2010 predictions

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2010 predictions

Postby centuryfan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:24 pm

baller24 wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:Barnes, Miller, Mann, Marquez = deadly 4 x 4 team.

4x400 and 4x800 will go to the demons.. they just have sooo many good runners that their next 4 in both relays would most likely place top 3 at state.. i have bhs winning both
This was a seriously stupid statement. There is absolutly no way that their next 4 could place top three. Bismarck couldn't place top three with Marquez and their next three last year.
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby london_2012 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 pm

centuryfan wrote:
baller24 wrote:

4x400 and 4x800 will go to the demons.. they just have sooo many good runners that their next 4 in both relays would most likely place top 3 at state.. i have bhs winning both
This was a seriously stupid statement. There is absolutly no way that their next 4 could place top three. Bismarck couldn't place top three with Marquez and their next three last year.

i think the point was that they are too deep of a team to lose, not neccesarily a literal meaning
london_2012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thenextusainbolt » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 am

Bismarck will be a shoe in to win seeing that west fargo is the next best and is nowhere near the level to compete with them.
thenextusainbolt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby therunnerdude » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 am

goteam11 wrote:Barring any injuries... who do you guys think will win the 800 individual? Miller or Barnes?

i think miller will take it this year if they are both healthy
therunnerdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvsports » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:03 pm

london_2012 wrote:
centuryfan wrote:
baller24 wrote:

i think the point was that they are too deep of a team to lose, not neccesarily a literal meaning

The only reason the Demons won't win the 4x400 at state is if they are so far ahead in point totals, Zittleman will throw in some of the "back-ups" to have an opportunity to run at state. (last event)
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 am

that happened last year... fact of the matter is if it comes down to the 4X4 BHS will have the tools in place to win the thing... my question is who is going to win the 8 this year... don't get me wrong with this statement i still have my money on jake because i think this kid has so much will and determination in his body that when he sets out to do something he is going to get it done but the fact that he weighs about 15 pounds more then he did last year, hasn't trained for a 800 since last may, and will likely start gearing up for football next year during the track season
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby therunnerdude » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:59 am

squeak63 wrote:that happened last year... fact of the matter is if it comes down to the 4X4 BHS will have the tools in place to win the thing... my question is who is going to win the 8 this year... don't get me wrong with this statement i still have my money on jake because i think this kid has so much will and determination in his body that when he sets out to do something he is going to get it done but the fact that he weighs about 15 pounds more then he did last year, hasn't trained for a 800 since last may, and will likely start gearing up for football next year during the track season

if miller is healthy he will win the kid has ran ran sub 2 since his soph. year.
but y wasnt he at the first meet for Bismarck??
therunnerdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luvsports » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 am

therunnerdude wrote:
squeak63 wrote:that happened last year... fact of the matter is if it comes down to the 4X4 BHS will have the tools in place to win the thing... my question is who is going to win the 8 this year... don't get me wrong with this statement i still have my money on jake because i think this kid has so much will and determination in his body that when he sets out to do something he is going to get it done but the fact that he weighs about 15 pounds more then he did last year, hasn't trained for a 800 since last may, and will likely start gearing up for football next year during the track season

if miller is healthy he will win the kid has ran ran sub 2 since his soph. year.
but y wasnt he at the first meet for Bismarck??

He had just finished basketball that weekend. He ran the 400 last night in Minot. Look for him to do more sprinting this year.
luvsports
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:03 pm

therunnerdude wrote:[quote"theman"]Oh man, where do I start?
First, just because you ran both the 800 and 5k does not mean you ran both correctly. There is a difference between a runner and runner that wants to be better, i.e., a runner that wants to be better can make any race hurt if ran properly.
Second, I have personally talked to the members about the races, as you most aptly suggested, and the results came back NOT in favor of your theory (ya know, the one that got you in trouble :D ).
Third, much can be said about what a human can do if they want something bad enough, so let me ask you this question: If he had the ability to finish the race, would he have done it? DDDUUUUHHH!!! You imply that he simply CHOSE to not finish, when in reality it WAS NOT physically possible. If you do not believe me, then you are the ignorant one, not I.
Cheers

My theory didn't get me in trouble my reference to low intelligence did!
but its an opinion and just to let u know the human mind will give up before ur body will...and i have ran the 800 at state and ran a 5k and even 10k very competitively.[/quote]

You don't know a lot about distance running if you think the mind always gives up before the body.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong about the 800 being tougher than a 5k, it just doesn't sound like you know both sides of the fence, but then again I don't know ya.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby BHSrunner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 pm

thenextusainbolt wrote:all im saying is how are you supposed to compete in the hardest event in track when you cant finish a simple 5k when your 94% done with the race.

...and you don't know anything about running either.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 am

Did anybody else see two 9th grade West Fargo high jumpers go 2-3 in the high jump at Concordia?!? There's some hope for that program yet.....
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingfan03 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 am

theman wrote:Did anybody else see two 9th grade West Fargo high jumpers go 2-3 in the high jump at Concordia?!? There's some hope for that program yet.....

the bar was only at 5'8 so its really not that impressive. now their sprinters really shocked me. i was expecting alot more out of them. but its only the first meet of the year so they still have a chance to come back. what happened with Gibson? i thought he was spose to be a real top tier sprinter
vikingfan03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby therunnerdude » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 am

BHSrunner wrote:
therunnerdude wrote:[quote"theman"]Oh man, where do I start?
First, just because you ran both the 800 and 5k does not mean you ran both correctly. There is a difference between a runner and runner that wants to be better, i.e., a runner that wants to be better can make any race hurt if ran properly.
Second, I have personally talked to the members about the races, as you most aptly suggested, and the results came back NOT in favor of your theory (ya know, the one that got you in trouble :D ).
Third, much can be said about what a human can do if they want something bad enough, so let me ask you this question: If he had the ability to finish the race, would he have done it? DDDUUUUHHH!!! You imply that he simply CHOSE to not finish, when in reality it WAS NOT physically possible. If you do not believe me, then you are the ignorant one, not I.
Cheers

My theory didn't get me in trouble my reference to low intelligence did!
but its an opinion and just to let u know the human mind will give up before ur body will...and i have ran the 800 at state and ran a 5k and even 10k very competitively.

You don't know a lot about distance running if you think the mind always gives up before the body.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong about the 800 being tougher than a 5k, it just doesn't sound like you know both sides of the fence, but then again I don't know ya.[/quote]

thats wat i just said im on no side its my opinion?
but i was kidding anyway ik Uetz and i was just giving him crap i hope he wins the 800 and 1600 this year!
therunnerdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thenextusainbolt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:10 am

so what you're saying is that you would have gave up just like him, that's great work ethic. I saw him walking after the race, he could have used that effort to walk through the finish instead of not finishing at all.
thenextusainbolt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingfan03 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 am

thenextusainbolt wrote:so what you're saying is that you would have gave up just like him, that's great work ethic. I saw him walking after the race, he could have used that effort to walk through the finish instead of not finishing at all.

will you stop hating on Uetz please its real annoying.
vikingfan03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:06 am

thenextusainbolt wrote:so what you're saying is that you would have gave up just like him, that's great work ethic. I saw him walking after the race, he could have used that effort to walk through the finish instead of not finishing at all.

If were at the state meet, you would've seen that he did walk across the finish line, only after the race officials made him take off his shoes. Would you please shut up already? Because you obviously have NO CLUE what you are talking about.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby therunnerdude » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:17 pm

theman wrote:

If were at the state meet, you would've seen that he did walk across the finish line, only after the race officials made him take off his shoes. Would you please shut up already? Because you obviously have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

well at least i finished the race!
therunnerdude
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thenextusainbolt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:33 pm

you can tell how uetz's work ethic is paying off by how he did in the 800 at state indoor :lol:
thenextusainbolt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingfan03 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:47 pm

thenextusainbolt wrote:you can tell how uetz's work ethic is paying off by how he did in the 800 at state indoor :lol:

your right..cause a 1:59 and a 2nd place finish isnt very good...
vikingfan03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller030 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 pm

vikingfan03 wrote:
thenextusainbolt wrote:you can tell how uetz's work ethic is paying off by how he did in the 800 at state indoor :lol:

your right..cause a 1:59 and a 2nd place finish isnt very good...

pretty terrible :lol:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Postby thecook » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 am

vikingfan03 wrote:
theman wrote:Did anybody else see two 9th grade West Fargo high jumpers go 2-3 in the high jump at Concordia?!? There's some hope for that program yet.....

the bar was only at 5'8 so its really not that impressive. now their sprinters really shocked me. i was expecting alot more out of them. but its only the first meet of the year so they still have a chance to come back. what happened with Gibson? i thought he was spose to be a real top tier sprinter

I agree with this he should be a top 5 sprinter. he just doesn't want to perform it looks like. but that speck kid looks like he is going to be more of a sure thing than gibson
thecook
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BHSrunner » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 pm

I don't know if you are joking or not but...if you aren't, it's pretty hilarious that you think it's cool to be an idiot when you are operating in anonymity.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby stud11 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:40 pm

thecook wrote:
vikingfan03 wrote:

I agree with this he should be a top 5 sprinter. he just doesn't want to perform it looks like. but that speck kid looks like he is going to be more of a sure thing than gibson

Face the fact that some people simply perform better than others indoor. come outdoor season gibson will be up there with the best of them
stud11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_track40 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm

i happen to know both gibson and *spacek* (not speck) and i would agree that gibson will be much more successful in the outdoor season. i hope spacek continues to do well but i think he still looks up to gibson as oppossed to thinking he is better than him. both will do well
football_track40
NDPreps Rookie

Postby thecook » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm

football_track40 wrote:i happen to know both gibson and *spacek* (not speck) and i would agree that gibson will be much more successful in the outdoor season. i hope spacek continues to do well but i think he still looks up to gibson as oppossed to thinking he is better than him. both will do well

haha i know my comment was a joke just to make him upset. Gibson is one of my good friends i posted that to see what he would say but yeah they are both really good sprinters and he doesn't like indoor thats why he hasn't done so well. come outdoor season he will be great and so will spacek
thecook
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field