State Track results

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Track results

Postby basketball4life » Fri May 28, 2010 9:59 am

Does anyone know the website where you can find out results right away about the state track events?
basketball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: State Track results

Postby lbsteam » Fri May 28, 2010 1:56 pm

lbsteam
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Sun May 30, 2010 9:21 am

I think that Brecca Wahlund is the most underrated runner in the entire state. Just look at how well she did at the state meet, and got zero attention in all the papers! (Except Minot, of course).
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3Putt » Sun May 30, 2010 2:02 pm

theman wrote:I think that Brecca Wahlund is the most underrated runner in the entire state. Just look at how well she did at the state meet, and got zero attention in all the papers! (Except Minot, of course).

Wahlund had a great meet but it is easy to see why it was overshadowed. With the year being the finale for Roesler and Grooters and the debut of Milbrath, there wasn't a lot newspaper space to go around.
3Putt
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Sun May 30, 2010 7:26 pm

3Putt wrote:
theman wrote:I think that Brecca Wahlund is the most underrated runner in the entire state. Just look at how well she did at the state meet, and got zero attention in all the papers! (Except Minot, of course).

Wahlund had a great meet but it is easy to see why it was overshadowed. With the year being the finale for Roesler and Grooters and the debut of Milbrath, there wasn't a lot newspaper space to go around.

You are completely right, but in terms of space, state track is one of (if not THE) premier event in North Dakota. A competent newspaper would make room for news, such as a runner winning the mile and two mile pretty handily.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun May 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Yes, but she did not have a legendary career or shatter records. Nathan Magstadt was a double winner in the 110 and 300 hurdles, but he was not showcased. I think this also comes down to the winner of the 1600 usually winning the 3200 and the same for the hurdles.

I'm not saying that I am happy that Wahlund and Magstadt didn't receive big press time, I just understand why they didn't.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:43 am

theman wrote:
3Putt wrote:

You are completely right, but in terms of space, state track is one of (if not THE) premier event in North Dakota. A competent newspaper would make room for news, such as a runner winning the mile and two mile pretty handily.

I completely agree. The State Track Meet is a huge event with 100's of athletes from throughout the state, and the newspaper should report the current news and results, and write about career tributes when they have more space. It is a big accomplishment for any athlete to win even 1 event, and if anyone wins multiple championships it should be considered news worthy.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SmartGuy123 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 am

Yes, but with over a thousand athletes at the state meet there's a lot of newsworthy stories that don't get told
SmartGuy123
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MinotBison » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 pm

if this has been answered somewhere before, let me know. I am looking for some video of that 400 meter race between Roesler and Milbrath. If such a video is out there somewhere, can someone post a link to it? Thanks in advance.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter

Return to Track and Field