How would this make you feel?

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

How would this make you feel?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: How would this make you feel?

Postby bisonguy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:26 am

I would rather catch the heat from the runners, parents and coaches than deal with the aftermath of a lightning strike to either the fans and/or athletes. A "No Brainer" as I see it.
bisonguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:04 am

bisonguy wrote:I would rather catch the heat from the runners, parents and coaches than deal with the aftermath of a lightning strike to either the fans and/or athletes. A "No Brainer" as I see it.

I understand the cause of the situation...it was the right choice. Its just...if there was a chance for the storms to roll in then why start the race to have to stop it 7 1/2 minutes into it.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:07 am

They made the right decision. It was a bummer for the frontrunner, but it also affected all the runners that were behind him. If they didn't follow the rules, then it would be biased. Several runners and jumpers have had their record hopes taken away due to the weather. Kristen Killoran from Maple Valley waited for the wind to go down for a chance to break the long jump record. The official okayed her to go, and a gust a wind came up while she ran down the run, and they wouldn't give it to her. She jumped over 20 feet against the wind.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Track and Field