State Track Results

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Track Results

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:22 pm

Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: State Track Results

Postby winner-within » Sat May 28, 2011 11:16 pm

CAVALIER 4 X 100

They Ran So Fast That The Hounds Couldnt Catch Em

A Day Of Reckoning

State Champs!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:17 pm

Congrats to Central Cass on their TEAM TITLE! Congrats to Region 1...4 of the top 10 teams (1st - Central Cass; 2 - Lisbon; 9 - MWL; 10 - Sargent County).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sat May 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Congrats to Taylor Brown (Cavalier)....STATE HIGH JUMP CHAMPION!!!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBEast » Sat May 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Congrats to Central Cass on their TEAM TITLE! Congrats to Region 1...4 of the top 10 teams (1st - Central Cass; 2 - Lisbon; 9 - MWL; 10 - Sargent County).

Yes, Region 1 represented well this weekend on both the boys and girls side! Congrats! :D
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:37 pm

winner-within wrote:CAVALIER 4 X 100

A Day Of Reckoning

State Champs!!!

They were playing 'catch-up' in that relay...they came back and won it by .03 seconds.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Runninganalyzer » Sun May 29, 2011 9:17 am

That was the first meet all year Central Cass had won! An interesting fact in their state title is that in their both first full year of track Jalen Ham and Casey Flick were a part of every point Central Cass scored!! Also first ever state championship for Central Cass in Track, I'm just glad I was able to be a part of it
Runninganalyzer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sun May 29, 2011 10:09 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

A Day Of Reckoning

State Champs!!!

They were playing 'catch-up' in that relay...they came back and won it by .03 seconds.

Oh, dont take my songs as a true Description, It was the first thing I thought of!.....Better hand offs and they may have Set a new one!

Dont kid yourself the 4 x 100 has been won by this Town before and this group beat that record.

Maybe I'll be fast as you.
Maybe I'll break hearts too.
But, I think that you'll slow down.
When your turn to hurt comes around.
Maybe I'll break hearts and be as fast as you..... :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Runninganalyzer wrote:That was the first meet all year Central Cass had won! An interesting fact in their state title is that in their both first full year of track Jalen Ham and Casey Flick were a part of every point Central Cass scored!! Also first ever state championship for Central Cass in Track, I'm just glad I was able to be a part of it

Well Central Cass may not be as deep a team as say a Lisbon or a Sargent County (Region 1 teams)...but they have the quality...that much is for sure and was shown this weekend. I don't say this often but...CONGRATS SQUIRRELS on a GREAT weekend.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves65 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Run-That must have taken alot to hit submit on that one!
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBEast » Sun May 29, 2011 11:12 pm

wolves65 wrote:Run-That must have taken alot to hit submit on that one!

But the Squirrels appreciate the support, even if it comes from a Grover. :wink:
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 am

ClassBEast wrote:

But the Squirrels appreciate the support, even if it comes from a Grover. :wink:

Wolves...it really wasn't that hard...at least when it comes to the track team! Lots of great kids with great attitudes in that program and it showed at state...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thewanderer » Mon May 30, 2011 1:53 pm

A Day Of Reckoning

State Champs!!!

On down the mississippi to the gulf of Mexico.Congrats to Da Boyz!!!!!!!
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Congrats to Central Cass on their TEAM TITLE! Congrats to Region 1...4 of the top 10 teams (1st - Central Cass; 2 - Lisbon; 9 - MWL; 10 - Sargent County).

Agreed! Great job Region 1, especially Central Cass!
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 30, 2011 3:33 pm

ClassBEast wrote:

So...on Thursday night when I found out who was doing what I made some predictions (now they never made it on here because I didn't have internet access where I was at)...I had CC and Rugby with the same amount of points for the title...I, however, had Kuntz doing well for Rugby...he, however, didn't place in two of his four events (VERY shocking)...so that opened the door for the SQUIRRELS. AGAIN CONGRATS TO THE SQUIRRELS (along with the rest of Region 1) for a SUCCESSFUL STATE WEEKEND!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby shelly k » Mon May 30, 2011 4:43 pm

I understand Century High Girls ran a girl that participated for St Mary's last year. I was under the belief that according to NDSHAA, a transfer student in the same town has to sit out a year of Varsity competition. This individual is an excellent runner, disqualification may possibly give Minot the title. Thus this is an important question.
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:39 pm

shelly k wrote:I understand Century High Girls ran a girl that participated for St Mary's last year. I was under the belief that according to NDSHAA, a transfer student in the same town has to sit out a year of Varsity competition. This individual is an excellent runner, disqualification may possibly give Minot the title. Thus this is an important question.

I know now who you are talking about...that girl was an 8th grader last year for St. Mary's (Freshman this year at Century). Because this athlete was in the JH last year...she is allowed to transfer in as a freshman to any school without having to sit out a year.

There won't be any disqualification in this instance!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby shelly k » Mon May 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
shelly k wrote:I understand Century High Girls ran a girl that participated for St Mary's last year. I was under the belief that according to NDSHAA, a transfer student in the same town has to sit out a year of Varsity competition. This individual is an excellent runner, disqualification may possibly give Minot the title. Thus this is an important question.

I know now who you are talking about...that girl was an 8th grader last year for St. Mary's (Freshman this year at Century). Because this athlete was in the JH last year...she is allowed to transfer in as a freshman to any school without having to sit out a year.

Well, the reason I am confused is I am rather certain this individual was kept off of the CHS varsity soccer team for this very reason. I am certain that Jr. High participants have to follow the same rules as High Schoolers. Thus the participation in track was a surprise.
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:36 pm

shelly k wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Well, the reason I am confused is I am rather certain this individual was kept off of the CHS varsity soccer team for this very reason. I am certain that Jr. High participants have to follow the same rules as High Schoolers. Thus the participation in track was a surprise.

well I'm pretty sure that the Century coaches made sure that she was eligible before allowing her to participate in a meet...they are knowledgable coaches. But from what I know from experiences from the eastern half of the state is that the switch was legal...and I think there is another exception to the transfer rule that comes into play here...but I do have to check that first.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby shelly k » Mon May 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Yes, declaration is normally upon entrance to 9th grade, thus 8th grade attendance is irrelevant. But I thought the issue was a varsity player (irrespective of grade) switching schools which preventing participation for 180 school days on another varsity team. Perhaps track is different??
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:01 pm

shelly k wrote:Yes, declaration is normally upon entrance to 9th grade, thus 8th grade attendance is irrelevant. But I thought the issue was a varsity player (irrespective of grade) switching schools which preventing participation for 180 school days on another varsity team. Perhaps track is different??

I believe track and cross country may be a little different...but I also believe that declaration is a little different in each of the major towns because of the different grades that are considered in the "high school building". Some towns have high school as 9-12th grades and some have it as 10-12th grades...I believe Century is one of those that are 10-12th grades in one building (so is West Fargo...at least for now).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby legacy382 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Runninganalyzer wrote:That was the first meet all year Central Cass had won! An interesting fact in their state title is that in their both first full year of track Jalen Ham and Casey Flick were a part of every point Central Cass scored!! Also first ever state championship for Central Cass in Track, I'm just glad I was able to be a part of it

Well Central Cass may not be as deep a team as say a Lisbon or a Sargent County (Region 1 teams)...but they have the quality...that much is for sure and was shown this weekend. I don't say this often but...CONGRATS SQUIRRELS on a GREAT weekend.

Central Cass is far larger than sargent county and still bigger than lisbon they should be goo
legacy382
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:58 pm

legacy382 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Central Cass is far larger than sargent county and still bigger than lisbon they should be good

But see Central Cass has to deal with more spring sports then the other two schools that you mentioned above.

Central Cass has a baseball and softball program and a Golf programs that take away talented athletes. Central Cass benefitted from athletes that were willing to do two sports this spring (and they worked hard in both...and excelled in both also).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BisGrz » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:42 am

shelly k wrote:Yes, declaration is normally upon entrance to 9th grade, thus 8th grade attendance is irrelevant. But I thought the issue was a varsity player (irrespective of grade) switching schools which preventing participation for 180 school days on another varsity team. Perhaps track is different??

I know the situation and the player was eligible to play both varsity soccer and track, but due to an injury was unable to play varsity soccer. According to point 4 in the NDHSAA eligibility requirements:

PARTICIPATION LIMITATIONS
1. After you enroll in the 9 th grade, you will be eligible for no more than eight semesters unless you are under 18 years of age.
2. Your seventh and eighth semesters must be consecutive.
3. After you enroll in the 9 th grade, you will be eligible for no more than 4 years of competition in any sport.
4. Participation on a high school team as a 7 th or 8 th grade student does not count toward your 8 semesters of enrollment or your 4 years of competition as a high school student.
BisGrz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby benelli1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks for bringing some clarity to this much discussed subject, of eligilbility.
benelli1
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Track and Field