in the season up in Grafton.

Honestly, I don't think there is any doubt that Red River was the best hockey team in the state this year, but Grafton's goalie Suda put together an extraordinary effort to shut them down in the semi's. And in the championship game, I think North and GPR could play 10 games and probably split 5 and 5. But North won the one that counted and congrats to them on a state championship. Very nice performance by Schmit in overtime.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Re: State champs

Postby nextgreatone » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 am

old#63 wrote:
LarryHoover wrote:Fargo north wins the state championship. What's everyone's thoughts on the state tournament?

Great season for North. I was impressed with their effort from the first time I saw them play early in the season up in Grafton.

Honestly, I don't think there is any doubt that Red River was the best hockey team in the state this year, but Grafton's goalie Suda put together an extraordinary effort to shut them down in the semi's. And in the championship game, I think North and GPR could play 10 games and probably split 5 and 5. But North won the one that counted and congrats to them on a state championship. Very nice performance by Schmit in overtime.

Yes no doubt RR was the best team this year. Grafton was arguably second best along with North and if it weren't for the departure of Callahan they probably would be alone at second.
Congrats to North though, hard-working group of kids.
nextgreatone
NDPreps Reserve

Return to EDC