Bismarck Track and Field Dynasty

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bismarck Track and Field Dynasty

Postby demonfan14 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Will they win it again next year? Thoughts...
demonfan14
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bismarck Track and Field Dynasty

Postby squatch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:11 pm

yes
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rupp2012 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:44 pm

yes :D
Demon XC. Tradition.
Rupp2012
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thirty » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

yes
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favrefan4ever » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 pm

yes and next year and year after and year after ....
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"-Steve Prefontaine
Favrefan4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby crosscountry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:36 pm

yeah theyll keep winning as long as everyone keeps transfering there
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:47 pm

crosscountry wrote:yeah theyll keep winning as long as everyone keeps transfering there

amen to that
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:04 am

theman wrote:
crosscountry wrote:yeah theyll keep winning as long as everyone keeps transfering there

amen to that

can people help if they want to run for a team that wins? that is why people switch schools and go to bismarck. they want to win.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 am

gobison#6 wrote:
theman wrote:

amen to that

[b]can people help if they want to run for a team that wins? that is why people switch schools and go to bismarck. they want to win.[/b[/]quote]

Maybe if they stayed at their own schools and helped their teammates get better, they wouldn't have to transfer to win. If a person has developed no bond with the people in their school or town by their junior year though, why not? I can't imagine leaving my friends or uprooting my family to win a state title, when in reality, I affect the team in almost no way. Adding an extra 10 points to a team that wins state by 100+ really isn't much.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby crosscountry » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:22 pm

I'd rather be a main contributer to a 2nd place team than just another face in the crowd for the bhs track team
Aaannd boom goes the dynamite
crosscountry
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

If you go to Bismarck High and run track you will probably develop your talent better than anywhere else and have a better chance of running in college if you so choose to do so, but if you want to be a great 400 runner I would highly suggest going to Dickinson High School.. we seem to habitually produce 400 runners.
Achilles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BHSrunner » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Achilles wrote:If you go to Bismarck High and run track you will probably develop your talent better than anywhere else and have a better chance of running in college if you so choose to do so, but if you want to be a great 400 runner I would highly suggest going to Dickinson High School.. we seem to habitually produce 400 runners.

Basically. I had some problems when I was at St. Mary's before I transferred, one of them being whether or not I could develop my talents at that school. I transferred to Bismarck High to run full time for the Demons.

I now run at Wake Forest. Could I have gotten a scholarship while running for St. Mary's? I don't know. But I realized that I was going to be trained like a college runner at BHS.

I'm sorry, but ND track & field is a joke on a national level anyways. So while I'm happy I contributed to BHS's history, I know it really doesn't matter because we would have gotten absolutely crushed in a bunch of different states. heck, last year BHS wouldn't have put ANYBODY in the state meet in some states.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:53 am

BHSrunner wrote:I'm sorry, but ND track & field is a joke on a national level anyways. So while I'm happy I contributed to BHS's history, I know it really doesn't matter because we would have gotten absolutely crushed in a bunch of different states. heck, last year BHS wouldn't have put ANYBODY in the state meet in some states.

So you are saying that nobody from North Dakota would have qualified in a state like North Carolina (home of Wake Forest) which has 9.2 million people, as opposed to North Dakota which has .6 million? Or are you saying that North Dakota is a joke in track and field when compared to other states with similar populations, such as South Dakota, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming and Alaska?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby i am legend » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:17 am

BHSrunner wrote:
Achilles wrote:If you go to Bismarck High and run track you will probably develop your talent better than anywhere else and have a better chance of running in college if you so choose to do so, but if you want to be a great 400 runner I would highly suggest going to Dickinson High School.. we seem to habitually produce 400 runners.

Basically. I had some problems when I was at St. Mary's before I transferred, one of them being whether or not I could develop my talents at that school. I transferred to Bismarck High to run full time for the Demons.

I now run at Wake Forest. Could I have gotten a scholarship while running for St. Mary's? I don't know. But I realized that I was going to be trained like a college runner at BHS.

I'm sorry, but ND track & field is a joke on a national level anyways. So while I'm happy I contributed to BHS's history, I know it really doesn't matter because we would have gotten absolutely crushed in a bunch of different states. heck, last year BHS wouldn't have put ANYBODY in the state meet in some states.

I agree with pretty much everything u say, but are you saying that not even joash would have qualified in some states? And I have found out from some kids I know in the other states and nd can still compete with some states.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller_2010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:49 pm

crosscountry wrote:I'd rather be a main contributer to a 2nd place team than just another face in the crowd for the bhs track team

Definitely agreed.

But yes BHS will roll to another team title this year
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby i am legend » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
crosscountry wrote:I'd rather be a main contributer to a 2nd place team than just another face in the crowd for the bhs track team

Definitely agreed.

But yes BHS will roll to another team title this year

oh for sure, theirs no one that will even be close.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Track and Field