Boys Javelin

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Boys Javelin

Postby Sanders10 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Does anyone know who has all qualified or is close to qualifying for state in boys jav?
"Some men are born with greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them."
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Boys Javelin

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Sanders10 wrote:Does anyone know who has all qualified or is close to qualifying for state in boys jav?

http://tf.bismarck.k12.nd.us/index2.php

* click on performances
* click on what division you want
* click on Javelin on the left side of the screen
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sanders10 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

thanks
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sanders10 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Do you know anyone who is close to qualifying either in the EDC or the WDA?
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 am

Sanders10 wrote:Do you know anyone who is close to qualifying either in the EDC or the WDA?

Tyler Bradley from BHS is right there at 158'8" also dexter werner is right there at 153'11"... dexter has gotten a PR at every meet this year... there are 8 guys in the state between 150 and 160... so a lot of people are really close

If you take this link and then hit Top Javeline West/East it will have a list of the best throws in east region thus far
http://www.bhs.bismarckschools.org/bhs/ ... ers/stats/
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sanders10 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:55 am

thanks thats exactly what i was looking for
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sanders10 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:21 am

Congrats to Brian Ericson and Alex Hickel who qualified yesterday at the GF Dual meet, both are juniors and had throws of 163' 08.00" and 167' 01.00" respectively
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rrfan » Sun May 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Sanders10 wrote:Congrats to Brian Ericson and Alex Hickel who qualified yesterday at the GF Dual meet, both are juniors and had throws of 163' 08.00" and 167' 01.00" respectively

Yes, great day for red river. There are also a couple more guys and girls who are very close to reaching the qualifying mark. Only time will tell...
rrfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sanders10 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Red RIver has to have the best Jav throwers in EDC and maybe even state... i think they have the top 4 in EDC with a couple kids who are probably within top ten
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller030 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:02 pm

ryan drevlow from north sargent with a 186
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sanders10 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 pm

Ok let me rephrase that...best javelin throwers class A in EDC im not saying they have the farthest throws in the state but if u look at them as a whole and how many people they have in the top 5 in EDC
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dawg245 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:56 am

Sanders10 wrote:Red RIver has to have the best Jav throwers in EDC and maybe even state... i think they have the top 4 in EDC with a couple kids who are probably within top ten

I agree completely. Although I think it might be top 3 not 4.
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sanders10 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:19 am

Dawg245 wrote:
Sanders10 wrote:Red RIver has to have the best Jav throwers in EDC and maybe even state... i think they have the top 4 in EDC with a couple kids who are probably within top ten

I agree completely. Although I think it might be top 3 not 4.

ok i agree that they have top 3 but they also have a kid in that top three who is very inconsistent and has thrown less than 140 in the last two meets... and the kid who you dont think is top 4 is consistent and has probably thrown mid to high 140's most meets, so they may not have top 4 every meet so i'll give them 4 people outta the top 5, cuz i know Fargo South has a kid (i think it's Larson but im not sure) who is pretty good idk his best but it's in the 150's
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 am

My quick predictions for state Jav...
1.Malm
2.Thorton
3.Aasen
4.Werner
5.Hickle
6.Bradley
7.Ericson
8th i have no clue it all depends on who gets in at regionals.... the only one i probably will get right is malm because besides him everyone is so close... 2 and 3 could easily be switched around and then 4 through 7 could fall in any order or not even place at all... past first place i believe class A Jav. will be interesting this year
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sanders10 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:58 am

squeak63 wrote:My quick predictions for state Jav...
1.Malm
2.Thorton
3.Aasen
4.Werner
5.Hickle
6.Bradley
7.Ericson
8th i have no clue it all depends on who gets in at regionals.... the only one i probably will get right is malm because besides him everyone is so close... 2 and 3 could easily be switched around and then 4 through 7 could fall in any order or not even place at all... past first place i believe class A Jav. will be interesting this year

I agree that Malm will take 1st and that 2 and 3 could go either way, in my personal opinion i do not think that Hickel will even place at state...he has throw less than 140 in the last 2 meets, Ericson has been pretty consistant throwing mid 150's, Bradley will probably place, i have not seen Werner throw so i have no idea of his consistnacy, and 8th i also have no idea...could go to anyone, we will have to wait and see
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Wed May 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Sanders10 wrote:
1.Malm
2.Thorton
3.Aasen
4.Werner
5.Hickle
6.Bradley
7.Ericson

I agree that Malm will take 1st and that 2 and 3 could go either way, in my personal opinion i do not think that Hickel will even place at state...he has throw less than 140 in the last 2 meets, Ericson has been pretty consistant throwing mid 150's, Bradley will probably place, i have not seen Werner throw so i have no idea of his consistnacy, and 8th i also have no idea...could go to anyone, we will have to wait and see

dexter for me is a toss up ... i am saying he either throws really good or really bad... it all depends on how he handles the pressure... for me personally competing at state track was way more nerve racking then being in a very important football or basketball game so who knows how he will handle that...i personally only put him at 3rd because he is my boy and i think he will come through... and we need all the points we can get this year
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sanders10 » Wed May 13, 2009 5:54 pm

squeak63 wrote:
Sanders10 wrote:
1.Malm
2.Thorton
3.Aasen
4.Werner
5.Hickle
6.Bradley
7.Ericson

dexter for me is a toss up ... i am saying he either throws really good or really bad... it all depends on how he handles the pressure... for me personally competing at state track was way more nerve racking then being in a very important football or basketball game so who knows how he will handle that...i personally only put him at 3rd because he is my boy and i think he will come through... and we need all the points we can get this year

i think the top 3 will be 1) Malm 2) Aasen 3) Thorton like it was at the Fargo Classic Aasen going 1 and Thorton going 2 but i think Ericson will do good and Hickel if he pulls it together should place like i said i haven't seen Werner throw so idk how he will do
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:44 pm

i don't think i got one person right... thorton wins it 182'9" Aassen 2nd and Malm 3rd... first BHS jav. thrower to win state jav in 38 years
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby 14>35 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:58 am

strong throw of 182 by thorton. both he and aasen threw tosses near their top distances. very poor performance from malm.
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sanders10 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:12 am

14>35 wrote:strong throw of 182 by thorton. both he and aasen threw tosses near their top distances. very poor performance from malm.

very poor performance from a lot of people... all the Red River kids didnt throw well, Werner had one measureable throw with the other 2 throws hitting him in the head, do you think the rain had anything to do with so many people having a bad day?
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Caribou Lou » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

pretty sure sanders10 goes to rr and was looking for somone to mention his name on this post. nice try kid.
Caribou Lou
NDPreps Reserve

Postby inky » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:50 am

I got Hlaf
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sanders10 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:20 am

I graduated from RR but i still live in Grand Forks...i like watching track meets in Grand Forks so thats why i talk about it
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stallng » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:54 am

inky wrote:I got Hlaf

who? from where.
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Track and Field