Any linebackers that were good- present

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Were there any linebackers that could lay a hit ? There were a lot of young players on varsity lately. New trend or just getting better training?:)
ndfootballwrestling

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:10 pm

James Lorenz from Hazen can hit hard,but he is a D-linemen.
SportsAreLife

Postby Tu-Big » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:40 pm

Amos Beuhner is the hardest hitting linebacker ive ever seen
Tu-Big

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Tue May 01, 2007 8:40 am

Where's this Buehner from? Come you guys there were definately some big hitters from the linebacker core. Give 'em some props its not all about the lineman, especially if they can t stop the ball carrier. :)
Last edited by ndfootballwrestling on Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu May 03, 2007 6:02 am

The hardest hitting linebacker I ever coached was John Arlien, I don't know what it is about some kids they just hit hard. He had the speed of a glacier but had a nose for the ball and really delivered a blow when he got there.  However the biggest hit I ever saw in high school or college was delivered by John Hoffman who was an outside linebacker, against Edinburg-Adams back in the fall of 1989. He was back in pass coverage then the QB took off on a scramble and Hoffman came off coverage knocked him out cold. It was incredible.

Arlien was from McVille and Hoffman was from Tolna they played for the Nelson county south Coop.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Thu May 03, 2007 12:38 pm

This is a couple years ago but there was a middle linebacker from VC and they were playing Kindred. The running back came out on an option play and the linebacker from VC laid the biggest hit on that kid and knocked him out cold. The ref almost threw a flag for taunting but the kid told the ref he was out and someone needed to check on him. I think they were freshman or something. Thats the biggest hit Ive seen.:shock:  
ndfootballwrestling

Postby Wombat » Fri May 04, 2007 9:59 am

Matt Anderson could lay the hat on the ball carrier. Another Cavalier Linebacker whowas a freak was Rob Hunt. He was absolutely HUGE for a linebacker but had the speed and had knock out strength too.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 am

Tyler Schlecht and Brian Weiland were both good linebackers that played for BCN years ago.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Tue May 29, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:30 pm

amos buhner plays for kildeer...he's a good ballplayer
tadam6

Re: Any linebackers that were good- present

Postby old lineman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:29 am

SOME OF THE BEST LBS AT MP
Mike Osland
Mark Osland
Mark Ewen
Andrew Leclair
Fred Walker
Mark Oden
Terry Strand
Lee Perkins
John Bachmeir
No specific order alot of these guys are old by now
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Wow, that's an impressive list of 'backers. I didn't realize that MPCG had such a list until you put it in print. Maybe they should call MPCG Linebacker U instead of Penn State? :)
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Beston51 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 pm

not saying he belongs in this list it's just he laid the hardest hit i've ever seen. It happened this year in fact we were playing FW and our Star Linebacker Riley Poitra was running toward the ball while the option was in progress and blasted the running back and quarterback in the same hit, hurt em both.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Return to Football